Parra U20s player tests positive to cannabis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
Stupid policy, as if it's performance enhancing. Nothing wrong with a bit of weed. It's the alcohol that does the damage.

Nah nothing wrong mate, it's illegal for nothing.

Wake up.

DSM5 said:
Stupid policy, as if it's performance enhancing. Nothing wrong with a bit of weed. It's the alcohol that does the damage.

Wake up.

Napper said:
DSM5 said:

Alcohol is only legal because the Govt makes money via taxes.

Napper said:
DSM5 said:

I have a particularly tough stance on weed, i have seen it ruin at least 2 people's lives that I know as well as other issues a little closer to home, I am not a weed smoker and absolutely hate the drug.

However the AFL have been trying for years to get it removed off of the WADA banned substances list, they have their own illicit drug policy which is different from the wada one, but also adhere to WADA.

I struggle to see how it is performance enhancing, there would be more concern with the amount of oranges the guys were eating compared to the rest of the team, and the chance they may take a nap on half way

I have a particularly tough stance on weed, i have seen it ruin at least 2 people's lives that I know as well as other issues a little closer to home, I am not a weed smoker and absolutely hate the drug.

However the AFL have been trying for years to get it removed off of the WADA banned substances list, they have their own illicit drug policy which is different from the wada one, but also adhere to WADA.

I struggle to see how it is performance enhancing, there would be more concern with the amount of oranges the guys were eating compared to the rest of the team, and the chance they may take a nap on half way

Napper, tell me you're not for real. If the NRL got around to banning anyone who plays the game when they do something illegal, they may as well shut up shop. My take on it is, if it's not performance enhancing then it's a private matter. Maybe the club could make a ruling, but not the big guy. Did you know that riding a bike on the footpath is illegal Napper?

Napper, tell me you're not for real. If the NRL got around to banning anyone who plays the game when they do something illegal, they may as well shut up shop. My take on it is, if it's not performance enhancing then it's a private matter. Maybe the club could make a ruling, but not the big guy. Did you know that riding a bike on the footpath is illegal Napper?

WAMF said:
Napper said:
DSM5 said:

And you think they wouldn't make money from taxing weed as well?

There is no conspiracy at all here. Weed for many is fine, but it is devastating for others.

On a public forum frequented by children I certainly wont have it seen as anything that is "ok"

WAMF said:
Napper said:
DSM5 said:

And you think they wouldn't make money from taxing weed as well?

There is no conspiracy at all here. Weed for many is fine, but it is devastating for others.

On a public forum frequented by children I certainly wont have it seen as anything that is "ok"

I haven't said weed is ok.
but there are 'double standards' in practice here.
Alcohol is fine for many people, devastating for others. How about gambling, the most addictive and destructive form of amusement? How many people and families have been ruined by both of those?

The NRL ban weed but encourage alcohol and gambling.
Hardly a moral high horse there.

I'm not saying it's wrong or it's right, I'm pointing out the massive inconsistencies.

Alcohol is fine for many people, devastating for others. How about gambling, the most addictive and destructive form of amusement? How many people and families have been ruined by both of those?

I'm not saying it's wrong or it's right, I'm pointing out the massive inconsistencies.

WAMF said:

Yes but they stay within the laws. This isn't the place for a political debate on our governments handling of alcohol and gambling. Fact is they are legal and therefore ok at this point.

Personally I don't think the world would change that much if you made Alcohol or Gambling Illegal, people will always find ways to throw their money away or abuse their bodies.

WAMF said:

Yes but they stay within the laws. This isn't the place for a political debate on our governments handling of alcohol and gambling. Fact is they are legal and therefore ok at this point.

Personally I don't think the world would change that much if you made Alcohol or Gambling Illegal, people will always find ways to throw their money away or abuse their bodies.

Stopping people from earning a living is ridiculous for such a petty thing. Who benefits from that? If it's not performance enhancing, stay out of it. Let the club/cops deal with the issue. If it's a small amount they would most likely give the kid a warning and get him some counselling.

Stopping people from earning a living is ridiculous for such a petty thing. Who benefits from that? If it's not performance enhancing, stay out of it. Let the club/cops deal with the issue. If it's a small amount they would most likely give the kid a warning and get him some counselling.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8