Pacific Islands Tests

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mateo started really well but lacked the stamina to maintain concentration and made mistakes in the second half .... but had a pretty good game at 5/8 ... all the manly boys played well imo

I loved that Vave absolutely smashed Kaysa Pritchard when he tried to tackle him. It was beautiful to watch....!

Not sure if it was just me that noticed or not, but I think ref Cummins gave Samoa a bit of a leg up with penalty's in the first half, which seemed to help them get a roll on. It was quite annoying actually, seeing how much he enforced himself in the game. Apart from that it was a great game of footy to watch. It was the only rep game I bothered watching the whole weekend.

Kudos to Hull FC, they allowed Pritchard (their best player) and Manu to come home for this Test.:clap:
Unlike Bennett, who vetoed Milf playing for Samoa :mad:

Hull FC were due to play in the Challenge Cup Final that they haven't won in 90 years.

Hull won 47- 18 :clap::party:

Now that's good Karma :)

With a Rugby League World Cup less than a year away and over 40 per cent of current NRL players Polynesian, it’s time for the NRL to step up.

While Australia and New Zealand were paid handsomely for their Test match, Tonga received $500 each in match payments for the Pacific test doubleheader, but only after sourcing their own sponsorship

Samoa got nothing for downing Tonga in front of a record-breaking crowd,.

The NRL's apparent lack of interest in growing the game internationally doesn’t sit well with Zorba.

“The NRL paid for City Country, all the players got paid, they paid for Australia and New Zealand, good coin for that, and then Tonga had to get sponsors to give something and Samoa played for…yep; nothing,” Zorba said.

“So that’s what we’re doing to influence the South Pacific nations to get more involved in our great game.

“They (Pacific nations) are dominating in every team and we do nothing.”
http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...id-samoa-png-tonga/1hia3wr9sv6bc1nohfuym9yar8

------------------------------------------------------
This is truly outrageous :mad:

The inequity is unbelievable. The Four Teams should at least got a large portion of the gate takings.

I can not believe that in 2016, the Broadcasters and the NRL exploit our emerging nations like this.

There has got to be an investigation :!!:

That brings the game into more disrepute than some goose misbehaving.

Just an aside, I see that Ch 7 got the broadcast rights to the 2017 World Cup. Interesting.

That brings the game into more disrepute than some goose misbehaving.

Just an aside, I see that Ch 7 got the broadcast rights to the 2017 World Cup. Interesting.
I want them to declare that all competitors will be paid equally.

It is so sad to take advantage of the Pacific Islanders, who can not lobby as effectively as the OZ/NZ Playing Group.:mad:

How can the game grow in the Islands, if no actual cash goes back to the participants, let alone the winners of a series :wondering:

@HappilyManly

It isn't even so much the players, most are on a fairly good earn anyway, it's the sporting bodies themselves that need a quid to support and create a strong league in the islands.

The NRL would probably argue that they already fund Island programes, (woopi do.)

@HappilyManly

It isn't even so much the players, most are on a fairly good earn anyway, it's the sporting bodies themselves that need a quid to support and create a strong league in the islands.

The NRL would probably argue that they already fund Island programes, (woopi do.)
The PNG and Fiji Players would not be on NRL contracts - I'm sure that they were playing for free too. :mad:
Those bludgers in the OZ/NZ borefest got 20k each FFS
:banghead:

I'm so outraged - it is unconscionable to exploit workers, isn't it? :swear:

Foxtel should own up to their part in this inequity, and make it right:lightbulb:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6