Our Squad - 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
Warning: I'm on holidays. I'm a stats person. When I get bored, I day dream all things Sea Eagles. Like I started doing last season with our clubs wins / loss stats, I'll throw some more up for you here:

Squad From Official Site:

Backs
Fullbacks: Tom Trbojevic (21)
Wings: Akuila Uate (30), Jonathan Wright (30), Jorge Taufua (26), Tevita Funa (20)
Centres: Brad Parker (20), Brian Kelly (21), Dylan Walker (23), Matthew Wright (26)
Five Eights: Jackson Hastings (21), Tom Wright (20)
Half Backs: Daly Cherry-Evans (28)

Forwards
Props: Addin Fonua-Blake (22), Darcy Lussick (28), Kelepi Tanginoa (23), Lloyd Perrett (23), Martin Taupau (27), Taniela Paseka (20), Toafofoa Sipley (22)
Hookers: Apisai Koroisou (25)
Backrowers: Curtis Sironen (24), Frank Winterstein (31), Jack Gosiewski (23), Shaun Lane (23)
Locks: Jake Trbojevic (23),
Utility Players: Lewis Brown (31)

Potential Squad Members
Other: Manase Fainu (19), Lachlan Croker (20), Luke Metcalf (19), New Acquisition (?)

Why we have a team to BUILD & Grow with:
+ Roster Size at present: 26 players (not including potential squad members)
+ Squad's Average Age: 24.26 (not including potential squad members)
+ The youngest team in 2017, was The Newcastle Knights @ 24.21
+ Improvement in every area (see below)

Wins: 14
Losses: 11
Position: 6th
Home Record: 7-6
Away Record: 7-5
Longest Winning Streak: 5 (Round 11-17)
Longest Losing Streak: 2 (Round 1-2, 6-7, 20-21, 23-24)
Players Used: 27
Tries Scored: 101
Tries Conceded: 90

Wins: 8
Losses: 16
Position: 13th
Home Record: 4-8
Away Record: 4-8
Longest Winning Streak: 4 matches (Rounds 17-21)
Longest Losing Streak: 7 matches (Rounds 9-16)
Players Used: 31
Tries Scored: 78
Tries Conceded: 99

Crowd Numbers:
2017 LottoLand: 161,916 (fans @ an average of 13,493) - 12 games (11th overall ave.)
2017 Away: 157,815 (fans @ an average of 13,151) - 12 games (14th overall ave.)
2017 Finals: 15,408 - 1 game (8th overall ave.)

2016 LottoLand: 173,171 (fans @ an average of 14,431) - 12 games (8th overall ave.)
2016 Away: 150,731 (fans @ an average of 12,561) - 12 games (16th overall ave.)
2016 Finals: NIL

Coach - Trent Barrett:
+ 22 wins
+ 27 losses
+ 1 Finals Loss
+ 44.89% win rate (not including finals)
+ 50 games exactly coached

Players Who Left the Club
Peta Godinet - signed with Tigers
Blake Green - signed with Warriors
Brenton Lawrence - Retired
Jesse Martin - signed with Rabbits
Nate Myles - Retired
Jarrad Kennedy - 2nd tier competition
Steve Matai - Retired
Brett Stewart - Retired
Cameron Cullen - signed in the QLD Cup

Players Acquired
Lachlan Croker
- Half

Jack Gosiewski - Backrow
jack-gosiewski_oty3vwu2e46e1u7x35b3fxe3u.jpg

Toafofoa Sipley - Prop
270px-Toafofoasipley.jpg

Kelepi Tanginoa - Prop

Taniela Paseka - Mid Season Prop

Off Contract 2018:
+ Lewis Brown
+ Lachlan Croker
+ Jack Gosiewski
+ Jackson Hastings
+ Brian Kelly
+ Apisai Koroisou
+ Shaun Lane
+ Darcy Lussick
+ Curtis Sironen
+ Kelepi Tanginoa
+ Akuila Uate
+ Jonathan Wright

2018 - BRING IT ON BITCHES !!
Apologies for talking about actual football.

Last edited:

winnyason

Bencher
Should go good again ryan mate, as long as backline thats has tommy, dylan walker, uate plus dce at 7 stays fit will plays finals again.

We finished 6th last yr with a really inexperienced side and little combinations built. We led 3 games by 14 points only to lose, if we can just use the experience and combinations built we should win those close games and be a top 4 side. Not sure why all the negativity about not signing players. We have enough, its all about retaining and upgrading going forward.
Losses and gains...
Myles- Tangainoa
Bj- sipley
Cullen- croker
Green- ??? (Hastings)
Kennedy- gosiewski
We haven't gone backwards in any position plus we have young guns T.Wright paseka anderson etc coming through and the Trbojevic bros chez and taupau will dominate this yr.

A good half signing would be ideal to give us the best chance at top 4

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Just need 1-2 young players to pop....will then be up there.
If not...Ryan is pretty damn close.
Personally think there will be a few new heroes by end of 2018.

