Panthers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

NYEagle

Bencher
Just watching the Panthers now given that it is likely Melbourne with give up the minor premiership and we have to play them.

At first I thought holy crap these guys are bulked up, but then on close inspection they are actually wearing some enhanced body padding like a crop top to protect their chest and shoulders. Looks pretty blatant to me.

Is this unfair or a smart strategy?. You just won’t be able to hurt them. They are gonna be awfully hard to beat that first week.

Would love some opinions on this.

NYEagle

Just watching the Panthers now given that it is likely Melbourne with give up the minor premiership and we have to play them.

At first I thought holy crap these guys are bulked up, but then on close inspection they are actually wearing some enhanced body padding like a crop top to protect their chest and shoulders. Looks pretty blatant to me.

Is this unfair or a smart strategy?. You just won’t be able to hurt them. They are gonna be awfully hard to beat that first week.

NYEagle
I noticed this a few weeks now no one has ever mentioned it.

I can see us playing Panthers week 1 of the finals if we win next week.

Storm choice play souths or us week 1 I know which team they want to play.

Looks like
Panthers vs manly
Storm vs souths

If storm tank against sharks and Panthers beating parra with us beating cowboys.

Last edited:
I noticed this a few weeks now no one has ever mentioned it.

I can see us playing Panthers week 1 of the finals if we win next week.

Storm choice play souths or us week 1 I know which team they want to play.

Looks like
Panthers vs manly
Storm vs souths

If storm tank against sharks and Panthers beating parts with us beating cowboys.
If the Roosters and Parra lose before Manly play Saturday,back a few Manly players pulling out and Cows to win

If the Roosters and Parra lose before Manly play Saturday,back a few Manly players pulling out and Cows to win
I can definitely see this happening I would let cust in for Dce, Lawton for croker, suli for Harper, walker for turbo and keepie for Schuster and croker at 14.

Only if roosters and eels lose.

Last edited:
I suspect a few teams,Storm,Manly and Panthers,are over the regular season and have struggled this weekend because they’re ready for the finals
Not sure about being over it. Even in our premiership years we tend to throw in a poor showing in the lead-up to finals, some other teams often do too. Eg Storm. Probably more a case of the training changing as they gear up for a full-on finals tilt.

There's no way Storm tank. They do have a history of resting players, but all their key guys have had injury related spells of late so will probably be better for the run. Apart from maybe Munster and Cheese.

Anyway I think we are overselling ourselves if we think Storm are scared of playing us - have you seen their record against us ? we have won 2 out of the last 10 clashes.

NYEagle
Brown and Pauli from parra also wear massive chest protectors. Not sure if it right but the nrl would allow it for players from those precious teams

There's no way Storm tank. They do have a history of resting players, but all their key guys have had injury related spells of late so will probably be better for the run. Apart from maybe Munster and Cheese.

Anyway I think we are overselling ourselves if we think Storm are scared of playing us - have you seen their record against us ? we have won 2 out of the last 10 clashes.
I reckon they will rest Cheese and start Hynes at fullback and live without Addo Carr, while bringing in NElson and Finucaine.

Harry to play 80 minutes and Paps to the bench for this game and the finals .

Hardly a weakened team and they will easily beat the Sharks anyway.

NYEagle

Anyone that thinks Melbourne lose next week is on crack. They could run with a reserve grade side and they’ll still get over the top of Cronulla. An upset has about as much chance of happening as Barrett conceding that the outdoor furniture wasn’t a mitigating factor in his poor tenure at Manly.

I agree, a team that is 21 and 3 for the season fears no one.

Not sure about being over it. Even in our premiership years we tend to throw in a poor showing in the lead-up to finals, some other teams often do too. Eg Storm. Probably more a case of the training changing as they gear up for a full-on finals tilt.
I think I heard a stat that of the last 10 premiership winners five had lost their final regular season match.

Yeaaaaa I'd rather play Melbourne week 1 please. Because week 1 is probably the biggest game in our last 7 years, we win that and we are in a pole position for a GF appearance and a premiership. Put everything into context after next week's result and we will all realize how big week 1 is for our club.

I would rather play melbourne first week for the following reasons:
  • JAC injured
  • Papy selection - if they pick him i think they’re severely disadvantaging themselves than if they pick Hynes
Im telling people, that hynes/paps situation is really gonna be the downfall of them in the finals. A little bit different but it kinda reminds me of 2019 Melbourne with the croft/hughes halfback debacle. A lot of this year's Melbourne do be reminding me of 2019 Melbourne.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8