Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you think that Orford should be re-signed by Manly?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters
manlyborn link said:
Feel free to shoot me down because i know he's been trouble but i would take Tim Smith up on his \"play for any club for 50k offer) and use the trials to let him and Hodkinson fight it out for the vacant no7.
That way we have cheaply covered out arses and would be approx 350k in front.

I agree 50K for t.smith in a heart beat as we need a new half for the SCSE after we move TH to first grade - it'll take him some time but we need to rebuild

I think his all round game is pretty solid e-p with plenty of room for improvement. In saying that I'm not blind to his past indiscretion's.
I read a pretty good article on him a few weeks ago and my gut instinct says that he's pretty genuine about turning things around.

Tim Smith doesn't seem to me to fit our culture.  To many problems when we have a couple of guys who will step up.  What's the message here?

I know this is a huge BUT, but what happens if we actually get to play next week, then end up going back to back?

What would people think of Ox then?

Ryan link said:
I know this is a huge BUT, but what happens if we actually get to play next week, then end up going back to back?

ahhh Milli Vanilli effect.... well even if that did happen it would only be a matter of time before he got found out.

Ryan link said:

I'd still have an eye on the future and suggest one more year and no more.

Injuries are no excuse. You're either injured and not playing, or your well enough to play and are marked accordingly.

One year maybe, or do we have a young blokes that's good enough?

Ads, your last comment, I typed my new post and posted, thought I'd check on Orford bit, and your questions are there, hope my stuff raises questions, gives some answers

DSM5 link said:
Tim Smith doesn't seem to me to fit our culture.   To many problems when we have a couple of guys who will step up.  What's the message here?
I agree it's a gamble DSM. But with Kiwi saying that it's a risk to let Orford go without having a proven back up, my thoughts were for the 50k that Smith said he was willing to start on, that maybe he was a viable option.
I do believe he does have the skill to make a contribution, but I'm also aware that we have to keep our noses very clean off the field.
Guess i just considered it a cheap enough gamble to be worth the risk.

Why not go for Hodgkinson?  We have potentially two up and comers, Hodgo and the U20s guy.  Play Hodgkinson and T-Rex at 5/8 against the Bongos.  They have some sort of combination going, and it would be the stepping stone people on this site want.  Couldn't hurt imo.  For next season swap Ox and Kite for Burgess.

Dsm Williams is not a good 5/8 he would be carved up at nrl level

I think we will be much more stronger in 2010, may even make the current crop of players even hungrier to succeed next year.

The No. 7 has been a problem for awhile for us. We used to have Brett Kimmorley and he didn't really offer us much back then but now at 32 is going extremely well for the scum dogs.

It’s all too easy to blame Orford for the year we have had but if you put it in perspective he hasn't been alone, there are 12 other players out on the field at the one time.

If Orford can get his injuries sorted out for next season we might get another one or two more than useful years out of him but would be seriously looking at having someone as his understudy ready to take on the role on a full time basis after that.

Given all the emotions flying about right now it’s all too easy to lay blame on one or two individuals and to lose sight of the bigger picture and how if we finished in the top 3 we wouldn’t have had this problem today.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6