NRL on Fox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masked Eagle said:
For those that claim they didn't support them, did they jump back on board when Manly got the licence back and we were still the northern Eagles or when we became Manly again?

ME, Manly never lost the licence. Manly owned it and the Northern Eagles JV just utilised it during that era and then the North Sydney faction tried to steal it when things started to go belly up.

Masked Eagle said:
Daniel said:
Central Coast Eagle said:
So beaver wasn't a one club man dsm?

DSM is clearly being facetious

I hope so. But this is a big issue for me. I tried raising a topic on it a while ago but disappointingly it didn't get much of a response. We need to embrace the Northern Eagles years as part of our club, if for one reason only and that is to give Beaver and Toovs the honour of being a one club player. Official stats for both guys are recognised as two seperate clubs and it needs to be fixed.

Sorry mate, I didn't see your topic..

My take on it, any player that played for Manly continued to play in the merged Northern Eagles team then went on to play again for Manly in 2002 is a one club player.

Any North Sydney player that continued to play for NE is also a one club player. If they continued to Manly (or any other club) after the merge this is counted as a new team.

Any new player brought in into the NE team counts as a new club, continuing to play with Manly (or any other club) after the merger is counted as an additional club.

Any new player brought into the NE team (i.e. Brett Kimmorley) without playing for Manly before or after the merger are not considered to have played for the Manly club.

But is that the official view of the Manly club? Has the club ever stated its view on this?
There is an interesting Manly history site I found, but I was surprised to see they include Kimmorley on their list of Manly players.

http://soaringseaeagles.tripod.com/players/playersb.htm

Jethro said:
Masked Eagle said:
For those that claim they didn't support them, did they jump back on board when Manly got the licence back and we were still the northern Eagles or when we became Manly again?

ME, Manly never lost the licence. Manly owned it and the Northern Eagles JV just utilised it during that era and then the North Sydney faction tried to steal it when things started to go belly up.

Good point, I meant it more as sole ownership. It was always still Manly for me, but some people claim they didn't want to have anything to do with it.

Masked Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Masked Eagle said:

Good point, I meant it more as sole ownership. It was always still Manly for me, but some people claim they didn't want to have anything to do with it.

Agreed. It was still Manly to me in some form too as it was their licence but god I hated that joint venture abomination and was so glad when it came to an end and we stood alone again as Manly and we were free to lose that North Sydney Bear losing culture that we acquired in the JV.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4