OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think you are missing the point of my comment,no I am not reading anything into it,I wasn't suggesting they would leave(let me know where I did),but if they are unhappy,that shines through at training etc...
If they put their support behind Seibold quickly it will help a lot to unite the playing group,if they do nothing then it gives the media ammunition to try to undermine the playing group.
My comment was about the unity of the playing group,not whether the turbos leave.
Tommy and Jake are good people ,and even though they are paid like kings ,have the Manly clubs best interest at heart, I really can't see them leaving despite this cluster phuck.
They will get on with it and get everyone else on board. This also might be a chance to elevate Jake to at least a shared Captaincy role.
I hate seeing us eat our own like this .Fault on both sides i.e Des is stubborn as a mule and Penn is just a clueless rich kid mommy's boy.
We need a gun head trainer ,a front rower and a dynamic 9
Anyhoo go Siebs

Cosmo Kramer Seinfeld GIF
Seinfeld and our new assistants.
Im calling our coach Jerry from here on out ,with George and Kramer being given to whoever steps up to the plate.

I guess this was always going to happen when Seibold was annouced as assistant, better a clean cut now than a dead man walking Hasler next year impacting our season.

Hopefully it is a clean cut though and that Penn at least pulls his ego and pays Hasler his due. Otherwise can see this getting dragged out in the courts over Hasler payout.

Knowing Penn though, fat chance of that.

On a more important note, how's that petition going? :rofl:

Yep the petition was critical in getting to this result
A clean cut is the only option, the Hasler situation had gone beyond the point of no return, in hindsight bringing Hasler back was far from the best thing for the club and the supporters. 2023 would have been just more of the same with frustrations boiling over after each disinterested display, change was desperately needed and most on here would have to agree imo

I agree @eagleron The whole situation had become completely untenable for Des to continue as Manly Head Coach. It was impossible to imagine how Des could play a positive role for the future, with most of his power removed, and a new assistant coach (who he didn't want) taking his job the following year. That situation would have been disastrous. Yes a clean cut was the only solution, and over time I think we will be much better for it. Go Manly.

Last edited:
This comes across as you doing the bidding for Des. Des the control freak who runs everything didn't get informed of something so important by Bonasera? yep I'm not believing that hopefully Des does go to court and we see the truth.
I do agree it's hard to believe knowing what a micro manager Hasler is, I have great difficulty seeing that happening myself

Everywhere Des goes it gets messy. Maybe it is him and not Penn and Co.
Remind me of how many coaches and CEOs Penn has gone through since taking over. Trying to pin this all on Des is a bloody joke given Penn has just as much of a **** track record.

Reality its probably a combination of both Des and Penn's mess, but Des will at least always be a club legend having played and coached us to premierships.

Penn has added sweet **** all value to the club in my opinion.

On behalf of the Silvertails passionate Sea eagles

I would like to thank Des for his Legendary contribution to our Legendary club

Des's second coming did not bring us the anticipated success

And we now welcome the fresh change we all crave for

Good luck to our new coach and former NRL coach of the year Anthony Seibold

Every one deserves a fair go and we all hope he goes well

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14