Old question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Alby

Reserve Grader
Alright so I’m rehashing something, which probably isn't a good idea, because – you know, we should all move on, and stuff. But I just feel it was a matter that was never cleared. Anyway, here goes...

Des Hasler.

Now, why didn’t he ever get a contract upgrade/salary increase with MWSE? Did the club not have enough cash to afford this? Did the club not realise, you need to spend money to make money?

Like when you win a premiership, you will profit – merchandise sales, memberships increases, etc?

Was it ‘cause he was an ###hole to work around? Was that a sufficient reason to sacrifice our chances of jagging another 1 or 2 more premierships with him?

I know he was a ####head, and an idiot trying to tear the club on his way out, but that was POST fallout with the club. Couldn't the board have just given ‘the baby their bottle’ so to speak, for the greater good of the club?

By not doing so, it seems like the bulldogs will snare a premiership way before we will.

One of the worst outcomes I could have imagined.

we did make it to the grand final after he left

Regardless. The current situation as it stands, is his currently coached team is more likely to win a premiership before ourselves. I would've preferred to keep our Manly magic inhouse for our own cabinets, rather than distribute it to rival teams - in particular the dogs.

If the dogs don't win it this year I think we will win another one before them in near future. Hasler no it would be like going back to your x wife.

Kinda hoping for a 'Cowboys' win this year. In fact, i'm not real fond of any of the Sydney teams in the top 8, apart from Panthers. Dog's might just miss out on the big dance this year, but i'd say they could get their 'lollies' next season. Hope not! We need the footy gods to remember their forgotten country!

I heard he wanted a club that would invest in his sports science patents. Aside from his salary.

If the dogs don't win it this year I think we will win another one before them in near future. Hasler no it would be like going back to your x wife.
totally absolutely unquestionably emphatically UNTHINKABLE.

or to put it in Phil Gould parlance : No No no No NO

:)
@Alby Yes let's not rehash it.

Be done to death a 1000 times!!

Next!!!
Agreed Mark. Just felt there were too many conflicting stories, never felt that the real truth ever came out. Suppose this rehash has been perpetuated by our current position.

Anyways hoping for a good win 2morow, and some momentum to keep us moving in the right direction.

The Scumdogs offered Des what the Manly board at the time were trying to take away from him. Total control over the football side of things.

However, despite making it to two GF's, zero premierships won for the money they are paying him isn't sitting well with some at Belmore and there are more than a few who wouldn't be all that upset to see the back of him.

Either way its a moot point. Right now Tooves is our coach and rugby leagues worst kept secret of 2015 is that Trent Barrett has already been signed to replace him from next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8