Origin - Your Thoughts?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What do we do with State of Origin?

• Leave it as it is

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Stand Alone Series - End of NRL Season

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Stand Alone Series - Mid Season

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Scrap State of Origin all together

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Other (Discuss)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We have to much fire power in the fwds and the centres, the Blues should win this in a cantor...but then again I said this last year..mmm.

I feel like I have spent most of my life being disappointed by the Blues so it is hard to care very much. I just hope no Manly players get hurt! I would prefer it was played after the season ends so clubs don't get weakened so much.

After witnessing a mistake riddled football game today, it will be refreshing to watch a high quality game on Wednesday night.

The lack of direction our backs showed in this match highlighted just how important DCE is to this team. Surely even Silvertails' most ill-informed DCE critics must now reconsider their opinions.

The lack of direction our backs showed in this match highlighted just how important DCE is to this team. Surely even Silvertails' most ill-informed DCE critics must now reconsider their opinions.
I agree we missed cherry. He has a lot of strong points. But the question really is did we miss a 1.2 million cherry more than we might’ve missed a 700 000 halfback given the increased quality in other positions we could then afford.

Hypothetical, and impossible to answer; but still a worthwhile thing to ponder

I think we would have won comfortably today if DCE had played. I can't remember a more inept display by a Sea Eagles no. 7.

Ive always been an end of season person , just too much disruption in the middle of the year.

And just one game , in QLD one year , in NSW the next.

And honestly , you may not want to hear it but Origin is largely about Queenslanders going feral for 3 nights of the year , and most don’t give a **** about footy for the other 362 days of the year.

At our annual caravan do ( yes in QLD) last night we had about 150 watching the game ,( the attendees come from all over Australia ) there was about 80% supporting QLD, yes even the ones from WA, SA, VIC. got sucked in.

They all dress up , wear their gear proudly , swear , cheer , stick it up the Blues in attendance and then go back to normality not giving a **** about the game week in week out.

It’s great theatre , they show great passion and they are all into it , yep “ feral city “ for 3 nights.

And it shows in their players as well , it turns average players into superstars ( for the night ).

I don’t think I’ve ever seen , or ever will that level of “ feralness “ in Blues land.

My interest in SOO really is at an all time low.

Ive always been an end of season person , just too much disruption in the middle of the year.

And just one game , in QLD one year , in NSW the next.

And honestly , you may not want to hear it but Origin is largely about Queenslanders going feral for 3 nights of the year , and most don’t give a **** about footy for the other 362 days of the year.

At our annual caravan do ( yes in QLD) last night we had about 150 watching the game ,( the attendees come from all over Australia ) there was about 80% supporting QLD, yes even the ones from WA, SA, VIC. got sucked in.

They all dress up , wear their gear proudly , swear , cheer , stick it up the Blues in attendance and then go back to normality not giving a **** about the game week in week out.

It’s great theatre , they show great passion and they are all into it , yep “ feral city “ for 3 nights.

And it shows in their players as well , it turns average players into superstars ( for the night ).

I don’t think I’ve ever seen , or ever will that level of “ feralness “ in Blues land.

My interest in SOO really is at an all time low.
I agree with your last comment Mark, when tommy went off I was going to turn it off but lasted til halftime then changed channels

D is for Queensland state of Origin Dynasty
N is for Never say die Resilience
A is for Awesome and Awesome and the Superior Maroons

Origin News: Ticket sales slow after AFL 'not real footy' sledge, DCE ...

It’s not what it used to be, it was built on blood guts and tribal warfare, state v state, mate v mate, it has become somewhat sterile, it doesn’t excite me like it used to, I would be up for it and looking forward to counting the days down.
Not quite sure why I feel disenfranchised with it, but being honest, I’ve lost the passion for it, being a blues supporter doesn’t help, they just don’t seem to value it in the same way as the Queenslanders, anyway happy for Chez, he was great for them last night and deserves to enjoy every minute of it, we’ll done Captain.

100%, or reduce it down to just one game a year, but that will never happen, howeveri it will still continue to suck the life out of the NRL competition every year, just so Channel 9 can win the ratings
And that’s why they pay the big bucks and why the NRL have to play three games to recoup the $$$$$.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4