Official - T-Rex a Bulldogs till 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MrInvisible said:
Cameron said:
MrInvisible said:
I'll cliffnote post on this.

It's already down on record that I'm surprised by this as I was honestly certain he would remain at Manly.

The Bulldogs offered him $200k MORE over the length of the entire contract $50k a season more.

Everyone needs to think about this though. Some people have really close knit families. They support family strongly. In the case of earning a large income, they will send money back to their extended famiy living overseas to help provide a better life for them as well.
In correct manly offered him 400k a season 3 years 1.2
The dogs he is on 600 a season 4 years 2.4mil

If you are gonna post here tell the truth don't lie.
I do understand that's new concept for your club and fan base.
As I said the numbers being tossed around by the media are incorrect.

Manly offered $400k, Bulldogs offered $450k a season. The extra money over 4 years swayed Tony, plus chance to work with Inu.

$50K get your hand off it Invisible, If it was that he wouldve stayed, and work with Inu ? what are they gonna practice their gang signs

the mauler said:
Mrs I and his mates were bagging Trex a few days ago on The Kennel now they love him.....

And for you to question our salary cap is just hilarious.. Have a look at your player list champ and do the sums. Brown paper bags at the Bought not Bred Bulldogs.
Rugby League is a business. The sooner people realise that, the sooner they can get over bred not bought tags.

how many locals do you have in you 25 ? 3, 4, 5

bulldoggy said:
the mauler said:
Mrs I and his mates were bagging Trex a few days ago on The Kennel now they love him.....

And for you to question our salary cap is just hilarious.. Have a look at your player list champ and do the sums. Brown paper bags at the Bought not Bred Bulldogs.

1 player bought and now we're labelled "bought not bred"? makes sense

19 of your top 25 made their debut at another nrl club.

Bought not bred

MrInvisible said:
Cameron said:
MrInvisible said:
I'll cliffnote post on this.

It's already down on record that I'm surprised by this as I was honestly certain he would remain at Manly.

The Bulldogs offered him $200k MORE over the length of the entire contract $50k a season more.

Everyone needs to think about this though. Some people have really close knit families. They support family strongly. In the case of earning a large income, they will send money back to their extended famiy living overseas to help provide a better life for them as well.
In correct manly offered him 400k a season 3 years 1.2
The dogs he is on 600 a season 4 years 2.4mil

If you are gonna post here tell the truth don't lie.
I do understand that's new concept for your club and fan base.
As I said the numbers being tossed around by the media are incorrect.

Manly offered $400k, Bulldogs offered $450k a season. The extra money over 4 years swayed Tony, plus chance to work with Inu.

the mauler said:

Rugby League is a business. The sooner people realise that, the sooner they can get over bred not bought tags.

You are full of it, if it was for those figures you state he would have stayed at manly it's that simple. Stop lying.

bulldoggy said:
the mauler said:

You mean you buy 17 first graders, a coach, a talent scout, 3/4 of the Manly coaching staff and they suddenly they label you "bought not bred"? That's rough.

MadMarcus said:
bulldoggy said:
the mauler said:

You mean you buy 17 first graders, a coach, a talent scout, 3/4 of the Manly coaching staff and they suddenly they label you "bought not bred"? That's rough.

This. PMSL

It seems that on every page of this thread the Bulldogs are being abused for having spent "overs" on T-Rex. Can someone please link me to proof of this 600k a season claim?

I'm kinda cross posting here because this answers a few things.

I've been right here calling Hasler long before the move as heading over the Spit Bridge.

Anyway I'm telling you Tony was accquired for nowhere near $600k a season by the Dogs.

Of course here is his management, feel free to call/email them and ask:
http://www.titanmanagement.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=73

Brookvale said:
apparently the shot that foxsports got of the mascot bulldogs beans was too good an offer for t-rex.
?? The only thing that shot proved is that Joel Monaghan is working as a cameraman for Fox Sports!

MrInvisible said:
I'm kinda cross posting here because this answers a few things.

I've been right here calling Hasler long before the move as heading over the Spit Bridge.

Anyway I'm telling you Tony was accquired for nowhere near $600k a season by the Dogs.

[/quote
Your kinda of cross???? Lol.....

Even if the management did say it was for a lot less than $600k, it proves nothing. Managers are usually in on the cap rorting that corrupt clubs like the dogs participate in.

MrInvisible said:

Of course here is his management, feel free to call/email them and ask:
http://www.titanmanagement.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=73

Why doesn't somebody just ask them for a copy of his contract and then we can post it up here? I can't see why they would refuse such a simple and reasonable request unless it was to cover up Dogs salary cap rorting....

bulldoggy said:
the mauler said:

Not knowing where the majority of your own teams players are signed from? makes sense

Ha ha. yep. I'll just email them and ask for a copy of a legal contract i've got no right to view. I'm sure they'll just hand it over.

