NRL Essentials DVD - Manly Edition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Got an email today saying my DVD has shipped. Finally. A week after I ordered an item that was 'in stock'. Will be the last time I order form JB hifi.

They were probably inundated with orders because of the sales. When I've ordered through them before, it has normally only taken 3 or 4 days depending on the time of day and the day of the week that you ordered and also Australia Post's Parcel Delivery service backlog.

Just managed to find a place over there to pick this up

For anyone interested there are State of Origin ones coming out as well

The NSW set includes the game where Geyer goes on a rampage and O'Connor kicks the winner so I have orders that one too. From memory the other games were 1985 when NSW win their 1st series, 1994, Daleys last game in 99 and a game Johns dominates in 2003

For the hardcore fan as I mentioned in another topic there is a limited edition Origin box set coming out, 64 discs with every game played up until this year played in full

$245 for the big ol box, looks like it'll be pretty well packaged too. $0.99c postage isn't bad given the size and weight of it.

here's the link to it on the JB site : http://goo.gl/Arln9

and the details

cat_bhe4583-openpack.jpg

State of Origin: Queensland versus New South Wales. It is regarded by many commentators as the pinnacle of Rugby League – the highest standard of representative football. It has provided our game with some of its greatest moments, as generations of fans have borne witness to incredible feats of skill and courage.

Now, step back in time and witness the birth of a phenomenon as Artie Beetson inspired his underdog Maroons to victory in the first ever State of Origin game in 1980, and Queensland’s early domination of the contest. Relive Steve Mortimer’s heroics during the Blues’ first Origin series win in 1985, and the unheralded debut of ‘The Little General’, Allan Langer, in 1987. Experience the epic 1991 series and the famous clash between Wally Lewis and Mark Geyer, along with the Blues’ domination of the mid-1990s under the leadership of Laurie Daley and Ben Elias. Behold the spirited Origin contests played during the Super League war, as a new generation of superstars including Andrew Johns and Darren Lockyer emerged on the game’s biggest stage. The dramatic drawn series of 1999 and 2002; the Blues’ ascendancy of the new millennium; the Maroons’ unprecedented 7-straight series wins – all these memories and more are now etched into Origin folklore, embodying the spirit of this remarkable contest. Here, we present a fitting tribute to State of Origin with this comprehensive DVD collection of every game played from 1980 to 2012.

globaleagle said:
You could use the last 7 series dvd's as drink coasters.

Great Idea!!

If they put out editions of NSW or QLD victories I'm sure that would generate more sales? If I brought it not sure how many of the Qld victories I'd watch, would watch the first game of Origin in 1980 and a few others in the 80's as I never watched Origin at all in 80's but not many at all from 90's onwards when i started watching every year. I doubt many of Qld wins in last 7 years would get viewed by me

Even though Qld have won those 7 still a few good games in there with it only being 1 sweep

Watmough in game 2 and 3 2009 would stand out for me, he was unbelievable in those and inbetween played the best individual game I have ever seen from a Manly player against the Tigers, think we might have lost that too !!

Will Hopoates debut would be a good one as well

AshfieldBazza said:
globaleagle said:
You could use the last 7 series dvd's as drink coasters.

Great Idea!!

If they put out editions of NSW or QLD victories I'm sure that would generate more sales? If I brought it not sure how many of the Qld victories I'd watch, would watch the first game of Origin in 1980 and a few others in the 80's as I never watched Origin at all in 80's but not many at all from 90's onwards when i started watching every year. I doubt many of Qld wins in last 7 years would get viewed by me

I've seen every game except the first and second games of 91 when I was overseas. The 80s games were great from memory, but it was another world with Wally getting away with murder, the grasshopper operating the 5 meter rule, and Nsw picking new sides weekly full of numbskulls like David Boyle. The Nsw wins in the late 90s and early 2000s seemed easy. Hilarious that Wally is down on gallen this week. Hypocrit.

I will never forget the 56-0 against the Roosters. Went with my very biased Roosters father in law, who for the early part of the 2000s had given me plenty. He sat there as we just pulverized them. Eagle Rock playing after every try.....so ten times!! He was that p$ssed about the whole game that he wrote (oh well I did and he dictated) an email to the Roosters demanding Chris Anderson be sacked. Would you believe it??? Within a couple of days he was gone, and to this day my father in law still believes it was his email (and not the 10 thousand others and the growing board dissatisfaction) that got him sacked!! Happy days!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2