NSW pride and tradition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone in NSW actually care about the SOO as much as your average Qlder ? They have Meninga / Miles / Lewis / Langer handing out jumpers....we have Anthony Watmough's mum and Beau Scott's dad ?!?! That'll bring the crowds back.

Chip and Chase said:
Does anyone in NSW actually care about the SOO as much as your average Qlder ? They have Meninga / Miles / Lewis / Langer handing out jumpers....we have Anthony Watmough's mum and Beau Scott's dad ?!?! That'll bring the crowds back.

Queenslanders love origin. It means a lot more to them than it does to us in NSW.

Since living here, that is all they talk about when it comes to footy, a hell of a lot of them don't really have a club side, but when it comes to Origin they are fanatical

Origin was started for the queenslanders and is still mainly for them to feel good about something.

I like the good quality footy but couldnt really care that much about the result.

Its only total bogans like Duff and qlders when will cry the night away after a loss.

Most of them don't understand that attitude, i try to tell them I am not that bothered by the results and it's only really Manly results I care about.

They try to get in your face when you win, and are totally thrown off by the lax attitude to the fact NSW lost.

I figured I would show some NSW pride however on this site, at least for today

Jono said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Will agree he is doing some good things but the terms pride & tradition are nowhere near accurate as yet. Sad to say that it will take a while for NSW to reach levels that Qld have.

Umm, there is a ****load of pride in NSW and the tradition is just as big as QLD's here. The passion has been a bit missing but that doesn't mean we don't take pride in our colours or have tradition because we do.

What Sticky has done is built a plan, then chosen the players to that plan. That's something we have been missing in this team for a long time. The first game was about technique for the halves and passion for the team. This game is about racking up the points and getting a win. Next game will bring it all together and NSW will win the series.

It might be somewhat a case of definitions, but I believe that lack of passion stems from the pride & tradition aspect. Just for the record I am a Blue living in Qld and will still look forward to a Blues win.

Ralphie said:
Fonz said:
Ralphie said:
You're all entitled to your opinion, but bellamy won't ever win a thing. He will be found out as the imposter he is now that his club can't cheat.

Remember, this is the bloke whose club cheated massively and still lost 2 grand finals, one by a record score. This is the same bloke who lost three state of origin series. This is the same bloke that brought us illegal tactics such as the grapple, chicken wing, knees to the calf & the thigh. This is probably the only NRL coach that doesn't have any idea of what his salary cap position is...........pleeeeeeaaaaase don't try and defend this goose.

He's also got a team full of nuffies running second half way through the year. What do you have to say about that?

Like I said above you're entitled to your opinion, but using your logic Brian Smith is a great coach for getting to last years Grand Final.

Personally, I prefer to stick to the facts, that is, bellamy has won absolutely nothing. He hasn't even made a GF fairly as yet, that is an indisputable fact.

Let me ask you this, do you think Neil Henry is a great coach? He hasn't made a GF and hasn't won anything, but he has a Nth Qld team of nuffies in the top 4. The bottom line here is no matter how hard you try, you just can't help yourself from being influenced by 4 GF's in 4 years, but they just don't count!!!!!!!!!

Pearso said:
Fonz said:
Ralphie said:
You're all entitled to your opinion, but bellamy won't ever win a thing. He will be found out as the imposter he is now that his club can't cheat.

Remember, this is the bloke whose club cheated massively and still lost 2 grand finals, one by a record score. This is the same bloke who lost three state of origin series. This is the same bloke that brought us illegal tactics such as the grapple, chicken wing, knees to the calf & the thigh. This is probably the only NRL coach that doesn't have any idea of what his salary cap position is...........pleeeeeeaaaaase don't try and defend this goose.

He's also got a team full of nuffies running second half way through the year. What do you have to say about that?

So the so called spine of his team is Slater, Cronk and Smith. I would hardly call that a team of nuffies.

Ralphie, do you only rate coaches who have won something or does your dislike for Melbourne and what they did cloud your opinion of Bellamy?

Pearso, you've named 3 of 17 players there. What's your point?

Daniel said:
Most of them don't understand that attitude, i try to tell them I am not that bothered by the results and it's only really Manly results I care about.

They try to get in your face when you win, and are totally thrown off by the lax attitude to the fact NSW lost.

Spot on there Dan.

For NSW supporters you live & die by your club side, SoO is a sideshow for us. It's the opposite for Queensland.

I guess Queenslanders will just never get us, they don't have the local pride or NSW spirit that we do.

It's more about brains and inbreeding wolfpack

Fonz said:
Ralphie said:

You may have a point but I wouldn't say a team full of nuffies when you have Smith, Cronk and Slater in the team. Also we will see how they fair when they have to play something like 8 away games in the second half of the season. Will be a difficult ask.

Wolfpack said:
Daniel said:

Spot on there Dan.

For NSW supporters you live & die by your club side, SoO is a sideshow for us. It's the opposite for Queensland.

I guess Queenslanders will just never get us, they don't have the local pride or NSW spirit that we do.

Sounds like looser talk to me.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Wolfpack said:
Daniel said:

Spot on there Dan.

how do you feel about that statement this morning?

Yes my old mate CC......like most Queenslanders VERY quiet today!!

Not even one scarf or jersey sighted on the way to work today!!

well done to NSW, played well. gallen & the manly boys showed the way along with lewis & even pearce played well!

but i think we all know it will be short lived, enjoy this moment NSW

LOL at the commentators tho saying thats the best Qld could play, they played like poo IMO.
but still not taking away from NSW effort.

i also wanted to LOL@mini, but the lad went well

Qld played as well as they were allowed & NSW deserve credit for playing the entire 80 minutes. There was always gunna be a final try & the Blues changed the usual late trend -get out of the jail try from Qld & showed the killer instinct that has been missing. Toss the coin on game 3......

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yes my old mate CC......like most Queenslanders VERY quiet today!!

Not even one scarf or jersey sighted on the way to work today!!

Yes, the radio commentators up here in Hervey Bay were very quiet on the subject this morning :D

Fluffy said:
Origin was started for the queenslanders and is still mainly for them to feel good about something.

I like the good quality footy but couldnt really care that much about the result.

Its only total bogans like Duff and qlders when will cry the night away after a loss.

Ok, I'll bite.

It's not about SOO for me. It's about hating Qld. I know they're passionate about it so it upsets me to see the pieces of turd happy like they are after a win.

When a Queenslander cries, I smile. When a Queenslander smiles, I get offended.

It's not just about football.
I was happy when Julia stabbed Ruddy in the back too.

Daniel said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Wolfpack said:
Daniel said:

Spot on there Dan.

how do you feel about that statement this morning?

Really, really comfortable!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7