Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
It's a movie script ...

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
.. Once the greatest Rugby League Club in the known world ... but after years of insular in-breeding, just a gympy shadow of former glory days .. a club in crisis .. and the only path open is to let in the barbarians at the gate ... and call upon 2 fallen heros ... former enemies ... and the offer of professional redemption as a reward for success.

Mestrov .. the gunslinger come to town ... not to make friends ... but to clean out the Brookvale corral ...

Seibold, the wonder kid, arrogant and proud .. the world at his feet .. brought crashing and burning back to Earth by an outraged pack of 2 headed white-ants .. plucked from the ignominy and obscurity of 2 years in the wilderness, and the shame of going to Rugby Union ... for his 1st and last chance of coaching redemption.

Flannagan ... Former premiership winning coach .. whose shady doings saw him fall afoul of the NRL ... barred from coaching for his part in the doping scandal .. he has been untouchable by all for 4 years ... until now ... a lifeline thrown ... and a promise made ... bring back our glory days ... and you will be redeemed cried Mestrov.

3 people with everything to gain ... and everything to lose ... get your popcorn, get your coke ... sit down and hold on ... this just might be the ride of your life.

Last edited:
It's a movie script ...

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles .. Once the greatest Rugby League Club in the known world ... but after years of insular in-breeding, just a gympy shadow of former glory days .. a club in crisis .. and the only path open is to let in the barbarians at the gate ... and call upon 2 fallen heros ... former enemies ... and the offer of professional redemption as a reward for success.

Mestrov .. the gunslinger come to town ... not to make friends ... but to clean out the Brookvale corral ...

Seibold, the wonder kid, arrogant and proud .. the world at his feet .. brought crashing and burning back to Earth by an outraged pack of 2 headed white-ants .. plucked from the ignominy and obscurity of 2 years in the wilderness, and the shame of going to Rugby Union ... for his 1st and last chance of coaching redemption.

Flannagan ... Former premiership winning coach .. whose shady doings saw him fall afoul of the NRL ... barred from coaching for his part in the doping scandal .. he has been untouchable by all for 4 years ... until now ... a lifeline thrown ... and a promise made ... bring back our glory days ... and you will be redeemed cried Mestrov.

3 people with everything to gain ... and everything to lose ... get your popcorn, get your coke ... sit down and hold on ... this just might be the ride of your life.
Liked the Seibold movie script, the two headed white ants must be Keevie's henchmen Renouf and Matterson...

My initial response to Seibolds appointment was that his intellect may again outweigh his ability to communicate.
Enter Shane Flannagan, a bloke's bloke who clearly broke all the rules in his attempt to be a winner. But, also a man that seems to be able to relate to footie players as a mate and a mentor. I know some here ( with good reason) are somewhat reticent to have him at our club and I can certainly understand their doubts. But after the last few years of going nowhere I want to have a little holiday from all the drama and buy into the dream that these two blokes (along with Mestrov) might just be the nucleus for the beginning of something big.

They are all under immense pressure , BUT I voted yes as I think a change up will be a really good thing for our team.

There’s no doubting both have the skills.

But does our disparate team have the Kahuna’s to get on board with it.

But Rome wasn’t built in a day so the expectation that we are going to have instant success needs to be shelved.

Just makes it harder to do a "Sack XXX" post as there will be a couple of weeks' discussion of who is to blame.

I look forward to the Seibs V Flanno supports fight

Still not sure on why we went with Flanagan as Seibolds main assistant. Yes I think they will be successful together, and the addition of Dymock could well be a masterstroke with the Pacifika boys.

The one thing I do expect is substantial changes in pretty much everything from last season i.e positional changes, fast tracked debuts, reduced incumbency, new attacking and defensive structures, fitter players etc etc

Things will not be boring for MWSE in season 2023, thats for sure.

You will know it .. if you see it .

For me it will be to become (at least spoken of as) contenders again within 2 years ..
Outside of winning a lot more than we lose. For me it will be going into each game thinking we are chance, enjoying the style of play and hopefully seeing the young blokes develop.

I just hated watching us play last season. Even the games we won I didn't want to watch again. I watch at least part of most games and I enjoyed watching other teams more.

Also, not needing lube mobile (as much).

I'll be honest, I would have preferred it to be the other way around with seibs assistant to flano, however I am looking forward to some new ideas/ structures been trialled....
Maybe like the cowboys with Payten, next year may be tough but hoping for great things in 2024

Outside of winning a lot more than we lose. For me it will be going into each game thinking we are chance, enjoying the style of play and hopefully seeing the young blokes develop.

I just hated watching us play last season. Even the games we won I didn't want to watch again. I watch at least part of most games and I enjoyed watching other teams more.

So its a reduction in lube mobile revenue on the peninsula that will be one of our indicators of success @Wombat64 ?

Yeah, everybody will have in their minds a different outcome that will be deemed a success ..

For some it will be nothing less than a premiership ... for others a top 4, 6 or 8 finish ... for others just an improvement in the quality of football ..

As I said, for me it will be to be considered as contenders ...

So Im guessing the Shawshank reference is to the fact Manly are crawling through a river of sh!t and will come out clean the other side. I see some other good movies to align our current situation to

The gunslinger reference makes me think of Clint Eastwood and the famous "get off my lawn"

The "wonder kid" is that a "The social network" type of reference, amazingly clever, ruthless and lacking the social skills to adapt to life in the real world

Flanagan - he is a cross of Transpotting and Pulp Fiction

Yeah, everybody will have in their minds a different outcome that will be deemed a success ..

For some it will be nothing less than a premiership ... for others a top 4, 6 or 8 finish ... for others just an improvement in the quality of football ..

As I said, for me it will be to be considered as contenders ...
For me it will be both @Woodsie
1. Improvement in the quality of football
2. Being considered as contenders in 2023

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4