Ryan

Journey Man
What it also highlights guys, is the awfully amount of quality talent coming off contract this season. And players we'd want to keep. We need salary cap to sign:

Kelly
Koroisou
Sironen
Croker or Hastings (and if we end up in the top 4 off the backs of one of these two, think BIG upgrade)
Uate - he'd be good for another few years

Then you have young guys like Gosi, Tanginoa who could shine (seeking moderate upgrades).

I also have a sneaking suspicion Lussick is set for an amazing year being a contract season.

Honestly, signing a vet for a few years could slow the rebuild down, and take the spot of a developing player.

Given the above, I almost think it's justified to go with what we have right now. Lots of unknowns, but Barrett has proven to bring out improvement in both the club and players.

Ryan

Journey Man
Great review of our current situation.

In regards to your comments on a half, this is the reason I reckon the club is challenging the NRL. Not to fully clear the TPA issues but rather to attempt to downgrade the amount that will be included in our 2018 cap. The less we have to include, the more we will have to sign a promising young half (if nothing internal comes to fruition).

I'm guessing after the cap stuff is cleared and hopefully we have approx $300-600k to spend, we will go after young Brock Lamb and sign him for a few years.

I was vehemently against Lamb, but I think given our roster and situation (rebuilding the dynasty), but he fits exactly into what we are doing.

But then again, can't Croker, Hastings and Metcalf also do exactly that?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Warning: I'm on holidays. I'm a stats person. When I get bored, I day dream all things Sea Eagles. Like I started doing last season with our clubs wins / loss stats, I'll throw some more up for you here:

Squad From Official Site:

Backs
Fullbacks: Tom Trbojevic (21)
Wings: Akuila Uate (30), Jonathan Wright (30), Jorge Taufua (26), Tevita Funa (20)
Centres: Brad Parker (20), Brian Kelly (21), Dylan Walker (23), Matthew Wright (26)
Five Eights: Jackson Hastings (21), Tom Wright (20)
Half Backs: Daly Cherry-Evans (28)

Forwards
Props: Addin Fonua-Blake (22), Darcy Lussick (28), Kelepi Tanginoa (23), Lloyd Perrett (23), Martin Taupau (27), Taniela Paseka (20), Toafofoa Sipley (22)
Hookers: Apisai Koroisou (25)
Backrowers: Curtis Sironen (24), Frank Winterstein (31), Jack Gosiewski (23), Shaun Lane (23)
Locks: Jake Trbojevic (23),
Utility Players: Lewis Brown (31)

Potential Squad Members
Other: Manase Fainu (19), Lachlan Croker (20), Luke Metcalf (19), New Acquisition (?)

Why we have a team to BUILD & Grow with:
+ Roster Size at present: 26 players (not including potential squad members)
+ Squad's Average Age: 24.26 (not including potential squad members)
+ The youngest team in 2017, was The Newcastle Knights @ 24.21
+ Improvement in every area (see below)

Wins: 14
Losses: 11
Position: 6th
Home Record: 7-6
Away Record: 7-5
Longest Winning Streak: 5 (Round 11-17)
Longest Losing Streak: 2 (Round 1-2, 6-7, 20-21, 23-24)
Players Used: 27
Tries Scored: 101
Tries Conceded: 90

Wins: 8
Losses: 16
Position: 13th
Home Record: 4-8
Away Record: 4-8
Longest Winning Streak: 4 matches (Rounds 17-21)
Longest Losing Streak: 7 matches (Rounds 9-16)
Players Used: 31
Tries Scored: 78
Tries Conceded: 99

Crowd Numbers:
2017 LottoLand: 161,916 (fans @ an average of 13,493) - 12 games (11th overall ave.)
2017 Away: 157,815 (fans @ an average of 13,151) - 12 games (14th overall ave.)
2017 Finals: 15,408 - 1 game (8th overall ave.)

2016 LottoLand: 173,171 (fans @ an average of 14,431) - 12 games (8th overall ave.)
2016 Away: 150,731 (fans @ an average of 12,561) - 12 games (16th overall ave.)
2016 Finals: NIL

Coach - Trent Barrett:
+ 22 wins
+ 27 losses
+ 1 Finals Loss
+ 44.89% win rate (not including finals)
+ 50 games exactly coached

Players Who Left the Club
Peta Godinet - signed with Tigers
Blake Green - signed with Warriors
Brenton Lawrence - Retired
Jesse Martin - signed with Rabbits
Nate Myles - Retired
Jarrad Kennedy - 2nd tier competition
Steve Matai - Retired
Brett Stewart - Retired
Cameron Cullen - signed in the QLD Cup

Players Acquired
Lachlan Croker
- Half

Jack Gosiewski - Backrow
jack-gosiewski_oty3vwu2e46e1u7x35b3fxe3u.jpg

Toafofoa Sipley - Prop
270px-Toafofoasipley.jpg

Kelepi Tanginoa - Prop

Taniela Paseka - Mid Season Prop

Off Contract 2018:
+ Lewis Brown
+ Lachlan Croker
+ Jack Gosiewski
+ Jackson Hastings
+ Brian Kelly
+ Apisai Koroisou
+ Shaun Lane
+ Darcy Lussick
+ Curtis Sironen
+ Kelepi Tanginoa
+ Akuila Uate
+ Jonathan Wright

2018 - BRING IT ON BITCHES !!
Apologies for talking about actual football.
Great effort . Thanks Ryan

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
I was vehemently against Lamb, but I think given our roster and situation (rebuilding the dynasty), but he fits exactly into what we are doing.

