NSW Stadium Plans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My take on this

If we are forced to move for say 3-5 games @ SFS this would be my sticky points:

1/ Guranteed public transport ( direct bus line to the game and back to the northern beaches on game day).

At the moment direct transport to Moore park from the beaches is non existent or you have to take more than one mode of transport.

2) Gurantee from the club that our memberships we spend our hard earned money on will have included access to the SFS games in our packages as well as not restricting this to only Gold wing members.

3) Consideration to play one game @ ANZ stadium over the Easter weekend. None one yet has taken the Easter Saturday time slot at ANZ why not play say the roosters or say warriors as a yearly game out there.

Even some how do a deal with the Easter show to have a combined ticket to the show and the game.

4) Funding for brookvale oval upgrade .

Good post. I agree the public transport options are terrible to Moore park - surely a non stop bus from Brookie to SFS needs to be guaranteed. We already lose 2 games away from Brookie, so an additional game, whilst not great, isn't the end of the world - up to 4 though I hate the idea of...

Agreement to the stadium plan with the Sharks must come with some kind of guarantee for some funds to be thrown at Brookie, be it even a meagre 10-15m to at least increase the number of undercover seats.

Whilst I can walk to Brookie from home and would love all 12 games played there I think the compromise position is tenable and may guarantee a longer term future for the club playing on the northern beaches.

Sharing of Stadia to increase usage is fine to an extent.

So how do the Broncos get away with the kazillions spent on their home ground shared with no other NRL team? At a minimum there should be another NRL team in Brissy so there's an NRL game on that ground each week. Makes no sense for there not to be.

Same reason for our crowd on Monday as for the Cowboys 7000 last Thursday, **** timeslot for both clubs

The reasons for our small crowd on Monday were obvious (weather, time slot, previous poor form). But what dummy scheduled a Cows home game against a low drawing Sydney team on a Thursday night? A good portion of their home crowds actually come from outside of Townsville with some having anywhere up to 4 or 5 hours travel time each way. It was never going to draw a big crowd unless they were playing Brisbane or at worst the Gold Coast.

Sure there are factors like form and the weather for some low crowds. But personally I think that most of the problem is that Nein are the ones controlling the draw. They schedule games that will get television ratings but seemingly couldn't give a rats about bums on seats at the grounds.

Sharing of Stadia to increase usage is fine to an extent.

So how do the Broncos get away with the kazillions spent on their home ground shared with no other NRL team? At a minimum there should be another NRL team in Brissy so there's an NRL game on that ground each week. Makes no sense for there not to be.

No sport or competition can survive for long with the type institutional inequties being displayed by the NRL.

Some examples.
Bronco's home ground.
One team in Brisbane.
Play some teams once, others twice.
No Sunday arfo games/ all Monday night games at the whim of I don't know who..
Short turn arounds for some.
The debarcle of home game semi's. Good for some
TPA's Don't start me.

If I hear level playing field one more time I will throw up.

I dont mind 1 or 2 games at SFS as long as they are Sunday afternoon games . And Manly take home all the revenue. Manly have a very good record at SFS. If we did play at the SFS you would also hope the nrl wouldn't schedule the game against a team like souths or roosters for example who use that ground as THEIR home ground like we have to cop when playing first week of finals. Play canberra or warriors or Brisbane so at least we have a predominantly home crowd advantage

At least the LR will help if you're heading in via ferry or train. Hop on at the Quay, Wynyard, Town Hall or Central and head over to Moore Park.

Just a great shame they scrapped the tram network in the first place, including (of course) the Northern Beaches lines, back in September 1939 (a tragic month in world history).

The Government and the NRL have been in cahoots on this for years and Shane Richardson and Todd Greenburg have been the chief instigators from day one.

This is what Richardson said in April 2012 -
"South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson has called for all Sydney clubs to abandon their traditional home grounds for the city's two major stadiums
"Personally I think we need two stadiums, but I am comfortable with three," Richardson said. People say they love going to Leichhardt Oval, and while that's great for people who go to Leichhardt, we want new people to the game. They want to go to a stadium that is secure, where they have a seat, good toilet facilities, great public transport - that's how we get people coming to our game."

In September 2012 the NSW Government released their 'Stadia Strategy'
"On Friday 4 September the NSW Government announced Rebuilding the Major Stadia Network. This is the biggest investment in sport and major event infrastructure in NSW since the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
More than $1 billion will be invested in the stadia network over the next decade to deliver:
  • A new rectangular stadium at Parramatta with 30,000 seats
  • A new rectangular stadium at Moore Park with 50,000 to 55,000 seats
  • The redevelopment of Stadium Australia which may include a retractable roof
  • A new indoor arena near the CBD
  • A new outer Western Sydney sporting venue
  • The completion of the SCG upgrade."
One thing is certain, there is a lot of collusion and dirty deals going on behind the scenes that we are not being told about. Next Greenburg is going to remove all links between junior football clubs and NRL clubs in Sydney. This is in preparation of dumping two Sydney teams.

The people running our game have no idea what they are doing. They pretend to care about crown numbers while all their funding comes from TV deals. The media corporations paying the money think that the less people at games the better. Why else would you now be playing games five days a week including Thursdays and Mondays which nobody working in Sydney could get to unless they own their own a helicopter.

The NRL are hell bent on following the AFL model when they should be following the EPL model where just about every suburb has a 20000 seat stadium. League is tribal and its home is in Sydney. Every other code would give anything to have what Rugby league has which is the NSW and QLD markets. 20% of Australia's population live in Sydney and over 50% live in NSW and Qld.

There are only 400,000 people living in Parramatta and that includes the region around Homebush so two stadiums for 400,000 residents. There is close to 1million people living in Sydneys North. Manly is one of the most successful clubs in the league with massive support not only here but overseas. Brookvale should be a first class sporting stadium and if that doesn't happen Abbott and Baird should be thrown out on their asses. no excuses.

Last edited:
Covid19 has highlighted yet again what a stupid idea the stadium policy is, 4wks into the new season, playing a couple of games a week at the same stadiums and most grounds are looking pretty ropey, can only imagine how bad they are going to be by the end of the nrl season. That is not including the union and soccer games they wanted to include in their stupid plans

Last edited:
Well, Todd's Stadia Policy would be under pressure if he was still around. The stadiums in Qld can't accommodate so many games in a week.
And look at the record low crowds this week so far!

Well, Todd's Stadia Policy would be under pressure if he was still around. The stadiums in Qld can't accommodate so many games in a week.
And look at the record low crowds this week so far!
Yes I hope the guy that manages the suncorp playing field who came out this week saying the ground cannot cope with so many games being played on it every week copied stupid ayres on the memo. Always a flawed plan - stupid stupid idea

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6