Parra's first Win of the Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That doesn’t illustrate what you think it does. Winning a premiership is the end goal for any NRL player. Very few would give a rats arse what jersey they wear while doing it.
You are right, who knows what is in each players heads . We are both thinking with our heads and giving our opinions

Must win game...itll be like Christmas for these westies out here even if the slime win by a point...lets see how fair dinkum our guys are...we'll be playing against their 17..the refs...linesmen...their toothless houso fans...and the NRL...just fkin play like you hate em...give us fans something to be able to go to work on the Monday without embarrassment. ..give us a fkin win.

I really cant see us loosing this one. After being bood off against the Tigers and that presser that went down I think a few of us out there will be putting our hands up THIS TIME. Plus now that this Hastings saga is finally out in the open and a few people will know where they stand after not performing it would not surprise me if we win. How much by is another thing though. Its just a gut feeling, but I have been wrong before but hope not this time. If we were playing anyone else than Parra I would be a little worried though. What's left of a Manly spirit should shine through though. I just hope we can catch a ball and believe me that's not been easy for us off late. Our handling is worse than diabolical as that last Tigers game was the worst I have ever seen my side mishandle a ball due to the fact that we were dropping them from a stand still position when it mattered. Manly to win though.:)

I have played competitive sport and I have seen competitive teams and I can tell you that when you are competitive then you are resilient and unfortunately I cant say that our team was competitive or resilient against the Tigers .
No empathy from me for players that wear the sacred maroon and white jersey . Wear it with passion and pride or don't wear it at all
View attachment 8063
Now THATS a Manly player babyyyyyyyy!!!!!

If we think that anything less than a "we're playing a really good side here" attitude is going to do this weekend, we're an even dumber side than I think we are.

The Slime will be desperate. If we don't match that, we may as well not bother.

Things aren't going well, granted.
Just cut all the flashy crap and get back to what works.
Rub harder than them.
Out-enthuse the other mob.
Hurt them more in defence.
Don't push stupid passes.
Be patient. A repeat set as almost as good as a try. Wear them down.

I mean, how hard is it ?

Just please to subject us to what we saw yesterday ever again.
Ya might wanna edit just the one line Simon... "Rub harder than them." :p That's a tad vulgar

Now THATS a Manly player babyyyyyyyy!!!!!
I am with you all the way feathered friend
We have seen all the great Manly players and we have been accustomed to high standards of play
Mediocre play does not do it for us nor does it do justice to our great club .
Mediocre is a North Sydney mentality .

Sorry there I'll have to disagree.. This is a cop out. I've seen the tigers and other teams hang in there out of pure desire, resilience, desperation, whatever word you want to use to describe it. There are no romantic sentiments that go out the window when the going gets tough. They just need to harden up, learn to hang in there and grind out the game..That's what's lacking. That's what TBaz was saying in the presser. Otherwise all we've got is a bunch of softcocks that can only get ahead when things are going their way.

This... Tigers are no easy beats and ppl saying we should have beaten them comfortably probably haven’t watched them this season. They have had hard fought grinding wins against 1xRoosters 2xStorm and lost to a BS call against the broncos. They beat Parra but so has everyone else, and Sunday well they did everything right against us. Brooks was sin binned for 2 of those wins also and they didn’t drop their defence. I believe Cleary has everyone on their toes as he is quite a cut throat coach in terms of dropping players and replacing them with no-names who lift and have the dropped players trying to earn their spot back. That comes from experience as a FG coach and knowing what works for you.

At the start of the season he named 5 co-captains and i thought wtf? But clearly he has taken his most experienced players in Benji, Packer, Taylor, Reynolds and Lawrence and given expectations to them of what he wants from them with the young squad he has and no doubt it has worked so far.

NRL .COM
MATCH PREVIEW

Eels v Sea Eagles: Two desperate outfits
Ironic as it may seem, the last-placed Eels will probably feel very good about their chances of notching their first win of the season against a Manly side that was booed off their home ground in last week's 38-12 thrashing from the Tigers.

Parramatta appeared to make progress in a tough round five loss to the Panthers, but they were never really in the hunt in last week's 18-2 road loss to the Raiders and slipped to 0-6 for the season. Still, the Eels are at home this week and might finally get a morale-boosting victory.
The Sea Eagles were terrible against the Tigers, falling into a 26-0 hole at half-time. Given that their away record is so poor, they will need a massive form turnaround to overcome a desperate Parramatta at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

Head-to-head: Played 138; Sea Eagles 83 wins; Eels 51 wins; 4 draws

Matches at venue: First game between these teams at ANZ Stadium

2017 result: Eels won 20-12 at Lottoland in round 1
Points per game: Eels 7.7; Sea Eagles 23.7
Points conceded per game: Eels 25.3; Sea Eagles 23.2

Televised: Live on Fox League
Parramatta Eels v Manly Sea Eagles, 2pm Sunday at ANZ Stadium

Eels: Coach Brad Arthur has largely stuck solid with his underperforming players so far but changes loom if there is no improvement. Former star NYC winger Greg Leleisiuao has had two separate injury layoffs already this year but is set to return from an ankle injury for Wentworthville this week and will debut sooner rather than later for a team badly missing punch on kick returns. Jarryd Hayne (quadriceps) is a chance of being named this week.

Sea Eagles: A player availability crisis threatens to reduce the Sea Eagles to as few as 23 available players to make up a 21-man squad this week. With no fresh injury concerns, no major changes are expected despite a horror home loss to Wests Tigers last Sunday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10