But then again, can't Croker, Hastings and Metcalf also do exactly that?
Manly Daily yesterday (I think) was saying 6 would end up going either to Hastings or Croker.

That average age part was interesting. A bees dick off Newcastle yet they were dead last (again) and we were a side that had a chance for top 4.

I’m warming to Croker or Hastings if they are up for it as I’d like a young squad that matures with some older, quality talent like DCE and Tapau leading the charge.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Great thread Ryan !

For a poster that can be, at times, so negative about the club and it's direction, you have basically proven that we are on the right track by investing in youth and that we have built a quality roster for 2018 and beyond.

Good times ahead, with a little luck.

brad

First Grader
Looks like a good squad for 18 , youth and experience sprinkled throughout. Still need that 6 and a gun backrower to be serious contenders but im happy with Hastings from the get go .

The Who

Journey Man
Interesting that the average crowd at Brookie was 1,000 less last season, however I recall that match with Newcastle when we only had a handful of spectators because of the shocking weather.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
With such a young squad you would think we could grow into something special. There is some real talent there.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Some good talent for sure, but I keep coming back to the thought about who is going to lead this team and be the go to man. DCE has proven the last two seasons that he struggles with that. We don't have a clutch player, an ice man that calms the farm and delivers under pressure.

There's going to be a LOT of pressure on whoever partners DCE in the halves next year, I just hope whoever gets the gig is up for the challenge.

Hoping some of these young forwards can step up and bring some impact and enthusiasm. We've lost some experience but that can be replaced by some hunger and effort. Quite excited about the potential there - I'm most looking forward to seeing Gosiewski get a go, think he might give us a better option than Frankenstein on that left edge.

Ryan

Journey Man
Manly Daily yesterday (I think) was saying 6 would end up going either to Hastings or Croker.

That average age part was interesting. A bees dick off Newcastle yet they were dead last (again) and we were a side that had a chance for top 4.

I’m warming to Croker or Hastings if they are up for it as I’d like a young squad that matures with some older, quality talent like DCE and Tapau leading the charge.

The very interesting part about that Loobs as well, is that if we add Fainu, Croker, Metcalf & another, our average age gets reduced to the point we'd have the youngest team on paper in almost 2 decades (after the expansion of the NRL and the emergence of Adelaide, Gold Coast, Perth & others, and juniors were used through many rosters due to lack of experienced talent).

This is how you build a legacy. We have the raw bones of a cracker squad.

Ryan

Journey Man
Some good talent for sure, but I keep coming back to the thought about who is going to lead this team and be the go to man. DCE has proven the last two seasons that he struggles with that. We don't have a clutch player, an ice man that calms the farm and delivers under pressure.

There's going to be a LOT of pressure on whoever partners DCE in the halves next year, I just hope whoever gets the gig is up for the challenge.

Hoping some of these young forwards can step up and bring some impact and enthusiasm. We've lost some experience but that can be replaced by some hunger and effort. Quite excited about the potential there - I'm most looking forward to seeing Gosiewski get a go, think he might give us a better option than Frankenstein on that left edge.

Highlights package I know, but I'd say:
1. Above average short passing and kicking game.
2. Above average goal kicking ability
3. Better defense than Blake Green
4. Experienced driving an awfully injured Roosters side around
5. Line breaking better than Green
6. Organizational ability (unknown)

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
hat average age part was interesting. A bees dick off Newcastle yet they were dead last (again) and we were a side that had a chance for top 4.
This is the main worry for us. From that young squad we lose Myles, Lawrence and Green which is a lot of experience.
Especially Green, his experience in a key position was huge for us this year.
We'll definitely need our top men to stay healthy.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Highlights package I know, but I'd say:
1. Above average short passing and kicking game.
2. Above average goal kicking ability
3. Better defense than Blake Green
4. Experienced driving an awfully injured Roosters side around
5. Line breaking better than Green
6. Organizational ability (unknown)

If Hastings was that good he would have ousted Green this year, or at the very least shone when given a crack in the game that Green missed (I think he played 6 against Dragons didn't he ?). Hastings' career has been dogged by questions about his attitude and commitment - whether true or not I can't comment, but the fact there were rumours the club were shopping him around recently is a fair indication.

Given the amount of PR spin from the club around Croker of late I suspect he is first cab off the rank for the 6 unless we can pull off a signing.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Good post C&C. I also have high hopes from young Gosiewski. He is an aggressive mother fcker . Runs hard , hits hard , Rambo Gibbs type of player . He is not an arm grabbing jersey soft cock. HE is The tough second rower that we needed in our squad and at a bargain price. Had a bit of bad luck with injury at South's just like young Gutho had with us and Like Gutho, Gosiewski will be a player that will make an instant impact.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14