NSW & Holden Cups - Round 2 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
ROUND 2 HOLDEN CUP TEAM LIST

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

Friday 14 Mar, 2014 - Central Coast Stadium

NYC Kick-Off 5:30pm

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Charlie Buttrose

3. Charlie Taylor

4. Luke Garner

5. Luke Gosling

6. Will Pearsall

7. Zac Nicholls

8. Jack Delaney

9. Michael Stigg

10. Leonatis Feiloakitu

11. James Parker

12. Liam Knight

13. Nicholas Lynn

14. T J McLean

15. Jackson Kelly

16. James Mirceski

17. Evan Lee

18. Rhys Armstrong

COACH: David Heath

ROUND 2 NSW CUP TEAM LIST

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS v MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES

Sat 15 March 2014, Belmore Sports Ground

NSW Cup Kick off: 3:00pm

1. Clinton Gutherson

2. Domenic Reardon

3. Delroy Berryman

4. Tony Satini

5. Mark O’Dare

6. Jack Littlejohn (c)

7. Masada Iosefa

8. Ligi Sao

9. Jayden Hodges

10. Tyson Andrews

11. Jake Trbojevic

12. Santana Palmer

13. Jordan Latham

14. Hugh Pratt

15. Matt Ikuvalu

16. Luke Haddrick

17. Ron Alovili

COACH: Luke Williamson

Related article:

VB NSW CUP PREVIEWS - RD 2

NSWRL Media
Thu 13th March, 02:30PM

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Belmore Sports Ground, Saturday, March 15
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Damian Briscoe
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via www.steelesports.com.au)

Summary:
The Bulldogs and the Sea Eagles will be looking for their first wins of the season when they lock horns at Belmore on Saturday afternoon. Manly will be smarting from their round one display, having conceded 50 points at home, while the Bulldogs were taught a footballing lesson early on by defending premiers Cronulla, even though they managed to finish strongly, adding some respectability to the final margin. Luke Williamson has named an unchanged line up here for Manly while for the Bulldogs, Tim Lafai has been named in the centres and Tyrone Phillips has shifted back to his more favoured fullback role. Both of these sides field very young rosters in this competition but it will be perhaps the more experienced backrow of Alaalatoa, Maitua and Burr that may give the Bulldogs the edge on the weekend.

Hot Dogs: Despite their accumulative youth, there is plenty to like about this young Bulldogs backline. Players such as Sila, Phillips, Templeman and Graham have all shined at different stages of their junior development, and have shown enough in recent times to suggest that they have a future in open-age football. But like anything new, it may take time for all of the ingredients to come together and work in harmony. There will probably be weeks when this Dogs backline is electric and on song but Dogs fans will need to be patient as there may also be weeks when things just don’t click. Either way, it won’t be boring, that’s for sure.

Prediction: The Dogs showed enough late against the Sharks to suggest that they should be winning here. Bulldogs by 8.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/03/13/vb_nsw_cup_previews_rd_2.html

Young Tom and Stigg in the 20s are our future, I saw them both play for the first time last week and I saw enough to know that our future is rosy if we ca retain them. The 20s were great last week, had a real crack

The premier league team need to lift their game all over the park.

Williamson has to sort out their defence, you just cant afford to miss easy tackles and drop the ball like they did last week. Very embarrasing performance from them and I am afraid mirrored the performances from Williamson coached teams from other years.

sheridanstand78 said:
Young Tom and Stigg in the 20s are our future, I saw them both play for the first time last week and I saw enough to know that our future is rosy if we ca retain them. The 20s were great last week, had a real crack

Williamson has to sort out their defence, you just cant afford to miss easy tackles and drop the ball like they did last week. Very embarrasing performance from them and I am afraid mirrored the performances from Williamson coached teams from other years.

There are a few other boys who are very good but as this team is another coached badly, these other good players haven't had much opportunity with the ball, hopefully they can get some ball against Souths especially near the try line to score, want to see Taylor ( Australian Schoolboy Winger ) given some ball near the try line or from a pass from a break with him sprinting outwide and knocking a few over. You won't catch him in the open.
NSW Cup badly coached as well, the team will not do any good while Williamson is at the helm. Its Embarrassing and can't believe he is still there.

sheridanstand78 said:

I was with stiggs when he was at Penrith,I was gear steward with H.M team the year they last won,he is a good kid with plenty of talent,he told me Penriff offered peanuts,while Manly offered him good money,he said the choice was easy.The penriff system is crap,it doesnt matter how good you are,its whether the hierarchy like you or not,often a lot of kids are here that are very talented miss out because they use the old favourites system,Gus might be here and preaching about growing the juniors,but the same old ways are still here

master blaster said:
sheridanstand78 said:

I was with stiggs when he was at Penrith,I was gear steward with H.M team the year they last won,he is a good kid with plenty of talent,he told me Penriff offered peanuts,while Manly offered him good money,he said the choice was easy.The penriff system is crap,it doesnt matter how good you are,its whether the hierarchy like you or not,often a lot of kids are here that are very talented miss out because they use the old favourites system,Gus might be here and preaching about growing the juniors,but the same old ways are still here
Its such a shame as someone who has been a selector and takes a big interest in talented young players, I see this so often and the Politics. I know Manly have about 7 hookers on their books, including Jayden Hodges. The best hooker out of all these players is Stigg he has what it takes. There are no decent halves in the lower grades which is a big worry, Manly should be looking at some talented rugby 9s or 10s through the schoolboy system, there is some good players who have just finished school and are not contracted, this is where Warwick ( Manly Recruitment ) should focus. The coach for the 20s has no idea unfortunately for this team, a few talented players in the team are being wasted and not utilised properly.

