Observations from Manly v Titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I journeyed up to Skilled Park to watch the match.

There was a 13K crowd and half of that was our fans, great turn up, good stadium.

They charged 37 bucks to see the game, I was gob smacked. No wonder the Titans fans stay away. Would love to have a stadium like that at Brooky.

The boys were slightly off their game. It was hot and humid and all the early defence had an impact especially after half time.

The great positive is that Manly stormed home and have that relentless hunger in them again.

Stevey Matai and Foran turned the game and when you look at it, we gifted them 8 points.

It was a tough game and the Titans will be a force this season, I left the ground feeling that we will really be right up there this season.

DCE will get better, hes still young and learninig. The guy to watch is Foram who is in great touch. We look potent down the left side in attack.

Defence is still really solid, one try conceded through good play from the Titans and the other from a bad error.

When we get Gift back will be a very dangerous team.

Tom Symonds will be the buy of the year for us, hes a great find and always good in defence and attack.

Tigpies will be a tough challenge, we have to avoid it being a game of touch footy, thats what they like, defence will win the game on Thursday night.

It was my first time to Skilled Park. Whilst it is impressive architecture, the toilets are clean, the TV screens large and clear, and the food and beverage stands expansive, the view from where I was (amongst the travelling supporters behind the tryline) was nowhere near as good as the view I get from the Brookie hill.
People keep wanting Brookie to change and, agreed, the facilities are antiquated, but for those who go to the match to get a good view, Brookie is about the best imo.
Let's not have Stadium-envy!

The Who said:
It was my first time to Skilled Park. Whilst it is impressive architecture, the toilets are clean, the TV screens large and clear, and the food and beverage stands expansive, the view from where I was (amongst the travelling supporters behind the tryline) was nowhere near as good as the view I get from the Brookie hill.
People keep wanting Brookie to change and, agreed, the facilities are antiquated, but for those who go to the match to get a good view, Brookie is about the best imo.
Let's not have Stadium-envy!

You're comparing apples with oranges, a seat behind the goalposts at ANY ground can't compare with the Brookie hill.
As mentioned in another post, if GA seats are $37.00, then that is expensive if they are behind the posts, if they're not just behind the posts then they are reasonable as you are guaranteed a seat,at Brookie a seat in the stand costs around $60

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
First time up there for me too. Rubbish ground. No vibe, no history. It is a bit more roomy than Gosford or Parra but i'd basically consider those two grounds as unacceptable to watch sport in.
Sitting down at the footy is for chumps.
Keep Brookie as it is thanks.

Even though we lost, it still would have been good if the boys came around to the away supporters bay to acknowledge and thank the local Manly fans and the Inter and intrastate Manly fans for making the trip to the Gold Coast to support them as there were certainly a lot of us there to warrant it.

Jethro said:
Even though we lost, it still would have been good if the boys came around to the away supporters bay to acknowledge and thank the local Manly fans and the Inter and intrastate Manly fans for making the trip to the Gold Coast to support them as there were certainly a lot of us there to warrant it.

I agree with you. It seems teams only acknowledge their fans when they win. I can understand it when a team gets pumped (like Newcastle two weeks ago) but fans would be happy to acknowledge their team if they put up a good effort. The effort against the 'Tightens' was wholehearted and worthy of praise.

no disrespect to the titans , but they didnt beat us WE lost that game..

bombed chances , gave them easy points , lyons kicking boots were off....

considering Glenn is still sidelined , players getting back from injuries im really impressed with the team over the first 4 rounds.. CONGRATS to the boys..

we havnt even hit our peak and we only allow average 7.5 points in defense..

hat off to toovey , after last years situation he has done a great job...

this team ( injuries kind ) top 4 no doubt...

keep watching our halves under Joey were going to a real force...

P.S - lets keep those dog trolls out of here next week...

i go for 2 teams
MIGHTY MANLY and anyone that plays those scumdogs !!!!

loved the grand final last year , felt i had a win !!!!

panash - I love that you post such great things about Manly, the best team ever seen in RL. But you were and always will be a doggie troll. The fact you stoop to denigrating your team so regularly is amusing. I don't use a rolled up newspaper like some but just don't poop on the carpet ok :D

ManlyBacker said:
panash - I love that you post such great things about Manly, the best team ever seen in RL. But you were and always will be a doggie troll. The fact you stoop to denigrating your team so regularly is amusing. I don't use a rolled up newspaper like some but just don't poop on the carpet ok :D

dude you have issues !!!!

how about you just worry about what supporter you are , and dont worry about other supporters... or try to predict which team they follow when you have no foundations in your comments.
im not abusive on this forum and enjoy reading/sharing comments with other decent manly supporters

how about you take a lesson from the likes of chip & chase, jethro etc . they know how to do their job properly !!

if im a troll , than your one sad uneducated human being thats big on words behind a keyboard !!!

i find it amusing how you follow me around on this forum , but unfortunately for you im spoken for !!! so the answer is NO !!!

Go the EAGLES , supporter since Phil Blake !!! ( do you even know who that is ??)

panash, I have followed your posts since you joined. Protest all you like but I know what you are. BTW I have been supporting Manly since the 60's so I do know who Blake is. Cheers.

ManlyBacker said:
panash, I have followed your posts since you joined. Protest all you like but I know what you are. BTW I have been supporting Manly since the 60's so I do know who Blake is. Cheers.

dont really care what you think !!!! but if you like to follow me around and become my number ONE fan , go ahead big guy !!!

happy easter

It's about time the tackle count was displayed on the big screen, first time I've seen it an an NRL game, if other clubs aren't already doing it they should.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10