NSW Origin Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I read a quote by Tony Durkin after Gal's "2 heads" jibe at Qld the other day. He says Qld people shouldn't be too hard on Gal. His joke was far from original and he says "Lets face it...if NSW had more players like Gal, they would have won a lot more games". True.

With the pressure that will be on the Blue's halves tonight, it will be three fold for the forwards to try to dominate and give the new halves some room to move. It's a huge ask of the forward pack, but if I was Hodkinson or Reynolds (Heaven forbid lol) I would be kicking a lot to try and turn the Qld pack around all night.

Qld will be fired up and in full attack mode, so to be constantly turned around and have to retreat back into position may just frustrate them a little. Of course, NSW defence (in broken play) better be on song with the Qld back 3 returning the ball.

Nothing is impossible though. Throw everything at them and see what happens. I wish they would allow a couple of fights in SOO. Just for entertainment value, of course. lol

mozgrame said:
I wish they would allow a couple of fights in SOO. Just for entertainment value, of course. lol

and to see a couple of Storm players get the poo punched out of them...:D

Clint said:
mozgrame said:
I wish they would allow a couple of fights in SOO. Just for entertainment value, of course. lol

and to see a couple of Storm players get the poo punched out of them...:D

oops almost forgot... + Hodges

NSW will have a good chance of winning as long as Ricky Stuart does not turn up.
He did that last year in the second game and talked to the team and NSW lost.

Trouble there is @mozgrame Reynolds has zero kicking game.
Farrah does though, and could compliment Hodkinson there at least.

I reckon QLD will apply the blow-torch to that pair (Reynolds n Hodko) and that will have a huge bearing on the result.

If they can stay composed, even give as good as they get, we might have an edge through Hayne, Jennings and the Morris twins.

Or QLD will just grind out yet another win, more than likely.

RiverEagle said:

I reckon QLD will apply the blow-torch to that pair (Reynolds n Hodko) and that will have a huge bearing on the result.

If they can stay composed, even give as good as they get, we might have an edge through Hayne, Jennings and the Morris twins.

Or QLD will just grind out yet another win, more than likely.

It'll be good in any event! Just hope it's not a blow out score line. Unless it's in favour of the Blues :p

RiverEagle said:

Don't undersestimate Hayne's value as a long kicker either.

Hayne is a freak, if he stays on the field he will win it easy :) The burden of carrying Parra has been lifted from his shoulders.

Loved Farrah giving it to Cam in the paper today too :p

Hope that The Echidna doesn't let Cam open his mouth :idea:

StuBoot said:
RiverEagle said:

Don't undersestimate Hayne's value as a long kicker either.

Spot on Stuboot. There was a game we played them about 3 years back. We kept smashing them in their own 20 and 30 and they couldn't get out of their end, and then Hayne would belt the ball 70 and 80 m up field.

And he kicked a couple of absolute pearler 40/20s. The sort that are just drilled low and hard and unless the ball is coming straight to you, you have no chance stopping as a winger or fullback.

I think Hayne will stay alive as an option for kicker tonight.

The thing with Farrah is that he dominates the game as a playmaker from dummy half. That can be good and bad. When he's on, it's good. When he's not, it's awful, because he makes poor decisions and the halves never even get a chance. He tends to be very hit or miss, and even when he does something great I'm never 100% convinced it's intentional.
So he's the playmaker, for better or worse, and Hodkinson is the kicker (with Hayne as backup), but what does Reynolds bring to the team (besides the most punchable head in rugby league)? That's why I would have gone with a bigger body at number six - someone like Wade Graham.
Guess we'll wait and see…

I hate to say it but we're no match for the toads. Too much experience for us to counter. It's the filthy toads by 16 I reckon ;)

mickqld said:
I hate to say it but we're no match for the toads. Too much experience for us to counter. It's the filthy toads by 16 I reckon ;)

Love ya work Mick... GO NSW!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8