NSW attack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pearce has to go, he is ordinary at best and he will never win us a series. I know there aren't many better options, Wallace is in good form, but apart from him not much is out there. Mullens is worse than Pearce. If he keeps his form up and improves his defense, I might be convinced to give Adam Reynolds a shot. Obviously he would need to continue playing well into next season, but I rate him for now.

NewwyEagle said:
If he keeps his form up and improves his defense, I might be convinced to give Adam Reynolds a shot. Obviously he would need to continue playing well into next season, but I rate him for now.

Fair point.

I did read somewhere that NSW were going to offer Stuart 500K to stay on. Laughable really. The NSW team, in the 'biggest' game in history (his words), lacked any sort of game plan and, as someone else correctly observed, his bench was horribly handled. And he's been the one to pick the team remember. So where's his responsibility? The reason Qld didn't win 3 nil is because they played so poorly in the second game. I thought the last NSW try was knocked into Boyd's shoulder before the grounding. Look at in hd slomo.

The kicking game was shocking, again due to the way Qld were ALLOWED to control & slow down the ruck. This gave little time for the halves & I cant see the pedestrian paced Wallace posing any more of a threat with the platform the NSW halves had on the night.
Realistically if you swap Morris for Uate for all 3 games the series was wrapped up before the decider kicked off & noone would be laying blame on the 6 & 7.
Spilt milk now anyway - bring on Sunday & the Seaeagles.

Ian Martin tragic said:
If a better option emerges for half it should be seriously considered. bird and carney in the halves is also going to work.

Paul K*nt suggested Robbie Farah at 7 next year for the Blues on the Fox NRL show tonight. I've heard stupider ideas.

Mals said:
Ian Martin tragic said:
If a better option emerges for half it should be seriously considered. bird and carney in the halves is also going to work.

Paul K*nt suggested Robbie Farah at 7 next year for the Blues on the Fox NRL show tonight. I've heard stupider ideas.
So have I, but not many.

next years player movements will open up some very interesting new combinations. James Maloney moving to the chooks to play with pierce will be interesting, if these guys play well there could be a definate pairing there. also Peter wallace remaining fit and in form would go along way towards fixing our problems. He very rarely goes missing in a game, and has developed into a much better half than when he last played for new south wales. If i was picking sides at the moment i would have wallace as much higher up the rankings than pierce, and also maloney wouldnt be far from there either. hes also a great goal kicker, and both know how to play direct fotty behind big forward packs. maybee Wallace and maloney/Carney wouldnt be a bad option.

I didn't think Carney played all that well in the three games. Sure he kicked the goal from the sidelines, but missed a few in earlier games. He was out of position when Hodges scored his controversial try and was pushed off by a few Qld ball-carriers. Did he kick out on the full? I'd consider Bird as 5/8th, with someone else as half, maybe Wallace. There needs to be more grunt at the base. Atm it lacks firepower.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8