Other Games [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Storm v Raiders

Dragons v Panthers
Broncos v Roosters

Rabbitohs v Titans
Cowboys v Wests Tigers

Warriors v Bulldogs
Sharks v Knights

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Go Broncos!
And hopefully Raiders give it everything against Storm and end up battered tired injured and depressed and totally deflated and fighting amongst each other (and with Ricky), so they're ready for our encounter next Round @:D

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No chambers due to 'poor form'

Sharks coach Josh Hannay has declared Will Chambers has been dropped from first grade due to form — not for his two-week sledge-a-thon.

Hannay went further to concede that the club had contributed to his poor performances by requiring him to play two games in five days following four weeks out and a marathon mission from Melbourne to be part of the team bubble in Brisbane.

“I had a chat with Will yesterday about the sledging situation and I was really clear about my feelings around that,” Hannay said.

“He (Chambers) was really respectful of that and the decision not to pick him — and again I was really clear with Will on this — had nothing to do with the sledging situation, it was just purely on form.

The form...that he's a dh?

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
So Ryan James and Corey Horsborough have been 'loaned' to the Bulldogs for this weekend from Canberra. I think it's fair to be pragmatic about the loan scheme given the inability to call up players from reserve grade (whatever the comp is called), but I would hate for it to be permanent.

It would be an odd scenario if James and Horsborough help the Raiders make the finals by playing for the Dogs. If the loan arrangement is for next week as well, the Dogs play the Knights who are in the mix for the 8 with the Raiders.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yes definitely some anomalies and concerns around the loan scheme. I can see benefits, especially while there is no reserve comp at all, but who loans player to who could become a source of dismay to fans.
Imagine if Chooks got Jorge and Funa and they helped Chooks to beat us to the top 4. I'd hate that!

Rafferty

Mug punter
So Ryan James and Corey Horsborough have been 'loaned' to the Bulldogs for this weekend from Canberra. I think it's fair to be pragmatic about the loan scheme given the inability to call up players from reserve grade (whatever the comp is called), but I would hate for it to be permanent.

It would be an odd scenario if James and Horsborough help the Raiders make the finals by playing for the Dogs. If the loan arrangement is for next week as well, the Dogs play the Knights who are in the mix for the 8 with the Raiders.
Mate I’d have to disagree with you on the concept of player loans being practical, I think this whole situation is outrageous, its becoming farcical, how far does it go?
It is open to total corruption, manipulation and is destroying what our game once stood for, the tribal warfare of club v club and survival of the fittest, which appears is now gone as the cheque book wins again.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Mate I’d have to disagree with you on the concept of player loans being practical, I think this whole situation is outrageous, its becoming farcical, how far does it go?
It is open to total corruption, manipulation and is destroying what our game once stood for, the tribal warfare of club v club and survival of the fittest, which appears is now gone as the cheque book wins again.
I completely get where you are coming from and in ordinary circumstances I agree (subject to the caveat below). I guess I just think it is fair for the NRL to be pragmatic for the rest of this season given each club could only take x number of players into the bubble and can't respond to injuries/suspensions because it takes 2 weeks to bring someone into the bubble.

The caveat to the above is that I don't have a problem with the Harry Grant loan last year from Storm to the Tigers. It was for the whole season and he wasn't going to get a start at the Storm, so the loan aided his development. But yeah, ordinarily, Teams sizing up their weaknesses after 20 rounds and going into the loan or short term contract market feels odd (albeit done in the USA professional leagues).

The Who

Journey Man
I'd be interested to know which clubs have the salary cap space to afford loan players. I know that Penrith, The Worriers and Canterbury do.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The game was already broken and this pandemic has busted it even further. Mid seasons transfers are inappropriate and the same applies to loaning players. I remember PV saying not so long ago that the Clubs were responsible for their rosters and need to manage their rosters better. But the ingenious PV rule changes coupled with the Pandemic have decimated our once great game and code. The goal posts just keep on moving to the detriment of this once great game.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I remember PV saying not so long ago that the Clubs were responsible for their rosters and need to manage their rosters better.
Yep, first thing I thought of too.

In the meantime, PVL has allowed a team who had 12 players stood down for breaking COVID protocols to stagger their suspensions so they could field a first grade team & now these borrowing rules & the mercenary rule where the likes of TPJ was approved to play 8 weeks for Penrith while in between contracts.

Strangely Josh Dugan is still stood down indefinitely due to breaking COVID protocols - I can only assume he did something far worse than the Shellharbour Dozen?

It really does make a mockery of the rules.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Tge difference in quality of the teams 7 and below is astonishing this year. Canberra will play finals more than likely but theyd also struggle to beat the Broncos same with the knights.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12