Orford linked to Parra?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree that the ox was a great player and if we still had him a few more results this year would have been in our favour... The only thing I will mention is his ability to be flustered and play too laterally when pressured, much as the team did this year... I think if Parra do sign him it will be positive for them but I think they have lost too many players already this year already and the problems they have from the board level down will take some years to produce a team that will compete for the title...

Fro link said:
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=185448.msg297032#msg297032 date=1285201838]
I am so sick of people  bashing Orford, if you think he had nothing to do with our success over hte past couple of years you must be blind and or have no idea about football.

He should go down as one of the clubs legends in my opinion.

Contributory: Yes
Value for Money: Hell No

Club Legend: i'll give you an applaud for one of the funniest jokes I have heard in a long while.
[/quote]

You calling yourself a supporter and bashing our Daily M Player of the year/Captain/GF winning halfback is the funniest joke ever

BTW wasnt it great not having him??? Ever wonder if he didnt get pushed out by Lowe's inadequacy that we'd still be there?

How great was Hodkinson,he was the Chris Bailey of halfbacks

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Agree james, whilst frustrating at times Oxy won us many games...and you only have to look at the Youtube on \"we need this man\" to see some of how he set up many of the try's for Snakie...he'd be a great addition for any club wanting to mentor a younger player.
Ralphie link said:
Matt Orford was a champion player when he was with us. His kickoff, drop outs, touch kicks and goal kicks were rubbish. His grubbers were usually very good. He shouldn't have been taking the other kicks when we had Jamie Lyon and others more capable.

That he was taking those kicks is not his fault, he was doing what he was asked to do and doing it to the best of his ability.

I have always said that if Orford was kept away from all kicking except for grubbers, he was an excellent player.
That's my Avatar,

Ox was a liability in his last season. I'd love to see him at Parra.
We'd flog em.

Dr Bogonov link said:
[quote author=EagleAngel1986 link=topic=185448.msg297059#msg297059 date=1285207111]

But what did he do in 2009??

If memory serves, leading our team to a fairly commendable 5th place without our star fullback for most of the year. Plus with reasonable momentum heading into the finals, only to be denied by an unstoppable Storm side, and a choking dragons.
[/quote]sorry i made a mistake i said 2 seasons i meant 1 but come on , matai was doing our kicks in that semi not him, he was useless,  he pissed me off no end i knw what he done & what his potenial is but its far & few between really..lol  unstoppable if you  dont make em guess it  isnt unstoppable its a walk over..

Volley link said:
I hope you're under 8 years of age jjai. That post is wack.

His hearts all there but his spelling isnt,who cares why grammar police people? does it make you feel intellectual?

I really really hope they sign him. I was scared for a minute that he might end up back with us.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Si link=topic=185448.msg297309#msg297309 date=1285248368]
I really really hope they sign him. I was scared for a minute that he might end up back with us.

scared of another 40-0 and daily M medalist?
[/quote]

LOL +1

Shane link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=185448.msg297535#msg297535 date=1285304595]
Good luck Oxy, you did us proud and if you want another year at the NRL level then go for it.

Well said
[/quote]

Agreed... all the best for 2011 Ox, but those chronic injuries won't be getting any better nor the drop kicks any longer

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2