No try ruling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I know in the long run it didn't have a bearing on the result, but how did the Touchie rule the pass from DCE to Harpo forward?
Let's see if he gets sacked.
Everybody on the coverage said the ball went backwards, and it wasn't even line-ball.
All the Touchie had to do was watch DCE's hands to see it was passed backwards. Even if it floated forward it is still a legitimate pass.
Because "forward-passes" are deemed unchallengeable it rendered the Captain's Challenge useless.
Now, imagine if this incident happened in a tight contest in the grand final?
What sort of sport are we playing where certain obvious incorrect rulings can't be corrected?
What's the point of the Bunker being able to pick up an unimportant ruling such as a "downtown" and not be able to rule on passes which play a somewhat vital role in RL?

I know in the long run it didn't have a bearing on the result, but how did the Touchie rule the pass from DCE to Harpo forward?
Everybody on the coverage said the ball went backwards, and it wasn't even line-ball.
All the Touchie had to do was watch DCE's hands to see it was passed backwards. Even if it floated forward it is still a legitimate pass.
Because "forward-passes" are deemed unchallengeable it rendered the Captain's Challenge useless.
What sort of sport are we playing where certain obvious incorrect rulings can't be corrected?
What's the point of the Bunker being able to pick up an unimportant ruling such as a "downtown" and not be able to rule on passes which play a somewhat vital role in RL?
As someone previously mentioned...
It appeared as though the ref then immediately awarded a 6 again ruling to Manly ?
Making up for the error? or did I miss something?

No, but if that did happen why was it not questioned?
Surely a fwd pass ruling should result in a scrum or penalty favoring opposition...
Not 6 again to offender!!

Melb were offside. Ref was playing advantage.
The correct call, once the linesperson decided his eyes were not painted on and ruled forward pass

Forward passes in a grand final ? Two biggest I can remember are Dymock to Price 1995 and Maloney to Minichello 2013. Oh !..... both against Manly !!!!

It wasn't really a pass, just a bat on - so pretty hard to use "the hands went backwards" argument. I would say that it was a line ball, definitely not clearly forward but flat at best. Certainly seen more obvious forward passes than that let go, so it was a bit frustrating. We scored next set anyway after the penalty didn't we ? so no real big deal. Hardly a game changing decision

They'll never let the bunker rule on forward passes until camera angles are factored out of it. It's ridiculous when you see ones that are 2m forward let go and are plain as day. But ones like last night will never be able to be proved beyond doubt one way or the other. Best hope is for ball tracking technology to improve in the future and take the subjectivity out of whether the ball goes forward or not

I agree it was line ball at worst .. but being a pernickety old bastard ... love that word pernickety .. as DCE was stationary. with no forward momentum, it would have been physically impossible for the ball to "float" forward ..

They'll never let the bunker rule on forward passes until camera angles are factored out of it.
But we are constantly told that a "forward Pass" is adjudged by the passer's hands which can be clearly seen by video assessment. It doesn't have anything to do with camera angles.
If the Bunker can rule on what a leaper's eyes were affixed on when contesting a bomb then video should be able to tell if the ball left the passer's hands forwards, backwards or in-line.

The Bunker was not in play last night nor will it be used tomorrow at Browne Park.Last night it was just Klein watching on a TV on the sideline and tomorrow will be Atkins doing the same.Not that it should be a big deal but if the NRL are content enough to not have it for a couple of finals,why spend a couple of million each year on it?

Yes... but ???
You will never beat storm with our starting team and game plan. We don't have any domination up front or a half who can take the line on and control the game.
Kicking early is gutless and shows no confidence in your go forward.
Until you control possession and learn to wear the top 4 teams down, you will never win.
The approach and confidence DeS may give the team, dwindles with a half that cannot control a game and is frightened to tackle or be tackled.

Something has to be done about teams blatantly giving away 6 again on the first tackle when defending a team coming our of their own 20m.

Storm do this often, but the attacking team should be able to kick for touch and get another 20+ metres downfield. They got us a couple of times like that to be able to form their defensive line. ****s me no end :)

The Bunker was not in play last night nor will it be used tomorrow at Browne Park.Last night it was just Klein watching on a TV on the sideline and tomorrow will be Atkins doing the same.Not that it should be a big deal but if the NRL are content enough to not have it for a couple of finals,why spend a couple of million each year on it?
So, if there was no Bunker who adjudicated on the Captains Challenges? Are you telling me that the ref adjudicated on his own rulings? Who was commentating on the rulings? I heard what sounded like a Vidiot.

offside is an understatement!
on the open side they were past the dummy half before he picked the ball up.
I know it will never happen but if they were ruled offside and put enough pressure for us to rush our pass but still got over the line then isn’t there an argument for a penalty try or a sinbin?
This isn’t the way l want the game to be but lots of other incidences get greater penalties.

So, if there was no Bunker who adjudicated on the Captains Challenges? Are you telling me that the ref adjudicated on his own rulings? Who was commentating on the rulings? I heard what sounded like a Vidiot.
The actual Bunker in Sydney,the one that I think costs $2million a year,is not in use at games not played at regular NRL grounds eg SC Coast Stadium and Browne Park,think it has to do with set up costs or available technology.In those cases,a referee like Klein on Friday night and Atkins today,watch from a TV on the sideline

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8