NSW Blues Team SOO 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Mason had to be in the team, i prefer Maloney over Carney so that's a good decision imo. Carney did sfa last year. I also think the number 7 from the rabbits Reynolds would be a much better 7 then Pearce.

Nsw consistently picks players from non top 4 teams, for years. I gave up trying to understand this years ago.

Pleased to see Fifita get a run (did the Tigers really give him and Heighington up to accommodate Blair?) but we're still short a frontrower. Unless Gidley's going to play there…

MWSE said:
KOMORI said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Gidley is the perfect utility man, will always be picked and his game for Newcastle today in a beaten side showed that, was all over the park and played well

No.

Yes. Today showed why Gidley should be picked.

If either of the halves are having a shocker he can come in and replace them during the game. His goal kicking is great too, even though Maloney has a good conversion on him.

If NSW can kick and find the turf we can win and win well. Kicking game is key.

The only way Gidley will play in the halves is if there is an injury. It is not possible that either halve could play so poorly that anyone in their right mind would consider replacing them with Gidley.

I'd have gone Carney myself, and I'd thought we'd got rid of Hoffman a few years ago when we got rid of his dunce mates Quinn, Turner, Ben Cross etc.

in a PERFECT world , this would be the only team that would beat QLD

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 4. Steve Matai 3. Jamie Lyon 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Justin Horo 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. David Gower 15. Tom Symonds 16. Jamie Buhrer 17. George Rose

LOL

Carney should've been there he is made for SOO. He's in good form. Choc has to be there from the get-go. He is not an impact player. He's the mongrel dog player you want on the field for as long as he last's...along with Lewis. Hoffman with his left-side pop and pass would've suited coming off the bench at the arse-end of each half. Happy with the co-pineapple cruizer drinker getting a shot.
As for Gidley, he is obviously the worlds best pocket pisser.

panash said:
in a PERFECT world , this would be the only team that would beat QLD

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 4. Steve Matai 3. Jamie Lyon 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Justin Horo 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. David Gower 15. Tom Symonds 16. Jamie Buhrer 17. George Rose

LOL

If were talking perfect:

Interchange: 14. Jason King 15. Tom Symonds 16. Jamie Buhrer 17. Richie Fa'óso

My worry is Hayne and Ferguson. Not a fan of either of that pair's mental game, might win us a game with a flukey bit of play, but more likely to lose us one with a brain explosion.

We finally get rid of Creagh........but replace him with Hoffman. WTF ?

I can cop Maloney over Carney on current form, but my only worry is whether Maloney can handle the pressure. At least Carney knows what to expect.

J Morris on Inglis will be one of the keys, he did a pretty good job on him last year so let's hope he can do the same again.

I think our strength is in the backrow. Bird, Lewis, Choc and Gallen are all proven at this level and will give us a strong running game. Origin is won on strong running, so we should compete there. Merrin and Fifita will give punch off the bench.

I didn't like the team at first, mainly because of the backs (and Gidley and Hoffman). I suppose you get caught up with trying to compete man for man with the Queensland backs, which is an impossible ask. If we can limit their chances then that is our best hope. I don't think we will play an expansive passing type game, keep it tight and try and get some second phase from the likes of Farah, Lewis, Bird and Gallen, all of whom have some decent ballwork. That's our best hope.

I think it's about as good a team as we can really expect. In a perfect world we'd have someone better than Gidley filling the utility spot. And Hoffman's selection makes sense on form but as has already been said, he's a cat in origin. Watmough on the bench is moronic, he's got to be the form forward for NSW atm.

Ferguson and Maloney are fine choices for mine... Maloney seems to have good big game composure, whereas Carney wilted under the pressure at moments last year. Maloney's a far better goal kicker too.

NSW have opted for a smaller, more mobile forward pack to run QLD off their feet with expansive football. It makes sense given how many good back rowers we have to pick from. So I think what it will come down to is how the games are reffed. If QLD are allowed to hold down all day and are never back the 10, QLD will win easily. If the play the ball is quick and the 10 is maintained I think NSW will be stronger.

Reminds me of Bellamy's first year coaching NSW. we picked a smaller team and absolutely carved QLD up in game, then Mal came out and whinged about the refs and the next 2 games were a lot slower and QLD won.

eaglebuzz said:
I think it's about as good a team as we can really expect. In a perfect world we'd have someone better than Gidley filling the utility spot. And Hoffman's selection makes sense on form but as has already been said, he's a cat in origin. Watmough on the bench is moronic, he's got to be the form forward for NSW atm.

Ferguson and Maloney are fine choices for mine... Maloney seems to have good big game composure, whereas Carney wilted under the pressure at moments last year. Maloney's a far better goal kicker too.

NSW have opted for a smaller, more mobile forward pack to run QLD off their feet with expansive football. It makes sense given how many good back rowers we have to pick from. So I think what it will come down to is how the games are reffed. If QLD are allowed to hold down all day and are never back the 10, QLD will win easily. If the play the ball is quick and the 10 is maintained I think NSW will be stronger.

Reminds me of Bellamy's first year coaching NSW. we picked a smaller team and absolutely carved QLD up in game, then Mal came out and whinged about the refs and the next 2 games were a lot slower and QLD won.

That big game composure of Maloney's that you speak of, can you give me an example. The only big game I recall him playing in was the 2011 GF and he was far from composed in that game. :huh:

NSW has players from 12 different clubs, Qld (expected) from only 5.

Of the current Top 4, Manly will be least affected by origin. Storm probably most affected.

Souths (leading the comp) have nil in NSW team, but tipped to have 3 in Qld.

7 clubs have 3 or more players picked for origin (either NSW or Qld).

Manly, Dogs, Tigers, and Eels have only one player each.

Penrith( in the top 8) have nil players. The only other team with nil is NZ Warriors.

Ralphie said:
eaglebuzz said:

That big game composure of Maloney's that you speak of, can you give me an example. The only big game I recall him playing in was the 2011 GF and he was far from composed in that game. :huh:

I'm thinking in terms of how rarely he misses a goal kick, even really important ones from the sideline. I can't actually remember how Maloney played in the 2011 GF.

tookey said:

Agree and raise you by two

10-0

That's what these buggers up here are aiming (and dreaming) of....and they have the team to do it as well as it would seem (barring injury) their "dream team" will still be running around for another 2-3 years after this one.

Another sad year for the Blues.......game 1 to QLD, game 2 to QLD and when it doesn't count game 3 to NSW

8-0 coming up

I wouldn't be so quick to go with 8-0

Personally I think the NSW pack is going to smash them, there is a lot of X Factor is this NSW backline with Hayne, Ferguson and Jennings. Those 3 are the keys to the series, if they all have a good series I think NSW can take it out

You would expect the Qld players to lift for Origin, but going in on club form, 1-17 NSW also have far more players in form that Qld do as well

MWSE said:
Kurt Gidley has been ruled out.
Luke Lewis is in doubt to play.

tumblr_mlvm1lXKzU1rk5zfdo1_400.gif

I'm so happy.

Hoping they might go Grant on the bench, if not him Carney although he doesn't play many positions

The buildup for this one seems like it has been going forever. I really need NSW to stand up this year coz I'm going to game 3 with 5 Qld supporters

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6