• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Requesting a release is not breaking a contract.

He signed a 3 year contract and unless he plays the whole 3 years then he is breaking the contract.  It doesn't matter if he is asking for a release or not.

Funny how if a club wants to get rid of a player they still have to play his remaining contract money unless they can convince another club to pay some or all of the remaining contract.

Why can't clubs just sack a player without compensation because he is playing ****?  It happens in the real world unless of course you are a CEO of a public company then you get rewarded with millions of dollars for beign sacked for being useless.

Are football players really the equal of CEO's of public companies? 

Right, so on your logic Manly has broken its contract with Bailey.
What is a contract except an agreement that is legally binding? Since when are the parties to any agreement forbidden to renegotiate? It is a commonplace, it happens all the time. If Ox simply told the Bulls he wasn't going back then that would be breaking a contract.

As to your CEO argument - yes it is obvious that players are the equal of CEO's. Very astute observation lol.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
MB why was it Ox's fault that his negotiations with us took all year? Personally I'd assume the club is the one that can set whatever timetable it wants for player negotiations. For example, 'take it or leave it'.

And Rusty, what is your source for the stories you are spreading about Ox seeking his 3rd contract release? (I was under the impression he completed his contracts at Storm and Manly.)

Sorry, I was under the impression that when he came here he still had one year on his contract and I thought we released him to Bradford. If I am wrong on either count please accept my apology. And the more I think of it, the less sure I am that he still had a year on contract here, perhaps I was confused because he was negotiating for so long.

What's to say it wasn't it wasn't a mutually acceptable arrangement in the fact he had a very heavily back ended deal with us & could get the same or better $$ in the ESL, it cleared up some salary cap issues for us and gets him the same or better $$ in the UK.
Now with a dearth of good halfbacks around he can come back home & ply his trade at a premium salary.
Really, he had one year to go with us BUT had already delivered a Premiership. I can't see the Raiders or Parra doing the lap of honour in the next 3 years, so good luck to him.

The Boot link said:
What's to say it wasn't it wasn't a mutually acceptable arrangement in the fact he had a very heavily back ended deal with us & could get the same or better $$ in the ESL, it cleared up some salary cap issues for us and gets him the same or better $$ in the UK.
Now with a dearth of good halfbacks around he can come back home & ply his trade at a premium salary.
Really, he had one year to go with us BUT had already delivered a Premiership. I can't see the Raiders or Parra doing the lap of honour in the next 3 years, so good luck to him.

Did he really have one year to go with us? I thought he signed a 4 year deal to play with us in 2006, 07, 08 and 09.

I really don't care either way but I am slightly intrigued where these stories besmirching his name originate. Why the Ox-hate?

Fair enough he left and we are entitled to be disappointed to lose a premiership winning captain but on the other hand half of the people here wanted him to leave anyway.

IN 06  wasnt witt & mona`s our halves??  im with rusty i swear he had a yr to go but got a release from us ...

Post  automatically merged: [time]1288488632[/time]

I really don't care either way but I am slightly intrigued where these stories besmirching his name originate. Why the Ox-hate?
  .. well im still pissed of with him for that semi against melb when he did fuk all  thats my last memory of the bloke,,  matai doin the kicks on the last  in a semi final..

He did not have a year left, he signed a 4 year deal from 2006 to 2009.  He was in negotiations for 2010 and looked like staying on at a much reduced rate however he then got a offer in the UK and took that.  He never was signed on for 2010. 

thanks garts theres my answer,,  so he was ere in 06, funny i dont remember him, maybe because mona`s  initiated most of our attack .. lol.

Good memory jjai - he played every game and was top point scorer! :) SER8 & Garts are right with the details of his contract, 4 years '06-'09.

Bradford Bulls sign Raiders halfback Marc Herbert

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...rd/9138139.stm

Matt Orford close to signing with Parramatta

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/n...-1225945311075

ManlyBacker link said:
Good memory jjai - he played every game and was top point scorer! :) SER8 & Garts are right with the details of his contract, 4 years '06-'09.
LOL BACKER....;D  its been better..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4