Mr I can thrill at the idea that T-Rex will be slipping his players "the sausage in the sheds". Whatever he meant by that posting at the Kennel about Manly players I guess only he knows. I'm sure Mr I (for Innocent) was referring to a BBQ or something :)

bulldoggy said:
The Eagle said:
You know mods,you get banned on the kennel for trolling

Maybe there should be a zero tolerance on dogs supporters
who troll here

But manly fans who post on the kennel aren't called "wankers" after posting in a public thread. I haven't posted anything stupid, nor have I attempted to bait anyone to insult me, so please tell me how I am trolling? Some people's reactions on here have been a bit hostile, maybe you should read the post rather than insult me for no reason

How about the bit where you sign on to the forum, hot on the heels of the announcement of a Manly player leaving for the Dogs? What other reason are you here for?

Ryan said:
the mauler said:
Ryan said:
I have to admit, I'm filthy at him on various levels. He gave us crap football, injuries and suspensions for MOST of his time with us, then pisses off to the highest bidder.

I love Des Hasler, don't get me wrong, I think he's one of the top 3 league coaches in the game. But I don't think for a second that while Greenberg was conspiring via E-mail for Des to illegally break his contract, Des didn't realise he was going about his business signing contracts with a view-point of them joining The Dogs at a later point.

The Bulldogs have a track record of breaching the rules, laws and salary cap. There is more to this than meets the eye.

So Ryan, your telling me if you were offered 200K more a year in your given field ud knock it back?

Get a grip mate, the kids made the right decision for him and his family,as you would if you were in his position.

As for Des, he is fair game after what he did to the club IMO

Honestly, I think there is a whole lot more to it than that mate. Things to consider for mine (some more important than others):-

+ Demographic - do I want to live at Manly, or Belmore, because I sure as heck won't be travelling 4 hours a day;
+ People culture - What I mean by that is that at this stage of his life, he'll be around 27 odd at contracts end. Do I want my kids going to school in Bankstown, Lakemba and Aubun?;
+ Family - Family is very important. Maybe his parent live out west?
+ Career potential - who's going to provide you with the best opportunities to grow your career?
+ Mateship - Are my friends going to die in the trenches with me game day?
+ Post Football Potential - Club hoppers tend to struggle a lot more than loyal players in any said demographic using their "celebrity" to attain work once the career is done

Goes on, and on, and on.

I still think Tony Williams owes this club a lot more than he has given us. He gave us 1.5 years of the most frustrating slow, lethargic and lumbering play. We stuck with the big lump through those trials, and he ups and jumps ship, giving us nominal value return for our investment.

What pisses me off as well, is I still believe while he was maturing as a player, plodding along, we missed the opportunity to lock in guys like Rodney, Tasi and co, who were actually quite good from the get go (Tasi at Roosters).

Yep, I'm not happy about it. The club as a whole could have used the PR associated with him knocking back Des, but he has basically spit in the clubs face in my opinion by running to the bloke, who could have potentially burnt us, and many of our players careers with his greed, in Des.

In my opinion, the one saving grace for the oaf, was that he started finally repaying the years of frustration people had to deal with, with him, but no.....he's giving that the bird now.

David Perry said this: "We respect Tony's decision and we wish him all the best from 2013."

Sounds reasonable to me. He's a Manly premiership winner who is trying to help us get another in 2012.

Personally, I don't have time to waste feeling bitter and aggrieved about things, especially when I still have a great team to follow. However, to each his own.

SwornEagle said:
bulldoggy said:
the mauler said:

Not knowing where the majority of your own teams players are signed from? makes sense

Sorry maybe i should have been a bit more specific in my post. 1 player signed from manly and you resort to the "bought not bred" tag. It's rich that people on here are calling the bulldogs a bought not bred club when everyone knows that label originated at your club!

bulldoggy said:
SwornEagle said:
bulldoggy said:
the mauler said:

Sorry maybe i should have been a bit more specific in my post. 1 player signed from manly and you resort to the "bought not bred" tag. It's rich that people on here are calling the bulldogs a bought not bred club when everyone knows that label originated at your club!

Times change, as does Manly. The Bulldogs were stripped mountains of premiership points for cheating years ago, but that doesn't automatically mean you still cheat, does it? It's probably why we have been in a multitude of Grand Finals in the past 5 years, and you guys haven't (changing with the times - innovation).

You have such a strong junior talent pool, and next season, you'll have 2 juniors in your entire 17 in Barba / Kasiano. You need to leverage of those younger groups, as has Manly.

I'm sorry, but you need a little identity to be a top tier team like us. Regardless of who is bought / sold, your players are all about $$$ - and passion will always win over $$$.

Passion for the brand - and our playing group has that in bucket loads. They have bled together for years (some since they were all but teens).

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8