Non-Manly Games [Round 20, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That was not a crusher tackle, no one was touching his neck, it was just time for his ‘free’ interchange. parra are such cheats when it comes to the HIA

Did a Worms player limp off for another HIA?

100% agree that they are the biggest HIA cheats in the NRL. Player limps off with a knee or ankle problem.....HIA. Player walks off holding his ribs or shoulder or arm or wrist.....HIA.

Hunt was trying hard. Some of his team mates not as much.

Agreed on that. The pointer there being the break he made in the first half when his outside support was nowhere to be seen despite a try being on offer.

But he's definitely not worth paying $1m per year for. If there was ever a poster child for a team paying massive overs for a player, look no further than St Merge and Ben Hunt.

There’s a couple of games I look back at now and say “ if only”.

We could easily be sitting nicely in 4th with perhaps a break of 2 games.

Although I’m still not convinced finishing 5th with a home semi and no week off isn’t better anyway!!

Did a Worms player limp off for another HIA?

100% agree that they are the biggest HIA cheats in the NRL. Player limps off with a knee or ankle problem.....HIA. Player walks off holding his ribs or shoulder or arm or wrist.....HIA.

Yes it was Nathan Brown. Vaughan simply held Nathan in place while Nathan was in a sitting position, with pretty much little to no pressure on the neck. It definitely wasn’t a penalty and the refs didn’t blow it initially until Nathan milked it

Parra got knights titans dogs next three weeks then Broncos and us.

That is a very soft run of games apart from us and Broncos.

We just need to keep winning.

Just noticed the Storm play titans round 23, one round before they play us!
No doubt they will be well rested....

The HIA rule and the Crusher rule are both being rorted. So too is going down for an injury to give teammates a 2-3 minute break.
I noticed it happening frequently in the Workers Reserve grade match, so the ploy has spread. Players (including T-Rex) were rolling around looking like they had broken a leg then a couple of minutes later 'hobbling' back into position and then carrying on as if it was all a con job. Because the refs are stopping play it disrupts the attack and allows the defence to reset. It is a definite ploy.
In the 'good old days' players were allowed to be treated where they lay, and the play was only stopped if they were interfering with the action.
I know it is not easy for refs to determine if a player is genuinely hurt but I hope they are on the lookout for actors masquerading as footballers.

Was just reading a news.con (spelling intended) journo refer to the Titans as a 'fledgling' club.

Er, this latest incarnation was established in 1999. They're hardly beginners, even if they play like 3rd graders.

I also just watched Burgess' hit on Moylan. The commentators are right, for Moylan to have been allowed to play on for 13 minutes before being dragged off for a HIA is laughable and should be looked in to a bit further. I thought we had 8 million independent doctors monitoring this?

It was like the opposite of the eels. Someone goes off for an HIA check after the coin toss out at parramatta. They too are a joke with their "20 mins is up, a prop needs a HIA" b/s.

Edit: From the DT:
A breakdown in NRL technology meant Cronulla star Matt Moylan played for more than 10 minutes on Saturday night after suffering what NSW Origin coach Brad Fittler labelled an “obvious knockout”.

The NRL has confirmed that a technical glitch was behind a controversial decision to allow Moylan to remain on the field after he was hit high by South Sydney skipper Sam Burgess.

Must be the same technical glitch that says the only year cronulla were under the salary cap was the year they won the premiership. Are these glitches for sale?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8