Origin squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
State of Origin 2016: Why the Blues chose Dylan Walker
MAY 23, 20166:44PM

PHIL Duke, Rex Wright, Jamie Buhrer ... and Dylan Walker.

The Manly star joined the list of NSW bolters who have left fans stunned with their selections.

It has been an amazing rise for Walker, who last year lay in hospital near death after an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

Many linked Walker’s selection to Manly legend Bob Fulton, NSW’s chief adviser.

The truth is that NSW coach Laurie Daley was the one who wanted Walker — a selection Fulton supported.

Asked whether he thought he was a chance of selection, Walker told The Daily Telegraph: “You always prepare — I try and give myself a chance every time. I always have a positive mind set and to back my own ability. That’s the way I was brought up, to stay positive and be happy. My way into Origin was to try and play some good footy. I thought it did (come out of the blue) but I’m not going to shy away.

“I have been lucky enough to be surrounded by some great players. The likes of Greg Inglis and Sam Burgess at the Rabbitohs. Australia as well with Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk. I have been blessed to be around such great players and to learn off them. This week will be another learning curve for me. I will do my best. I’m pretty excited, I can’t wait to play.

“That is behind me (the drugs dramas), it has been a big leap forward since then. I am just really enjoying my life at the moment.”

Social media went into meltdown following Walker’s selection. Many felt Blake Austin, Josh Reynolds or Jack Bird would be better utility options.

Walker admitted his form hadn’t been the best.

“There have been moments where I have been happy. The other night (against Cronulla) was a step in the right direction for myself but there is still a lot to keep working on,” he said. “I am really comfortable at Manly, everyone is so close together. But the only thing making it hard is so many new faces and a whole new coaching staff. That is the difficult part, trying to gel but we have belief in our own systems.”

Daley offered solid reasons why Walker was selected on his side’s bench.

“Dylan is a footballer. He adds a touch of class to the team, he has brilliant speed and plays on the ball. I’m sure tired forwards wouldn’t like to see the likes of Dylan Walker popping up in the middle of the park when he’s fresh,” Daley said.

“He will bring something different to the team, he brings plenty of speed, he’s a good utility, he can play any position in the backline. If we get an injury, he can fill in at dummy half. That’s the type of player we were looking for. He will do an exceptional job. Dylan will enjoy the challenge of being in this environment. People forget Dylan is only 21. He has won a grand final and played for Australia.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/or...r/news-story/6cf13e6ec779572f28a4a03c5b21c0eb

QLD MAROONS TEAM

1. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos — 23)

2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos — 0)

3. Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs — 27)

4. Justin O’Neill (North Queensland Cowboys — 0)

5. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights — 1)

6. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys — 33)

7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm — 15)

8. Matt Scott (North Queensland Cowboys — 19)

9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm — 36)

10. Nate Myles (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles — 29)

11. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters — 6)

12. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos — 12)

13. Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos — 14)

14. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys — 3)

15. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos — 25)

16. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders — 4)

17. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos — 2)

Sailor, who featured in 17 games for the Maroons, had earlier called for new coach Kevin Walters to stick with Myles and Gagai.

Myles’ form has been shaky this season as the 30-year-old struggles to find the form that saw him become a lynchpin in the state side.

Even Myles’ own grandfather told him he needed to sharpen his act if he was to play out the Origin series this year.

“I am not going to put my hand up and expect a jersey,” Myles told The Courier-Mail earlier this month.

“It has never been laid on the table for me. It has to be earned and it always has been with Queensland.

“With a new coach everyone has to make sure they are playing their best. I have a sh**load of room to improve.

“I spoke to my granddad two days ago and he told me I won’t be in this Queensland side because of the way I’m playing. It is always good to get that honesty from him.’’

Sailor, however, seemed to think the Manly forward had done enough for Queensland in series previous to warrant his selection.

Tallis held a similar opinion to Sailor, arguing that Myles’ history in the jersey should be enough to allow him to keep his spot.

“In 25 or 28 games for Queensland, he’s never played bad for that jersey,” the former Queensland skipper told Fox Sport’s NRL Tonight.

“You don’t own the jerseys. He’s come out and every time he’s played, he’s played fantastic.

“He’s probably another guy that’s not in the form, he’d be the first to admit that, and I think that he has.

“But until he plays bad in that jersey and he can’t cut it at that level, I think he deserves to keep his jersey.”

Sailor also backed young-gun Gagai to make his second appearance for his state, despite the dismal form of club side Newcastle.

Gagai has regularly been a shining light for the Knights at fullback — one of only a few players managing to hold onto their own personal form in spite of the team having won just one game all season.

Laurie Daley announced his Blues side yesterday, with five debutants — Dylan Walker, Adam Reynolds, Matt Moylan, Josh Mansour and Tyson Frizell — expected to be in the final 17 that runs out against Queensland next week.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/qu...t/news-story/4e15cb72f0ff0265a87b1124388d2c11

Did you happen to see the "ship" the NSW players went cruising on last night in Sydney Harbour.
reported as owned by John Elias...Fark me his only claim to fame was captain/coach of Lebanon. Must of paid well that gig......or is he just a good punter!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4