NRL hand Storm prop suspension and fine following Brisbane incident

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a load of garbage. The case was been dismissed legally but the NRL go above and beyond the court system and hand down their own outcome. Tossers.

What a load of garbage. The case was been dismissed legally but the NRL go above and beyond the court system and hand down their own outcome. Tossers.

What happens is Fainu is found not guilty. Will the NRL add a few weeks more suspension just for discretion?

Hard to judge without knowing what evidence the NRL had. Someone mentioned there was a video that the NRL really would not like the public to see. So why was the court case dismissed? Maybe the victim refused to cooperate? Why would a victim do such a thing? Who knows, maybe someone made an anonymous donation to their favourite charity or something.
Bottom line is NRL is not bound to take no action just because there is no criminal conviction. If they believe the player has brought the game into disrepute they can take action.

Why is this bloke getting different treatment to Milford ? Milford was cleared weeks ago but still a couple of weeks away from being able to play

Who knows, every case is different. And as I mentioned above, there are many reasons why a criminal prosecution can be discontinued. In Milford's case some charges were dropped but apparently he pleaded guilty to other criminal offences.

The three charges of assault were discontinued, however the 27-year-old plead guilty to public nuisance and wilful damage. He was ordered to pay close to $2400 for a car window he damaged with a bin and was put on a two-year good behaviour bond.

The Kamikamica suspension is just window dressing / spin to save face for his no fault stand down.

The suspension is back dated 9 weeks, so the reality is he is available to play the first round after the NRL made its determination.

If Manase is found not guilty, he will get a 150 week back dated suspension.

The Kamikamica suspension is just window dressing / spin to save face for his no fault stand down.
Doesn't sound like that at all to me. Something unsavoury happened, and there was some evidence, including some "forthright evidence" from the player himself. In which case a punishment is reasonable, but yes they would have to take into account the time he was already stood down because it would be very unfair not to.

"The NRL said available CCTV footage of the nightclub incident showed Kamikamica "in a physical altercation with a female member of the public".

The NRL said any form of violence against women was not tolerated, with the notice proposing a nine-week suspension.

Kamikamica was also fined $10,000, with 50 per cent suspended pending completion of mandatory personal development and tailored rehabilitation programs with NRL Wellbeing & Education...
The NRL said it took into account his previous clear record and forthright evidence."

I wonder if mitigating circumstances are taken into account on this?

Say if he was acting in self defence when a woman (or group of women) attacked him?
Sorry @SeaEagleRock8 I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm genuinely interested as there have been occasions (not saying this is one of them) when a woman has instigated a situation with violence & the man has reacted in self defence (grabbed woman's arms so she can't strike again).

The statement I quoted seems pretty black & white so curious if the circumstances are taken into account.

Last edited:
Sorry @SeaEagleRock8 I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm genuinely interested as there have been occasions (not saying this is one of them) when a woman has instigated a situation with violence & the man has reacted in self defence (grabbed woman's arms so she can't strike again).

The statement I quoted seems pretty black & white so curious if the circumstances are taken into account.
Hmm rugby league players getting attacked by women didn't strike me as a common occurence but yes, as a matter of law if you only act to defend yourself you haven't done anything wrong. Obviously it must be proportional to the threat.
All the circumstances should be taken into account in any alleged breach of a code of conduct, and of course must be in a criminal matter.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8