NSW Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Just watching the game between the Dogs and Tigers.  Just how come the Dogs can fit their first grade squad and the NSW cup side under the cap is bewildering given the names in this squad.  Anyway next Wednesday the game between Manly and the Vulcans (Warriors) will be on in full. 

DSM5, I noted the doggies NSW cup team last week before the 1st round and there is hardly a player in that squad who hasn't played firsts.
The pack stood out the most.

1 TRENT CUTLER
2 MICHAEL LETT
3 DANIEL RAUICAVA
4 JONATHAN WRIGHT
5 JUNIOR TIA-KILIFI
6 JOEL ROMELO
7 RHYS JACK
8 MICHAEL HODGSON
9 NATHAN SMITH
10 CHRIS ARMIT
11 GARY WARBURTON
12 DENE HALATAU
13 GRANT MILLINGTON

14 BRAD MORRIN
15 HEKA NANAI
16 MARTIN TAUPAU
19 HARLAN ALAALATOA

Disheartening reading - the dogs have got to be over the cap. We could use a back up centre at the moment - Jonathon wright would be useful. We lost our Q cup centre, Maa Rua who is a quality player to the roosters. What a joke, they are being allowed to do what teams did before the cap and sow up talent in reserves so that they cant play firsts for other clubs. 

DSM5 link said:
Just watching the game between the Dogs and Tigers.  Just how come the Dogs can fit their first grade squad and the NSW cup side under the cap is bewildering given the names in this squad.  Anyway next Wednesday the game between Manly and the Vulcans (Warriors) will be on in full. 

After the biting thing Morin has a $41.50 contract. TBH DSM i have no other explanation.

To be honest I'm not sure of the salary cap situation for reserve grade teams.  Especially those who have a arrangement with an existing NSW Cup team because not every player at that club would have a contract with the NRL affiliate.

I agree some clubs seem to be able to get who they want at any price and STILL remain under the salary c(r)ap.

I've said it before and I'll say it again we need a points system running in conjunction with the salary cacp.

But the NRL will not take a leadership role in this or any other matter.

But is there anyone in the dogs NSW cup side that we would want in our team?  I don't think so. 

Matt Rua hasn't been named in the Newtown side this year and Lami Tasi was on the bench for the Jets last week but has not been named in any side this week.

The Dogs are doing it the same way we did it in 08. Back ended deals! I hope for their sake they've got the combo right. As we know it's a long way back after you have a crack at the premiership.

tookey link said:
But is there anyone in the dogs NSW cup side that we would want in our team?  I don't think so. 

Matt Rua hasn't been named in the Newtown side this year and Lami Tasi was on the bench for the Jets last week but has not been named in any side this week.

a coupe of props would never go astray

Masked Eagle link said:
To be honest I'm not sure of the salary cap situation for reserve grade teams.  Especially those who have a arrangement with an existing NSW Cup team because not every player at that club would have a contract with the NRL affiliate.

there is no salary cap.

Dont know too much regards to the opposition last w/end but expected we would dominate this comp with our team on paper. Disappointing as a good bunch snapping at the heals of the top graders is healthy & can bring out the best - too many especially in our fowards who just think they will continually be selected in 1st grade without having to earn it - not great.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8