The NYC boys wemt down 30-16 but they blew 4 tries with torpedo passes on the last :(

Tom T, Liam Knight, Nick,Leonie and Pearsall went really well again :angel:

They are good to watch, especially after last year.

Travelled down to Belmore to watch the reggies. Neither team great and neither team with players for the step up to first grade. Littlejohn out and Gutherson moved to 5/8. His replacement Ikavula went well with a great try saving tackle on the stroke of halftime, very talkative, barking out to his team mates. Harrison included to the run on team and played 80 minutes (pretty certain). Looking back, I would have put him at 5/8. He seemed to have a bit more polish about him and not much ball went his way in the first half. Spilled the ball a few times (in a row) but a couple looked like strips. Satini was stood up a couple of times by the CB fullback, resulting in a try. With 20 to go, Manly were still in the game but CB were in command. The forwards were holding there own today but as a team probably missed Littlejohn who I assume would have added a bit more direction. Iosefa handled the ball a lot, at times too much but there didn't seem to be any other options. Lost 32-10 (if I remember correctly)

eagle66 said:
Travelled down to Belmore to watch the reggies. Neither team great and neither team with players for the step up to first grade. Littlejohn out and Gutherson moved to 5/8. His replacement Ikavula went well with a great try saving tackle on the stroke of halftime, very talkative, barking out to his team mates. Harrison included to the run on team and played 80 minutes (pretty certain). Looking back, I would have put him at 5/8. He seemed to have a bit more polish about him and not much ball went his way in the first half. Spilled the ball a few times (in a row) but a couple looked like strips. Satini was stood up a couple of times by the CB fullback, resulting in a try. With 20 to go, Manly were still in the game but CB were in command. The forwards were holding there own today but as a team probably missed Littlejohn who I assume would have added a bit more direction. Iosefa handled the ball a lot, at times too much but there didn't seem to be any other options. Lost 32-10 (if I remember correctly)

Yes, you did remember correctly. The final score was as you said, 32-10 with the win to the dogs.

eagle66 said:
I bet dogsler was there to see who he can steal from us again

master blaster said:
eagle66 said:
I bet dogsler was there to see who he can steal from us again

I heard that Ligi Sao is on report.

The Holden Cup team lost as well 30/16. Souths were nothing outstanding and it was 10/10 at halftime. At the start the Manly five eighth decided to kick the ball out on the full ( good start ! )

The team used a brand new ball out of packaging and was extremely slippery, this would explain a lot of drop balls and it happened also in the 1sts game. They shouldn't play with a brand new ball for the game, instead use one that has been worn in a bit.

Manly Prop Leonati Feiloakitua did not play most of the game and then came on for about 10 mins , don't know why but he was missed.

The 20s play a similar game plan to the NSW Cup boys and I don't know why as both teams are not winning. Manly boys do not move up quickly in defence and do not mark up in defence

They do not slide in defence and a leaving a player short outwide as they are not moving across

As I keep saying, there are too many hogs in this team and they don't pass the ball enough outwide for the backs, especially near the try line, Manly second rower Parker must has glue on his hands as he will not pass the ball and its the same in every game as 2 more tries were waiting for Taylor to score right near the try line and Parker gets held up rather than doing a quick pass beforehand.

There is no direction on the field, no one taking charge.
These Manly halves are very ordinary. This is the area where we need Recruiting as we have no outstanding halves combination coming through.

The coach needs to address these problems as its continuously happening in every game, even last season.

The boys do not play as a team but for themselves. The coach should be telling the team, I want the ball given outwide and any boy who hogs the ball, and does not pass especially near the try line will be coming off end of story. !!
I don't understand as the coaching staff watch these DVDs of the games every week and you would think surely these problems would be fixed.

How is it that a club like Manly, with a tradition of great coaches and coaching styles, can get it so wrong at the lowers grades. There's some good players there, but the very effective coaching styles of Hasler and Toovey, and for that matter most coaches Manly have had since the 70s, seems to be so lacking in the lower grade sides in recent years. Isnt the same coaching philosophy used throughout the club?

Bearfax said:
How is it that a club like Manly, with a tradition of great coaches and coaching styles, can get it so wrong at the lowers grades. There's some good players there, but the very effective coaching styles of Hasler and Toovey, and for that matter most coaches Manly have had since the 70s, seems to be so lacking in the lower grade sides in recent years. Isnt the same coaching philosophy used throughout the club?
It is to an extent but we are so lucky in 1sts that we have good players in key positions and I think a lot of it falls back on Recruitment as well.
Don't get me wrong the coaches in the lower grades have no idea what they are doing, this includes Harold Matts and S G Ball. Just the basics aren't being performed.

It gives the impression that Manly Club is not interested, as they seem to just want to buy players, rather than focus on their Junior talent.

I have been told that Roosters are basically recruiting the best kids from wherever and paying them big dough. This is now policy. Dropped off spending in their own area. Recruited some class kids again this year.

I heard that Ligi Sao is on report.

[/quote]

Yes, Sao on report. A couple in the tackle. At the time, Manly were putting a bit into their tackles. Good tackle before this one by Harrison, then next tackle,as the CB player was going to ground Sao flipped him right over. Didn't look like much at the time as the whole thing was close to the ground.
Also Santana Palmer on report for a dangerous tackle. Lucky for Sao as he was in the tackle as well.

Darren said:
I have been told that Roosters are basically recruiting the best kids from wherever and paying them big dough. This is now policy. Dropped off spending in their own area. Recruited some class kids again this year.

Darren, they have been doing that for years mate. How else do you explain that they have contested six grand finals since 2000. Closest to that have been Manly and Melbourne, both with four grand final appearances. Not bad for a side with no juniors to speak of.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8