Passionate Mal Cochrane gets on board at Manly

  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He was one of the Sea Eagles best-ever players and 24 years after his final game in maroon and white Mal Cochrane is still very grateful for the way the club helped shape his life.

And the former champion hooker has accepted an invitation to join the influential board of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club.

Read More
 
He was one of the Sea Eagles best-ever players and 24 years after his final game in maroon and white Mal Cochrane is still very grateful for the way the club helped shape his life.

And the former champion hooker has accepted an invitation to join the influential board of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club.
Mal-Cochrane.jpg
"I still have a lot of passion for the club for the club and that's probably why," Cochrane said of his decision.

"The football club has a special place in the current Sea Eagles family.

"Although the club is privately owned, the football club still holds the preference Share which determines where the team plays, its colours and logo and has two representatives on the Sea Eagles Board.

"I look forward to making any contribution I can."

Cochrane came down to join Manly from Taree United when he was 20 and became an integral member of the first grade side and was named. hooker in the indigenous team of the century.

"Considering where I came from, Manly were really good to me and I wouldn't have changed anything for the world," he said

"It's about giving back,.

"The football club looks after the members and that appeals to me as well."

While playing with Manly he forged a successful career with the NSW: Police.

Since 2001 Cochrane has worked with the Public Service Association where his role is mainly to assist Aboriginal employees.

Cochrane comes to the board after a season where off field dramas at the Sea Eagles grabbed a lot of attention.

"I'm frustrated and disappointed like a lot of the ex-players are about the unwanted publicity, let's say," Cochrane admitted.

"I'd prefer we are not in the media for the wrong reasons but for all the positive things," he said.

"Hopefully whatever is going on there will all settle down."

Cochrane joins former Sea Eagles teammates Cliff Lyons and Darrell Williams on the board.

When they were playing together Cochrane never envisaged they would get together again in the board room.

Cochrane replaces Rory Muscat who resigned due to work and family commitments.

"The board is thrilled to be joined by someone of Mal Cochrane's calibre and standing on the board representing the football club members, "said chairman Bob Stevenson.
.
.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n-board-at-manly/story-fngr8iii-1227085243047
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Football Club board is doing a great job these days, organising the club's history to be made digital so it lasts forever, growing the membership base, fantastic communications with members and after their emphatic win at the last election very much "one team".

And I heard that Bob has cancelled all the cucumber sandwiches at get togethers now opting for the far cheaper party pies and little boys.

Good to see our dollars not being frittered away on top notch sanga's!!
 
The Wheel said:
Great news thanks for the effort Rory!

Bloody shame his talented son was cut from the juniors. Another local kid gone ! Would have been great in the halves, a great goal kicker and a natural footballer.
 
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
The Wheel said:
Great news thanks for the effort Rory!

Bloody shame his talented son was cut from the juniors. Another local kid gone ! Would have been great in the halves, a great goal kicker and a natural footballer.

#boardincrises

You betcha it is. Needs a Bloody Clean Out. Too many egos and the same people running Management for too long !
 
Harry said:
The Wheel said:
Great news thanks for the effort Rory!

Bloody shame his talented son was cut from the juniors. Another local kid gone ! Would have been great in the halves, a great goal kicker and a natural footballer.
You're a liar
Rory lives out Campbeltown way not real local
 
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
The Wheel said:
Great news thanks for the effort Rory!

Bloody shame his talented son was cut from the juniors. Another local kid gone ! Would have been great in the halves, a great goal kicker and a natural footballer.

#boardincrises

You betcha it is. Needs a Bloody Clean Out. Too many egos and the same people running Management for too long !

@Harry

You need an education as to the Board(s) mate, the board I was mentioning is the Football Club board, who are in very good shape and exceptionally harmonious.

Then there's the Sea Eagles board !!

Now which one were you referring to??
 
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
The Wheel said:
Great news thanks for the effort Rory!

Bloody shame his talented son was cut from the juniors. Another local kid gone ! Would have been great in the halves, a great goal kicker and a natural footballer.

#boardincrises

You betcha it is. Needs a Bloody Clean Out. Too many egos and the same people running Management for too long !

@Harry

You need an education as to the Board(s) mate, the board I was mentioning is the Football Club board, who are in very good shape and exceptionally harmonious.

Then there's the Sea Eagles board !!

Now which one were you referring to??

The Sea Eagles one mate
 
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Bloody shame his talented son was cut from the juniors. Another local kid gone ! Would have been great in the halves, a great goal kicker and a natural footballer.

#boardincrises

You betcha it is. Needs a Bloody Clean Out. Too many egos and the same people running Management for too long !

@Harry

You need an education as to the Board(s) mate, the board I was mentioning is the Football Club board, who are in very good shape and exceptionally harmonious.

Then there's the Sea Eagles board !!

Now which one were you referring to??

The Sea Eagles one mate

That's good BUT your comment appeared straight after me saying how good the board was going. Maybe next time qualify your statement, but all good and have a nice off season day!
 
Mark from Brisbane said:
And I heard that Bob has cancelled all the cucumber sandwiches at get togethers now opting for the far cheaper party pies and little boys.

Good to see our dollars not being frittered away on top notch sanga's!!

That doesn't sound like the aristocratic Vidmar I know!!!!!





(and have never met)



:angel:
 
globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
And I heard that Bob has cancelled all the cucumber sandwiches at get togethers now opting for the far cheaper party pies and little boys.

Good to see our dollars not being frittered away on top notch sanga's!!

That doesn't sound like the aristocratic Vidmar I know!!!!!





(and have never met)



:angel:

I'd be surprised if they got more than a cup of tea/coffee at board meetings now, Bob is all about building up the cash reserves!
 
That's a really strong appointment. Apart from being a great footy player, Mal has a strong administrative background with the PSA, the police force and is on the NRL judiciary.

Good quals for appointment from the Football Club Board to the Sea Eagle Board I would think.
 
Shoe1 said:
That's a really strong appointment. Apart from being a great footy player, Mal has a strong administrative background with the PSA, the police force and is on the NRL judiciary.

Good quals for appointment from the Football Club Board to the Sea Eagle Board I would think.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the aim.

And remember this is a mid election appointment rather than an election, so you can bet they would have that in mind.
 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
11 5 6 -12 10
11 4 6 -7 9
10 3 7 -103 8
10 2 8 -81 6
10 2 8 -91 6
10 1 9 -186 4
Back
Top Bottom