Optimistic for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
I've had 48hrs to cool off after Saturday night and now have a surprisingly optimistic outlook on 2021. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel haha. I mean, looking forward at what I think our 2021 top 17 is (assuming injury and church dance free) it's a good team to build with:

1. T. Trbojevic
2. M. Harper
3. M. Suli
4. D. Walker
5. T. Funa
6. J. Schuster
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. A. Fonua-Blake
9. M. Fainu
10. M. Taupau
11. J. Gosiewski
12. C. Sironen
13. J. Trbojevic

14. C. Cust
15. T. Paseka
16. S. Keppie
17. H. Olakau'atu

I could see guys like Saddler come through next year possibly and maybe even Ben Turbo if injuries hit hard again. A. Hopoate would be the replacement backline player as can slot on anywhere in the outside backs. Also give him a bit to develop with the team (assuming he is resigned).

The only change to the above I'd push hard for but know won't happen is swapping Tom and Funa as I feel the extra game miles is having a negative effect on Tom's fragile hammy.

Finally, depending on what Hoppa wants moneywise will dictate if he is on the replacement outside back or we need to fine someone new / slot in Miski

I'm excited by the names above and the youth coming through. Times are hard right now, but the future seems bright right now.

Last edited:
The problem remains at how we fix our problem at 9 as even if Fainu is found not guilty we would not see him available to play till at least round 18 of next year.

This is the serious gap we need to fill. I think we have enough potential to be a good side but the lack of a quality hooking option will again make it hard for us to get into the 8.

Yes need a new 9.. croker and levi.... i need the puking emoji
FCFF16E2-6FCA-45A3-BDBA-C7B5D814AA5F.jpeg

Yeah all in all the future is still bright atm

A few pieces needed and recruitment will need to be clever but I think we have a great core

Probably a couple of season off making an impact on the 8 i'd say. Realistically anyone can make the 8 any year but to be a player is another story.

Our roster is in poor shape at the moment. But we have the potential to turn it around quickly if Schuster, Harper, Funa, Hoppa, Turbo Jnr and Anderson all make the grade and stay with us.

I think we have a good few players playing regular first grade that should only ever be back ups/reserve graders. Problem is once they have 50-60 games under their belt they start commanding $300k-$350K, about $100k over their true value.

I believe our 28 man squad for next season will look just like this years 30 man squad without Thompson and probably Elliott.

Breaks my heart that two of our most promising hookers, Verrils and now Freddy Lussick, are now playing for the Roosters. We got lucky when Manase was converted from a half in the 20s, but we've let a few others go over the years. Even Joey Lussick - who's still only 24 - looked likely in the limited opportunities he got here.

We won't be in a position to go on a spending spree. Luckily, with the talent coming through, I don't think we need to. As mentioned, the one position we do need to sort out is 9 (and 14) as Fainu is out until at least July. Personally, I'd have a crack at bringing Matt Parcell back from the UK. Off contract next year, has NRL experience and is still only 27. Then, I'd like to see Cust or ZDC backing him up at 14. If we can't get Parcell (and no other obvious replacement becomes available, I'd be willing to give ZDC the starting role until Fainu (hopefully) is available mid season.

Another possibility is they get rid of the no-fault standown rule.
If DeBellend is cleared and sues the NRL that is a possibility.
Otherwise yes we need a 9.
thats what I would like to see,along with the re tooling of the bunker and the unhiring of all the brothers Sutton and then hopefully that completely closes the book on Greenturds crooked reign and gives us back the 9 we so badly need and frankly deserve.!!

We won't be in a position to go on a spending spree. Luckily, with the talent coming through, I don't think we need to. As mentioned, the one position we do need to sort out is 9 (and 14) as Fainu is out until at least July. Personally, I'd have a crack at bringing Matt Parcell back from the UK. Off contract next year, has NRL experience and is still only 27. Then, I'd like to see Cust or ZDC backing him up at 14. If we can't get Parcell (and no other obvious replacement becomes available, I'd be willing to give ZDC the starting role until Fainu (hopefully) is available mid season.
After the way Parcell was treated here, I’m not sure he would want to return.

Breaks my heart that two of our most promising hookers, Verrils and now Freddy Lussick, are now playing for the Roosters. We got lucky when Manase was converted from a half in the 20s, but we've let a few others go over the years. Even Joey Lussick - who's still only 24 - looked likely in the limited opportunities he got here.
Can I ask is Friend playing on next year and if so given they also have Radley what are they going to do with both Lussick and Verrils in 2021 who would be playing 1st grade every week for 10 or so other clubs ?

Joey is playing well in sl

After the way Parcell was treated here, I’m not sure he would want to return.
Seems to be a recurring theme, unfortunately.

As Kez says above, Joey Lussick has been playing well in the SL. There were whispers when Fainu's troubles blew up that we might try to get him back. But would he want to come back?

1 Trbojevic
2 Johnston
3 Funa
4 Staggs
5 Saab
6 Schuster
7 Dce
9 Clark

This for 21 would have me buying binoculars i would be that excited lol

Thommo / Elliott gonski anyway

Waddell probably gone.

Maybe we keep Walker and he goes to centre but if we are looking at improving I'd potentially offload Walker / Waddell and replace with Johnson / plus a hooker (there's enough around now playing second fiddle so surely we can jag one)

The rest from what we have

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10