Pathetic press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know he is not all that popular around here, but I would bring in Flanagan for 2022. This year is a write off so just hand the reigns to someone like Chad Randall for the rest of the year.
It’s tough because there aren’t a lot of options around. I’d love Fitzgibbon but doubt he would think twice about us.

It’s tough because there aren’t a lot of options around. I’d love Fitzgibbon but doubt he would think twice about us.
Anyone will do better than Des. The players are not playing for him. Our culture looks awful. Players don't even look like they like each other. Not sure what's happened. But there's serious issues to get pumped four times without trying. 50% completion rates.. in all my time of watching league. Never seen it. It's almost like they are doing it in purpose...

Susan and plenty of others are adamant the coach is the problem. In these situations usually either the coach has to go or some sizeable shakeup of the playing group. Not usually both at once.
At Manly right now it is quite clear we need a fair re-jig of the playing group. We have some great talent but not a good mix, weak in too many areas, 'top heavy'.
The decision by the club last week - knowing full well the situation we are in - would appear to mean we have given the job of rebuilding to Des. With a time limit.
The speed with which AFB's departure was signed off makes me think Des may be older but he is no less ruthless than ever.
Some significant changes will come. Meanwhile he is doing what Des does to provide an environment where that change can eventually turn things around. I really don't think this is a case where shuffling deck chairs will make a difference.
In any case injuries will mean all our half decent youngsters will get a run before very long.
This will be a tough season, I'm going to try to ride it out and keep my eye out for signs the tide is turning. Personally I think that will come sooner than many others here obviously believe, but time will tell no doubt!

Susan and plenty of others are adamant the coach is the problem. In these situations usually either the coach has to go or some sizeable shakeup of the playing group. Not usually both at once.
At Manly right now it is quite clear we need a fair re-jig of the playing group. We have some great talent but not a good mix, weak in too many areas, 'top heavy'.
The decision by the club last week - knowing full well the situation we are in - would appear to mean we have given the job of rebuilding to Des. With a time limit.
The speed with which AFB's departure was signed off makes me think Des may be older but he is no less ruthless than ever.
Some significant changes will come. Meanwhile he is doing what Des does to provide an environment where that change can eventually turn things around. I really don't think this is a case where shuffling deck chairs will make a difference.
In any case injuries will mean all our half decent youngsters will get a run before very long.
This will be a tough season, I'm going to try to ride it out and keep my eye out for signs the tide is turning. Personally I think that will come sooner than many others here obviously believe, but time will tell no doubt!
There has to be a reason why players that represent Australia are struggling. I agree that it comes down to coaching and direction. I have always been a fan of Des but it seems his methods are no longer relevant in the changing face of today's game.

He seems confused and foggy when interviewed and if we find his communicative means difficult to comprehend, you can bet the players do too. He just does not seem 'with it' anymore. I've also heard the players are mentally spent. Things worked for a while when he first came on board because we needed some structure and discipline after the Barrett era that was high on autonomy. However, it seems we've gone too far the other way and the rigid systems have worn everyone out.

Pair that with no 9 and no 1 (two crucial positions) and you can see why were are 0-4 to start the year.

We have been all front and bullshiit for years now. Ever since the Gladstone game we have been slowly deteriorating and now its hit an all time low. No clear decisions anymore and nothing concrete. But wait there's more.

There has to be a reason why players that represent Australia are struggling. I agree that it comes down to coaching and direction. I have always been a fan of Des but it seems his methods are no longer relevant in the changing face of today's game.

He seems confused and foggy when interviewed and if we find his communicative means difficult to comprehend, you can bet the players do too. He just does not seem 'with it' anymore. I've also heard the players are mentally spent. Things worked for a while when he first came on board because we needed some structure and discipline after the Barrett era that was high on autonomy. However, it seems we've gone too far the other way and the rigid systems have worn everyone out.

Pair that with no 9 and no 1 (two crucial positions) and you can see why were are 0-4 to start the year.
Probably can not underestimate the importance of a good and functional 9 and probing full back . Look at the difference Cust made when he initially came on and have not got value out of Walker at the back even though he is still a good natural footy player but Tom at his best just puts so much pressure on opposition's defensive lines . . Wish they could get their unforced error rate down [ must be some inherent problem there ] , that is really doing some damage and especially against the better drilled and strong attacking sides . Why they can not improve that exposed left edge after so many matches now is hard to come to terms with also . and really do not think that Boyle was the answer last night ] ] Surely by now there should be some heightened communication and better numbering off by now , does Cheery just switch off sometime on that side or is Garrick not able to read numbers from the outside . No doubt sometimes do underestimate the importance of a strong spine and certainly wish that Manly had a complete one now . The props still seem to be their doing their job with good go forward , the attack after that continues to be very ordinary to say the least . A coaching issue , ? maybe but must be some underlying problem

Not a general whinging session but forgot to mention how much hitting and then not sticking in defence has been occurring since mid last season or so , Of course used to be such a notable feature of many Manly era and successful sides and certainly even in 2019 and with serious and gritty defence , and really should be no excuse for the below par defensive level by many in the side over the past 18 months or so Even allowing for a faster game now Admittedly scrambled well on a couple of occasions last night but only after some bad defensive lapses initially [ and unfortunately also some miss directed kicking .]

Look the presser was horse**** blaming injuries Boyle a plodder as is Suli.
He forgotten to coach he too risks with kids in early days as there was no other option. Why not take a punt on them surely enough is enough

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10