• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
See this is the incredibly low expectations we have for Parker.

The fact he made tackles that he SHOULD have made, is expected to make as a first grade NRL player and people think WOW he played well.

A "good" game for Parker is the absolute minimum that most NRL centres deliver every week.
Parker shut rts down a few times on his side. A player who tears opposite players apart. Guy played well just acknowledge it and enjoy it bud. Parker we know is not the greatest Centre, but he did a job Friday and helped us win. I have Parker higher than Suli in the Centre pecking order.

Heckenberg

Reserve Grader
BTW the stats don't exactly back up you argument.

Only 79 m from 14 runs
14 tackles and 4 missed tackles (3rd highest)

So your benchmark of a good game may be a little lower than mine.
Fair enough compared to his normal woeful performances this was a giant improvement, but hardly a "good" game.
Yeah I didn’t think he stood out at all. He was “courageous” in the sense that every time he got the ball I just expected him to get knocked the **** out but he didn’t. he’s actually getting pretty good ball off his inside men but just doesn’t really have the speed or power to break the line.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Parker shut rts down a few times on his side. A player who tears opposite players apart. Guy played well just acknowledge it and enjoy it bud. Parker we know is not the greatest Centre, but he did a job Friday and helped us win. I have Parker higher than Suli in the Centre pecking order.
a centres job is not to be a defensive player
that is more of a backrowers job than a defender
we will never score more than 10+ tries down parkers side with him there

push him to the bench to be a backrow support and utility option. that would be his best value

bring in tolu koula at centre ASAP

morgan harper is way too small for first grade - not convinced he will be a consistent first grader in the NRL for his career. Yes runs a good line but is tiny

See this is the incredibly low expectations we have for Parker.

The fact he made tackles that he SHOULD have made, is expected to make as a first grade NRL player and people think WOW he played well.

A "good" game for Parker is the absolute minimum that most NRL centres deliver every week.
A good game for Parker is when he doesn't trip over his boot laces 3 times and concusses himself.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
a centres job is not to be a defensive player
that is more of a backrowers job than a defender
we will never score more than 10+ tries down parkers side with him there

push him to the bench to be a backrow support and utility option. that would be his best value

bring in tolu koula at centre ASAP

morgan harper is way too small for first grade - not convinced he will be a consistent first grader in the NRL for his career. Yes runs a good line but is tiny
Your namesake mightn’t agree mate. Defence was his offense. Not at all comparing Parker to Skivvie (my fav all time manly player) but centres play a huge role in shutting down attacking raids. Communicating with their wing man and making calls on when to jam in or not. I don’t agree at all with your view here that it’s more the backrowers job. We have all watched Parker for years and know his flaws. My point was he did what was needed to help us home, and we won with that.

I’m not sold on Harper either. Not due to size but more that we are reaching for a replacement for Suli or Parker, whoever that may be, and I’ve been in that camp too! Harper to me looks like a rocks or diamonds type. Get good moments and then garbage plays. Time will tell as he’ll have his chance now Walkers out.

I like the idea of Parker as a bench utility as you say. He could help out with numerous roles and that could suit him. I prefer him in that role to Jetski if I’m honest.

peterh

Yeah I didn’t think he stood out at all. He was “courageous” in the sense that every time he got the ball I just expected him to get knocked the **** out but he didn’t. he’s actually getting pretty good ball off his inside men but just doesn’t really have the speed or power to break the line.

Thank you.
Every time he got the ball he basically jogged himself into the arms of his opposite number.
I'm not sure what game others on here were watching.

The fact he didn't drop the ball this week for a change certainly stood out.

D

Deleted member 26876

Your namesake mightn’t agree mate. Defence was his offense. Not at all comparing Parker to Skivvie (my fav all time manly player) but centres play a huge role in shutting down attacking raids. Communicating with their wing man and making calls on when to jam in or not. I don’t agree at all with your view here that it’s more the backrowers job. We have all watched Parker for years and know his flaws. My point was he did what was needed to help us home, and we won with that.

I’m not sold on Harper either. Not due to size but more that we are reaching for a replacement for Suli or Parker, whoever that may be, and I’ve been in that camp too! Harper to me looks like a rocks or diamonds type. Get good moments and then garbage plays. Time will tell as he’ll have his chance now Walkers out.

I like the idea of Parker as a bench utility as you say. He could help out with numerous roles and that could suit him. I prefer him in that role to Jetski if I’m honest.
Harper plays with so much intent compared to Parker and especially Suli though. Does some good things as well, and naturally evasive. I'd keep him on his effort and persistence alone.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Harper plays with so much intent compared to Parker and especially Suli though. Does some good things as well, and naturally evasive. I'd keep him on his effort and persistence alone.
Time will tell. He’s got his shot, let’s hope he makes every post a winner. I’m supporting him to do so.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Perspective time.....

SPEEEEEEEED KILLLLLLLS !!!

The faster you go the bigger the mess you leave behind

The bench mark
The measuring stick
The barometer
The paradigm
The Terrior
The Terminator
The beginning and the end who does it all on his own
The game Breaker and Ball Breaker

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Not enough speed , not a top 8 center IMO.
He Not the complete centre but he can keep his spot by stopping top 8 centers in their tracks with his tenacious tackling .

The moral of the Parker story
Resilience in defence can over come brilliance
Because ....
IF THE BASTARDS CANT SCORE
THE BASTARDS CANT WIN

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18