Other Games [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
The last 20mins of this game have been bog average by all involved.

We can beat these teams with Turbo, but probably wouldn't without him.

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
Last try to Panthers, Soft. Soft. Soft. Soft.

Api is a thief, that was easy as it gets. We miss that.

I wonder if Croker scores that same try against that same gassed D? Maybe....I believe 2019 Fainu would have...

10 in a row for Souths, scoring 30+ on 80% of those games - and when they finally play someone that matters, they are dusted by 60min mark.

Count our blessings we had a test from Raiders tonight - else that is us week 1 of finals against Melb (if we in top-4) or against team 8 otherwise....

eagleron

Bencher
There has been 1 x 6-Again in 68mins in this game.

11-2 penalty count though. Are we back to pre 6-agains for 'big games' perhaps?

1 6-again in over an hour of play - I simply don't buy it.
Said the same to my missus, it's like someone told Atkins it's 2019 or something

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Fox boys said it must have come from the bunker
So, the question is, why were they looking for it? How do you pick up some obscure rule like that on the run? It's not like there was a break in play and they had time to pour back over it. It was almost like the bunker was doing a bit of rule-book reading before the game and that particular rule popped up, so he decided to play a bit of, can I find this indiscretion during the game tonight.

D

Deleted member 26876

Interesting to hear Gronk say souths have lost there last 11 against the Melbourne and Penrith
Yeah I don’t buy the Souths hype. They willed themselves into an early lead then realised they don’t have the heavyweight gene for the 15th million time in the last three years and went on to buckle and concede 25.

Over these last few years they always seem to lose to the Storm and Penrith in these “litmus test” games, usually Raiders and Roosters as well except that 60-8 game or whatever last year against the chooks before the roosters crumbled.

The Who

Journey Man
You don't have to remind me that the Bunker is ruining this sport. To allow it to interfere at random with the run of a match is wrong. What's the point of telling a player he's on report minutes after the supposed offence? No penalty ensures so it is irrelevant; let the review panel pick up the infringement, if they deem one to have happened.
I'll point out one inconsistency in the way the Bunker has to operate. A Penrith player clearly had a ball illegally stripped near his tryline which was missed by the referee. The Souffs' player got tackled. From the play-the-ball Souffs scored. The Bunker stayed mute. Why? Because it couldn't go back one tackle and rule on the illegal stripping.
The Bunker rules are so restrictive that it can't overrule clear forward passes nor can it take into consideration all action leading up to the final play of a try movement. It's mickey mouse adjudicating. If the NRL insists on having a Bunker then it must be able to judge on every important aspect.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That was the best Penrith has played for a couple of months. I have a feeling Souths aren't done in this comp, either.

Also dumbfounded by the 11-2 penalty count, when they are the least penalised side in the comp. Not going into bat or the rabbits, more the bullshiit inconsistencies in the game.
They are the least penalised team because they have been given a leg-up all year. They pull so much crap that they get away with that in reality they should be one of the MOST penalised.

The Who

Journey Man
As the cross-forum discussion threat is now closed I'll consign my observation of Bronco supporters to here:
Last night at Suncorp there were two cracking rugby league match-ups featuring four of the best teams in the comp. It was a RL fans' dream, and yet spectators were few and far between. Just because it featured four non-Queensland teams. Yet when the pathetic Donkeys play the ground is full.
This shows me that Brisbane RL fans are not true fans of the sport so I don't ever want to hear that dribble about Brisbane being the capital of rugby league. Those who attend Suncorp are just parochial pariahs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14