NZ after Matai again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didn't ge re-sign just this year :huh:

He is a good Player and nice and tall.
Manly should go after him if Matai still wants to leave :)

c eagle said:
Don't the warriors already have a storm centre?

Nielsen is absolute rubbish, they are doing all they can to offload him but signed him on big money that nobody else will pay

strone33 said:
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/warriors-make-another-play-for-matai-14928/

How is this legal before November as he his contracted for next year?

The anti-tamper Nov 1 rule was a myth. The NRL finally admitted it recently.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-nrl-has-confirmed-the-player-market-is-now-a-freeforall-with-the-november-1-rule-abolished/story-fniabjcr-1227051887028

Kiwi Eagle said:
c eagle said:
Don't the warriors already have a storm centre?

Nielsen is absolute rubbish, they are doing all they can to offload him but signed him on big money that nobody else will pay

You'd think they'd be having second thoughts. Firstly, Nielsen looked just as good, if not better than O'Neill did when they were both at the Storm and O'Neill can't spend more than 2 games on the field before getting injured.

I'm always surprised when teams with massive junior bases go out and try and purchase just first grade standard players, not in key positions spots on their roster. Giving spots to their own juniors will pay off in the long term. They'll stay for less because they believe they'll get an opportunity, you sign average players the first thing that will happen is opposition clubs will speak to the talented young kids and say to them "look who your club just signed, they don't rate you, come to us and we'll give you a shot" its not often money that gets them to change clubs, its opportunities.

ando said:
Future is foz and DCE....simple really. That is the future

I agree 100%. DCE and Foz are priority 1 and 2. Not necessarily in that order.

We can lose Choc. We can even lose Skivvy. But these guys are young, talented and real footballers. We can build another decade of dominance around halves like this.

bob dylan said:
Manly sign SBW now before he goes to rugby, he be handy in 2017.

Wouldn't work. Gyng isn't our club boss so we'd have to pay him top dollar.

I have to agree with @KaZa in that there should be transfer fees for players breaking contracts to go to another club. That might actually make some think twice.

And to think, back in mid-1996 everyone was flabbergasted when the Donkey's held a press conference to announce they had signed The Mouth and trotted him out in one of their jumpers while he was still contracted to the Dragons.

I wouldn't swap matai for anyone but if we have to release him to the warriors we should insist on them giving us their u20s number 4. Just sailed over for his 3rd try in the 20s gf.

Shoe1 said:
I wouldn't swap matai for anyone but if we have to release him to the warriors we should insist on them giving us their u20s number 4. Just sailed over for his 3rd try in the 20s gf.
The funny thing is our 20s beat the Warriors convincingly , just imagine how well they would have gone under a Good Coach :mad:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4