Paying to post

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jokes aside Ryan, it was very hard for short people to see the game on the hill. We had kids behind us who couldn't see as there was standing room only and they just weren't tall enough till we found them a spot with 'shorties around.
Mean CW! :)

You are all forgetting the one huge thing you get with the Screaming Eagle membership, and I know it is close to Dan's heart, and thst is the Screaming Eagle CAP. Now that is $40 well spent!

I actually don't have a problem with what they are doing but do understand how many are unhappy with it. This is probably because I have been shelling out for years and see anything in the membership area as a donation. I don't want my club to fold and will give something for that to happen.

I do think the on-line session with Des, Noel or players is an excellent suggestion from fLIP and is in the value-add area.

I felt the same way when you were complaining about driving 80k's up the road to watch manly's moved home game.

The fact is, there are certain circumstances that effect different people but in the grand scheme of things no internet forum is going to be a defining factor in whether someone becomes a club member. Not when you can get what I consider to be better for absolutly no charge at all.

Your facts are incorrect Flip, I live 5 minutes from Blutongue Satdium. We travel 80kms to go to Brookvale.

Absolutely I did, not only on forums but also personally to Grant Mayer. I respect the reasons why the club did it and will continue to do it but I won't and I will never accept the fact that we should play home games away from Brookvale.

I am passionate about Brookvale and those that attended on Saturday night would attest to if we want every advantage for our team to win then we should always play at Brookvale.

The money will be used to buy an all you can eat buffet just a short office chair's roll from the server.

ha ha. Still using our proposal as a template I see. I wonder what else we can teach them?

Funny how that thing keeps resurfacing after two years and a change of CEO. I wonder how that happens? 8)

The money will be used to buy an all you can eat buffet just a short office chair's roll from the server.

To be honest Flip, there have been some mighty strides made with the website and communications to members in the past two years.

I personally think it is time to acknowledge that Aaron has been able to bring a lot of cohesion and professionalism to that part of the club's business.

Quite possibly he has outdone the trio that made the alternate proposal because they would have only ever seen it as a part time commitment.

Consider: Dan has had two promotions since that proposal was made. I highly doubt he'd have hung around now that is earning potential is so much greater elsewhere.

Pitty 95% of fans won't be able to use its most popular feature soon though.

They can pay for it dumb schmuck. It will be the best thing that ever happened to the official forum!

Pitty 95% of fans won't be able to use its most popular feature soon though.

tbh there is only a small number who actually post anyway, there would be lots of lurkers and from what someone said before you can still lurk if you are not a paying member.

tbh there is only a small number who actually post anyway, there would be lots of lurkers and from what someone said before you can still lurk if you are not a paying member.

The point I was trying to make is that it doesn't seem like they thought very hard about what to offer in their memberships.

I made a point earlier that if they want to attract 'new' members then theres other things that could happen on the website that could be exclusive to members. Such as the chat session.

Whether people like it or not, not everyone wants to part with their money for nothing. There would be a number of people out there who are sitting on the fence, not becoming a member for what ever reason. The membership needs to have something in it that will entice those people to think that a membership is worth forking out the money. I don't think a website forum is one of those things when they are a dime a dozen.

Its like a car company telling me if I buy one of their cars I can use the piece of road out the front of their lot. Why do I need to? I don't, theres plenty of roads elsewhere that I don't need to fork out for. Its not going to be a defining factor in me buying a car, theres so many other things they could have just thought a little harder about to attracted new members.

If someone saw that they get to fire questions to players or coaches for half an hour a week then thats something you can't get anywhere else. It appears more valuable but with no extra cost to the club.

Fair enough, I don't care if they want to charge for it, it won't bother me in the slightest. I don't use the website and I will be getting my 2008 membership shortly.

It just appears tacked on through lack of effort.

I'd like to see what sort of effort they'll the placing in the "screaming eagles" supporter group.

Looks to me as though the club is doing away with simple old fashioned "good will".

good will assumes that customer pay Byso. Goodwill is a non current asset.

Non Paying customers is an expense in the Profit and Loss.

Actually, if non paying fans aren't a $$$ outlay, you could assume they are a non current liability - probably a provision.

good·will also good will
n.
1.An attitude of kindness or friendliness; benevolence.
Cheerful acquiescence or willingness.

2.A good relationship, as of a business with its customers or a nation with other nations.
3.The positive reputation of a business viewed as an asset, equal to the excess cost required to acquire the business over the fair market value of all other assets.

Membership of a club should bring monetary rewards full stop. Consider the rewards offered for movie clubs. The footie club should discount members and have a stamping system when they book online. Every game paid for nets a discount and a free game admission for five attendances. Crowds up and everyone is happy. I'd forgo a cap for dollars saved and really, how many sites can one go to. This one's good enough so why go to another to say the same thing?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6