Para and the SCAT exploit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...-claims/ar-AAo4PdI?li=AAavLaF&ocid=spartanntp

Interesting read about how Para had 46 players referred for a SCAT last season. That was double that of over half the other clubs. Manly by comparison had 10. They also didn't have a single back referred all season.

Also, they frequently have a player got for a SCAT between 20-25mins of the game. Mannah did on the weekend (for a finger to the eye).

But no, nothing to see here. I'm sure they are playing by the rules. They are a club with great integrity and respect for the rules after all.........

Gotta love Arthur's defence of "why would I want my best players to go off?"

Yeah, it's a real disadvantage interchanging a front rower after 20 mins. A coach would never do that by choice...

When Mannah went off and the commentator said something like "Mannah's down let's hope he's OK' I near burst out laughing. Was obvious this on was the " 20 mins gone, I need a rest ...ouch my head " substitution. You see it every week, surprised for once they are taking notice.

All teams do it.....was shocked to see that we were right down the bottom of the league for this. We've gotta catch up.

When Mannah went off and the commentator said something like "Mannah's down let's hope he's OK' I near burst out laughing. Was obvious this on was the " 20 mins gone, I need a rest ...ouch my head " substitution. You see it every week, surprised for once they are taking notice.

All teams do it.....was shocked to see that we were right down the bottom of the league for this. We've gotta catch up.

I was more surprised at how much more Para did it compared to other teams. It like they know they wont get done for it so aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Concussion gate?
When you read thing like this I think the sport would be better off without coaches. Just send 13 players out for 80 minutes, and stuff the tactics and gamesmanship!

Its an easy fix, to remove coaches exploiting it have a doctor and trainer that is contracted by the NRL that make the decision if someone comes off for a SCAT without the import of the coaches. This removes the ability of coaches being able to exploit it.

I noticed they were doing this and was wondering when the media would pick up on it. At most they might cop a small fine eventually, well worth it.
Reminds me of Bozo during the 90s when there was a blood bin. Rumour was that our players used blood capsules for a free rest, he has never denied it.

So basically parra are back to a 12 interchange, seems fair - not

Isn't there some ruling around players if they get concussed 2 games in a row they are supposed to sit a week out or two to medically recover, or does that just apply to the 15 other teams

Its an easy fix, to remove coaches exploiting it have a doctor and trainer that is contracted by the NRL that make the decision if someone comes off for a SCAT without the import of the coaches. This removes the ability of coaches being able to exploit it.

This would also help with the opposite (probably larger) problem - of club doctors being under pressure by their clubs to leave the best players on the field despite a possible concussion and putting the team ahead of player welfare.

So basically parra are back to a 12 interchange, seems fair - not

Isn't there some ruling around players if they get concussed 2 games in a row they are supposed to sit a week out or two to medically recover, or does that just apply to the 15 other teams

This is actually a really good point. Over the course of 24 games last season they have 46 SCATs. So nearly 2 per game. That means that they got an additional 2 free interchanges per game. For a team with a relatively large pack, that makes a massive difference in the last 10-15mins of each half.

This is actually a really good point. Over the course of 24 games last season they have 46 SCATs. So nearly 2 per game. That means that they got an additional 2 free interchanges per game. For a team with a relatively large pack, that makes a massive difference in the last 10-15mins of each half.

Parra cheating , surely not !!!!

The solution is that the NRL has an independent expert at each game and if a player is deemed as requiring a detailed assessment they are off for the remainder of the game.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10