Paul Kent in trouble again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The relevant info being:

About 6.45pm on Sunday a 35-year-old man walked into Balmain police station where he was arrested and taken to Newtown police station.

He was charged with affray and granted conditional bail, to appear before the Downing Centre Local Court on June 7.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

And if old mate was charged, you can bet (responsibly, of course) that Kenty will be charged as well. That's assuming he doesn't send out a decoy and flee via a back lane…

You're sacking him for THAT, mate ? Wouldn't even rate as a scuffle in my books.

Handbags at 30 paces haha.

Agree, the fight was a joke. However Kent is a public figure and it does not give a good look at any level. All broadcast around the world on video.

Dont forget he has a clean slate and if not charged he wont be sacked. Maybe paid out if they want him gone.
The issue I see with Kent and Fox moving forward, is the integrity (or lack thereof) of his opinions around controversies in the game. Given NRL360 almost exclusively functions off the back of said controversies, Kent's position on such matters is compromised. He can no longer take the 'moral high ground' without looking like a hypocrite. Below is article where Kent accused Penrith of a lack of class and humility. I wonder what his thoughts are on the irony of his own 'dog' remarks and the 'class' that was on display in the gutter the other night?

Take for example, this article:

NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent has blasted Panthers young gun Jaeman Salmon, coach Ivan Cleary and the club’s overall “lack of class and humility”.

Kent went after the reigning premiers after Salmon screamed “weak-gutted dog” towards the Canberra crowd after scoring in their thumping win on Friday night.

Watching the video I would say there is a strong chance he will also get charged by Police with Affray. Will be interesting to see how he then pleads. Just from the Video, I don't think there is any doubt about affray so his best shot might be to plead Guilty but with mitigating circumstances around Incitement and Provocation. Something must have triggered that over-the-top response from him you would think. If that defence holds up, then the Magistrate would likely not record a conviction. He lives to fight another day!!! Will be interesting to see this second Kent saga unfold.

Once upon a time, slavery was legal and cavemen were cannibals, but I like to think we've come a long way since then...
Not really Leonard, it's just hidden behind capitalism and a tiered nation state system designed to incite covetous desires.

I think if you look at the way the stadium for the previous soccer world cup was built you might change your mind. Or even here in Australia how our south east Asian workforce are used in the 'massage' profession, not to mention the cleaning and hospitality bed turning industry.

Also I think you'll find it was mostly Neanderthals preying on (modern) humans, but I get your point, just not as eloquently made as your usual missives.

Infact I'd take my chances in a seventies or eighties pub fight over the modern version where once a man was down it was done, rather than the UFC inspired equivalent today.

Having personally seen two deaths whilst working inflicted by animals with no ethical code, in the hospitality sector, I'd say things in this sphere have been deteriorating morally.

Which is probably why I'm so incensed that someone on this group typed and confirmed that they respected the 35 year old Tate wannabe for not laying the boot into a downed opponent, thinking that would 'farm some clout' on this site.

Nothing against you, love the input thus far and the moniker, just hate seeing this place become a rabbid mob.

Kent was stupid, petty and wrong, and embarrassingly handled for someone who claims to be a knowledgeable pugilist.

But imagine confronting in person the **** he has on this site (by moral grandstanders who were ultimately proven wrong, insulent, petty and vindictive - and effectively social justice virtue signallers) in real life.

Hypocrisy thy name is fragile egos and herd mentality.

I empathise with the bloke. He didn't have the endorsement or collective good will, or should I put it - he plays for my team so he must be a good bloke - defences players going through the same thing have. Nor did he have the physical stature, consistent proximity of teammates in most usual social situations like this, or the support of security ordered by venue managers so enamored with the celebrity cache of an NRL posse in their premises, that yobbos on the street reconsidered publicly challenging non on field offenders. Are you going to go up to AFB on the street?(who plead guilty to his offences).

Nah probs just save it for the keyboard.

This place used to be better, but I guess so did all of social media.

Most of his detractors on here are likely Ray Hadley listeners who revel in authoritarian grandstanding but turn to water when something they have a barely tenuous association with, in a football team, or the players therein, are criticized.

Keep up the good work @LeonardCohen,

This place, and society need more like you and fewer perfect hyenas.

Got a sneaking suspicion the Telegraph and to a lesser extent Fox may actually be silently happy with this so long as there is no conviction. Kents role is to be a polarising figure that generates clicks. This kind of controversy makes him even better click bait.

