Not the Round 5 team vs Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think playing issac John will probably be the go. Watched a couple of panthers games last year when he played. Has great vision and defence could be a valuable asset to replace DCE. I think anyone can do a better job then DCE at the moment who is playing very poorly for a man getting paid 10 million. John could prove a gun and be a surprise he also can control a game, hope baz goes with John, hopefully he takes the opportunity with both hands.

I seem to recall in the pre-season that people around here were saying that if anything happened to DCE, Isaac John should be our halfback. Now its become reality we have people wanting to play Api there out of position.

Parcell is no half, neither is Koroisau. Putting either of them there is a dumb decision, in fact moving Parcell at all is idiotic, he is one of, if not the best part of our team at the moment.

Our team next week should be:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Lewis Brown
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Dylan Walker
7. Isaac John
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Nate Myles
11. Tom Symonds
12. Martin Taupau
13. Jake Trbojevic
14. Feleti Mateo
15. Siosaia Vave
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Blake Leary

As much as I hate to say it, Matai is done in first grade. He just looks.... so shaky in attack and defence. And by no means did Brown shake the world on fire against the Roosters but he was solid, which is more than what Matai provides these days, no matter how hard he gives. 11 seasons of first grade takes their tole on your body.

Also I don't think Starling is used to the reduced interchange game yet, so I think it is time he was dropped to get some form back in the NSW cup. Lussick in his two appearances for us has impressed me, he looks like he has a point to prove and think that he would be a great starting prop since we should keep Lawrence on the bench for the impact he provides.

I picked Isaac John just because he is the most experienced of all of our halves, and will be the most likely of our reserves to be able to do a serviceable job. Hynes I think is too young, Moltzen is too injury prone and I am iffy on Godinet.

There is an argument to letting Walker go back to the centres, putting Brown on the bench over Leary and using John and Hynes in the halves, but I think if we are serious about developing Walker into a half we should keep him at five-eight.
It's a big call to say Matai is past his prime, you're a braver man than me to write a champion off just 4 games into the season.

I seem to recall in the pre-season that people around here were saying that if anything happened to DCE, Isaac John should be our halfback. Now its become reality we have people wanting to play Api there out of position.
Agree it's just that John has only played one game in reggies all year and that was only last week.
If his been training with side say for the last 4 weeks as back than play him.
I suspect Baz will play him anyway. Would prefer John to Moltzen. I know a lot of silvertails will disagree but I would like to see Nico Hynes given ago. He has a reasonably good kicking game and played well in the trial against the Sharks. He also trained with the full time squad in the off season.

01. Stewart
02. Taufua
03. Matai
04. Walker
05. Tom T
06. Lyon
07. John (Isaac)
08. Starling
09. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Symonds
12. Tapau
13. Jake T

14. Mateo (to come on and play five eight role along with walker)
15. Brown
16. Lawrence
17. Lussick (had a great game against chooks)

how can you leave Vave out ?

I'd be less surprised if I woke up in the morning with my face sewn the carpet than to see Jorge selected at centre for next weeks match.

1 B Stewart
2 J Taufua
3 J Lyon
4 S Matai
5 T Trbojevic
6 D Walker
7 I John
8 J Starling
9 M Parcell
10 N Myles
11 T Symonds
12 M Taupau
13 J Trbojevic

14 B Lawrence
15 L Brown
16 F Mateo
17 S Vave

Id swap walker & lyon in denfence like we did against the chooks

1 B Stewart
2 J Taufua
3 J Lyon
4 S Matai
5 T Trbojevic
6 D Walker
7 I John
8 J Starling
9 M Parcell
10 N Myles
11 T Symonds
12 M Taupau
13 J Trbojevic

14 B Lawrence
15 L Brown
16 F Mateo
17 S Vave

Id swap walker & lyon in denfence like we did against the chooks

Yep I agree we can't do a lot better than that , it's 100% clear that we can't take a makeshift 1/2 into a game like this , even if John hasn't been running with the team.

All he really has to do is, feed the scrums, distribute the ball and kick, keep it simple for his game 1.

Yep I agree we can't do a lot better than that , it's 100% clear that we can't take a makeshift 1/2 into a game like this , even if John hasn't been running with the team.

All he really has to do is distribute the ball and kick, keep it simple for his game 1.

Agree, but I keep harking back to the fact it must be a good defender on that edge. I believe attack needs to take a back step to defense for this one.

To all the pundits not wanting Api in the halves (because he is out of position).Do you realize he played 5/8 last year at Panthers almost as much as hooker.

It's a big call to say Matai is past his prime, you're a braver man than me to write a champion off just 4 games into the season.

I am mostly basing this on the fact that he was declining last year and has so far continued that trend. Matai is a legend, and I really love everything he has done for the club but he is just... too old and broken these days.

I am mostly basing this on the fact that he was declining last year and has so far continued that trend. Matai is a legend, and I really love everything he has done for the club but he is just... too old and broken these days.

It's sad to admit it but I agree. Last year wasn't his best and defensively I don't think he has been to good this year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4