NRL's most underrated player....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
What other manly players are the most underrated in the NRL?
My mistake - for a moment I thought this was a Manly site & the majority of threads here were based on ...Seaeagles players. Happy to stick by my opinion regardless, have you got one??
But if it helps the props (Kite & King) who are always judged too old & slow at the start of each season always get the job done, especially the big games with very few opposition front rows getting on top.
The Ballin claim is based on his workrate & quality often overshadowed by the stars like Snake, DCE, Foz & Gift. He also plays at a time where we have possably the best hooker ever in Cam Smith.

Fluffy said:
My mistake - for a moment I thought this was a Manly site & the majority of threads here were based on ...Seaeagles players. Happy to stick by my opinion regardless, have you got one??
But if it helps the props (Kite & King) who are always judged too old & slow at the start of each season always get the job done, especially the big games with very few opposition front rows getting on top.
The Ballin claim is based on his workrate & quality often overshadowed by the stars like Snake, DCE, Foz & Gift. He also plays at a time where we have possably the best hooker ever in Cam Smith.

Thread title was NRL....my mistake thinking it would be NRL players not those seen through maroon coloured glasses.

Thread title was NRL....my mistake thinking it would be NRL players not those seen through maroon coloured glasses.

MK Eagle said:
Fluffy said:
My mistake - for a moment I thought this was a Manly site & the majority of threads here were based on ...Seaeagles players.

MK Eagle, although Silvertails may be a Manly website, there is however no set Manly forum, only a Rugby League forum where all things Rugby League can be discussed :)

MK Eagle said:
Fluffy said:
My mistake - for a moment I thought this was a Manly site & the majority of threads here were based on ...Seaeagles players.

MK Eagle, although Silvertails may be a Manly website, there is however no set Manly forum, only a Rugby League forum where all things Rugby League can be discussed :)

Jethro said:
MK Eagle said:
Fluffy said:

I get that Jethro & realise theres plenty of players who are worthy of a mention in the underrated category, but I genuinely feel Ballin is up there with any of them.
Do I have a bad case of the Maroon & White glasses? - Yes, I confess & I wear them proudly & they often gets me in trouble.

Jethro said:
MK Eagle said:
Fluffy said:

I get that Jethro & realise theres plenty of players who are worthy of a mention in the underrated category, but I genuinely feel Ballin is up there with any of them.
Do I have a bad case of the Maroon & White glasses? - Yes, I confess & I wear them proudly & they often gets me in trouble.

I think Ballin is rated about right

Other sides think of him as a good hooker, but a rung below the top level guys like Smith and Farah, and that is about right

Is a brilliant defender, has a good pass but the areas that have never really progressed to take him to the next level are an attacking game and a good kick out of dummy half

I agree with Matai, I have him in the top 5 centres in the game, not many would though

A guy like Luke Burt is under rated also, never puts a foot wrong and plays at a high consistent level every week, much like Robbo did for us

Shaun Fensom is another, tackling machine who has added attack to his game this season, don't be surprised to see him in Origin next season

I think Ballin is rated about right

Other sides think of him as a good hooker, but a rung below the top level guys like Smith and Farah, and that is about right

Is a brilliant defender, has a good pass but the areas that have never really progressed to take him to the next level are an attacking game and a good kick out of dummy half

I agree with Matai, I have him in the top 5 centres in the game, not many would though

A guy like Luke Burt is under rated also, never puts a foot wrong and plays at a high consistent level every week, much like Robbo did for us

Shaun Fensom is another, tackling machine who has added attack to his game this season, don't be surprised to see him in Origin next season

StuBoot said:
Joe from Manly
Mitch Rein from the Dragons
Bukuya from the Sharks

Mitch Rein is very underrated.

I think Jared Croker is very underrated too. Great player

Jarrod*

StuBoot said:
Joe from Manly
Mitch Rein from the Dragons
Bukuya from the Sharks

Mitch Rein is very underrated.

Jarrod*

Napper said:

Jarrod*

I was just about to post the same(and now I have:p)...good call Napper.

Napper said:

Jarrod*

I was just about to post the same(and now I have:p)...good call Napper.

From non-Manly players, Mitch Aubusson seems pretty good to me but never seems to get the big wraps.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6