For anyone that has a problem with him the only recourse is to ignore him. Anything else, positive or negative only fuels the machine.

Way too many drinks in him, but even with the Dutch courage I'd love to know how he thought he was going to come out of that in good shape.
Shame about Kenty, just a drunk angry fart. Wonder if he can get his old undertaking job back again.

I think this is what brings the likes of Kenty and Chris Smith (2GB) undone...they spend their careers pointing the finger at everyone else, so when they mess up, the public is less inclined to sympathise.
Yet they serve a role in society that few dare to embody and are rewarded handsomely.

The same homonculi criticising this barely mentionable (considering the recent church and shopping centre stabbings in the city) Saturday night dust up would be the same silently cheering him if his episode tonight came out and he said DCE and OLa should get off compared to Milne or Sivo.

They all want a mouthpiece for the things they aren't articulate or inspired enough to proffer themselves, with the added insulation of being able to turn on said mouthpiece when the herd decides the winds have changed. Braith ain't causing controversy, infact noone attacks the NRL out of fear in the media. Fear the broadcast rights will be revoked, or fear the clubs might ban them from player access.

Kent shows courage you'll all lament in ten years, in his reporting, and commentating when big brother Annesley is telling you how you must think. Some of you don't have the common sense to see how infected you really are, needing to make a comment for likes for a dopamine hit and a sense of inclusion.

The dudes not Alex jones, but his grasp on the game and understanding of its machinations truly show up the 'supporters' from the fans.

Especially given the thousands who marched this weekend to highlight domestic violence, his drunken brawl dredges up the time he was accused and said he wasn't violent, then the video of him being a violent fool hits the headlines. No denying it this time.
That's the most incorrect thing I've read on this site. You are tap dancing around a thread of a thought you might think promotes you socially without considering the facts young fella.

Way to conflate a horrible recent death and understandable societal reaction with a court case that proved a woman broke into an ex partners home and tried to steal his phone.

Do better mate. Real friends are better than forum friends.

Part of that tree rubbed off on Kent.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429_093911_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_093911_Chrome.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 7
On a Compassionate Perspective ...
It is very sad that Adults can act this way
Some cant help them selves and they should get professional help
Other wise they will hit Rock Bottom or In Kents case a Tree

Any 'pub' on a Saturday night in Sydney would have a duty of care to its patrons to have security staff working.
I understand with what you are saying about pub security and duty of care feathered friend .
IMO Adults are not babies any more and are accountable of being able to wipe their own arses
1714356306147.png

I understand with what you are saying about pub security and duty of care feathered friend .
IMO Adults are not babies any more and are accountable of being able to wipe their own arses
View attachment 26875
Mate I worked, not on the door but with the blokes who made pubs safe for women and daters, and general public and I know people hate pokies in pubs but this is what made them accessible, friendly and convivial. The fact these places have money to put back into the place and make it a more attractive venue. At the expense of gambling addicts I'll admit, but the public has a better time not admitting this than they'd like.

Ive seen a couple of blokes knocked out in fights I or my security team couldn't get to who cracked their heads on a pavement and never came back, have been the resultant person whose employment and the success of their venue has been required to attend horrific court cases.

I always thought just get in there and swing, not that I've ever really done that much, I'm a lover not a fighter but I also grew up where reputations can be built in a small town (I'm talking about going to a Smalltown country pub where the local pisshead wanna be tough man is always psychoticly looking at you like you're the reason for his situation, but he's going out to fight.

That's what some of these people do, they drink enough until the Dutch Courage tells them they're a straight up murderer, and then people with a slightly lower BJJ belt or none at all crack them in the temple and the BJJ goes out of the window. Cause you're stupefied on the ground. And then someone kicks your head into a gutter and people with limited life skills and a massive need to be accepted by a rugby league forum says 'good on him for not kicking him while he is down' trying to make themselves a 'Silvertails like getter, who knows maybe he will even get a Trophy!!!'

But brain matter on a gutter with a jaw that looks like a moray eel and trying to shield all your workers from seeing it isn't a fun time Silvertail's. Just think a bit more and don't react.

And here I was thinking he may of learnt a lesson. But no, he is just a stupid old drunken journo, with a big mouth. Doing what he bags players for every week. Enjoy the funeral game again Kenty, that industry is known to be full of drunks.... And weren't there rumours that he could fight????? Another failure on his resume
May have champ. That's not an autocorrect accident, it's ignorance. Why attack someone you don't know? It's like me attacking Oscar the Grouch.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10