Orford new contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The way other halves are leaving (see other thread) he'll have the wood over the retention committee. 

Meanwhile, two of the game's most influential players, Manly's skipper Matt Orford and Brisbane counterpart Darren Lockyer, are yet to re-sign for 2010 - and will not have an official income as of the end of the month.

But their manager George Mimis said while it would have been nice to have his stars' future sorted, there was no cause for concern.

However, Mimis did say Orford's negotiations had been made tough given the fact the Sea Eagles have no CEO. "That has definitely put things back a lot," Mimis said.

"We have been dealing with the club's financial controller, but he's away at the moment." comes back and we'll get together with him on October 19.

"'Locky' will also be OK and it's just a matter of crossing the eyes and dotting the tees. I'm hoping to meet with Brisbane next Wednesday."

^^That's a bit from an article in the Telegraph, in case anyone was wondering.  Main story was our old friend Robson getting a new 2 yr deal.

I think that Robson now getting new 2 year deal with Parra will ensure that they are no longer interested in Hodkinson. 

clontaago link said:
However, Mimis did say Orford's negotiations had been made tough given the fact the Sea Eagles have no CEO. \"That has definitely put things back a lot,\" Mimis said.

\"We have been dealing with the club's financial controller, but he's away at the moment.\" comes back and we'll get together with him on October 19.

How many other players have we lost or missed out on because of this??

Yeah from the Tele boys. I had already posted about Robson in another thread and was running late so just cut and pasted that bit about Orford.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=181819.msg244135#msg244135 date=1255035332]
However, Mimis did say Orford's negotiations had been made tough given the fact the Sea Eagles have no CEO. \"That has definitely put things back a lot,\" Mimis said.

\"We have been dealing with the club's financial controller, but he's away at the moment.\" comes back and we'll get together with him on October 19.

How many other players have we lost or missed out on because of this??
[/quote]

Exactly Wheel. At this rate it will go on longer than the Cassini probe to Saturn.

I thought that i read somewhere recently that negotiation of player contracts was now being handled by Des and scott Penn until a new CEO is recruited.

With a bit of luck Manly are using the no CEO as a stalling tactic until they can sign someone better

Hmmmm....how many people really believe that the Coach, the Sea Eagles board and the Chairman would leave contract negotiations to re-sign the club captain to the Financial Controller and would allow them to stall whilst he was on holidays...?

vidmar link said:
Hmmmm....how many people really believe that the Coach, the Sea Eagles board and the Chairman would leave contract negotiations to re-sign the club captain to the Financial Controller and would allow them to stall whilst he was on holidays...?

So do you think Mimis was misquoted or his statement misleading ?

Hhmmm how many people who would have thought our successful CEO would have been shafted in the middle of the year when we are attempting back to back premierships, leaving the club without a CEO for the rest of the year Vid.

Thurston is off contract at the end of next season. I wonder if thats what the club is saving up for.

he'll be given half of Townsville to stay there. and his missus is sponsorship manager (or something like that) he won't be going anywhere.

Well let's just hope the reluctance to re-sign Orford is coming from our side, and he sees the light, and moves on.  Surely someone has the balls to say no to the little man.

Could be wrong but I think our club in its infinite wisdom has some history in the area of signing players and then announcing it publicly six months later. There may well be good reasons for the timing of significant signing announcements, maximising coverage etc, for some reason I had assumed Ox was signed some time ago.

Canteen Worker link said:
We are still waiting for the announcement of Orford being signed in 2005. At that rate, we will find out in April 2012!

At that rate, we may never find out he was even here in the first place, let alone, find out when he leaves.

DSM will tell us it was all just a bad dream.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=181819.msg244151#msg244151 date=1255053543]

So do you think Mimis was misquoted or his statement misleading ?
[/quote]

I would just say that the Telegraph was misleading, even if they thought that they were printing the truth.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8