Oldfield to Roosters - this week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Blake said:
So if he was to be granted an immediate release, wouldnt that mean his opposition this weekend would be...Manly?

That woud be classic!!

But fair dinkum what a joke

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Be f**king crazy to let him go to the Chooks for the rest of this year, what the hell is wrong with these players

Yeah I can't work out why they are trying to do better for themselves.

Face it fans are loyal. Players have a career and livelihood to think about.

That i crzy mony for Lussick! (if true) Couldn't we give the Rosters Taufua instead?...crikey our outside backs depth is threa-thin bare now..

That's the Dogsler for you!!

He demands .....he gets

Gee it will be funny when they implode in a few years time, I can't wait!!

The dog has gone on a spending spree. He couldn't do it here because we weren't so cashed up. Over at doghouse he'll be signing up all sorts of players and in a year or two the same thing happening to us now will be happening there big time.

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:
Found out last night that Parra paid $450k for Darcy - Manly were sane enough not to match it .

Is that per season HM, or is it as BD says and is over 3? If its over 3 then surely we were in the ballpark, or are you taking the piss BD?

Would've been great to get Perret..the roosters are ****e letting him go.
And 185cm is 6'1. :rolleyes:

Why do clubs target our wingers? We've lost Hoppa Jnr, Robbo, now Whare and Oldfield. Leaves us very short with only one class winger, Wolfie.
Taufa is not a winger but could make a useful lock.
What are our wingers like in NSW Cup?

Clint said:
HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:
Found out last night that Parra paid $450k for Darcy - Manly were sane enough not to match it .

Is that per season HM, or is it as BD says and is over 3? If its over 3 then surely we were in the ballpark, or are you taking the piss BD?

Is that a serious question?

do you think he would go from never being a starter in his whole 20 game nrl career, to earning more money than any other player in the manly pack.

If the 450k is accurate it would be $150 a year.

Surely he wouldn't go to Parra for just $150,000 a season? He'd lose one-third of that in petrol and road tolls.
I'm sure we would have more than matched this figure.

bob dylan said:
Clint said:
HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:

Is that a serious question?

do you think he would go from never being a starter in his whole 20 game nrl career, to earning more money than any other player in the manly pack.

If the 450k is accurate it would be $150 a year.

absolutely BD. As The Who said, surely he didn't go for $150k per season. I would like to think an offer from us would at least match that, and Parra do have a history of paying ridiculous overs just to get players to go there.

Crusher_Cleal said:
That i crzy mony for Lussick! (if true) Couldn't we give the Rosters Taufua instead?...crikey our outside backs depth is threa-thin bare now..

Maybe you could befriend Lussick and he could buy you a vowel, and at least 1 consonant

Seriously rhino where have you heard it's a done deal? I'm only hearing of the link through you.

Whilst I haven't sighted the actual contract - Darcy is a $450k pa player according to Parra, a la Sandow valuation :huh:
So, it was a no brainer to bludge for 3 years and earn more money than he would have at Manly. He is playing much better, so hopefully he leaves as a Premiership winning Manly Junior :rolleyes:

The Son of Sam was so desperate to 'poach' a Manly Player, that he also paid overs at $600k for a player that only plays 40 minutes at best:p

According to the Manly Daily this morning, Oldie was told by Manly that he won't be offered a contract for 2013 - so we can still cheer him on this year without prejudice ;)

Hopefully we get Matty and Brett (just needs his legal bills to be cleared) locked in soon. :angel:

Wolfie may be trying to get a deal with his WolfBrother in the ESL though.:(

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4