Penn reveals emotionaly draining rebuild

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon the penn hate a thon can get a bit silly at times and this is an example. The penns are life long manly supporters who stump up cash and time to help a club that needs a lot of help. I can not imagine for one minute they dont understand the fabric of the joint, the history and i bet they grew up adoring, the tooves, but the club was at war from within. That **** erodes memories pretty quickly

Tooves was a casualty of the war and that was everyones doing. Cant imagine the penns, or zorba or any side is happy or proud about that

He saw out the season, he was paid. Still not great to see him go but in todays NRL , that is a rarity without court intervention

Amazing how he withstood that withering onslaught of political barrow pushing. It must have been horrible for someone like him, so unaccustomed to Machiavellian power plays as he is. In all seriousness they should make Scott a life member of MWSE, he has performed above and beyond this last 12months.

I reckon the penn hate a thon can get a bit silly at times and this is an example. The penns are life long manly supporters who stump up cash and time to help a club that needs a lot of help. I can not imagine for one minute they dont understand the fabric of the joint, the history and i bet they grew up adoring, the tooves, but the club was at war from within. That **** erodes memories pretty quickly

Tooves was a casualty of the war and that was everyones doing. Cant imagine the penns, or zorba or any side is happy or proud about that

He saw out the season, he was paid. Still not great to see him go but in todays NRL , that is a rarity without court intervention

Good post. Despite their faults not sure where we would b without them!

I think that I'm gonna cry...
Sad to say, as a fan since the early 60's, Manly just aint Manly any more!

The colours are the same, and the name is (sort of) the same, and they play some "home" games at Brookie...
This is just the NFL in Australia - where clubs no longer exist and franchises rule supreme.

I love league, so i guess that I have to follow a team, so I guess that my team is still wearing the same colours that guys like Les Batty wore way back when - that I will follow.

I need another drink!

(btw - he still needs a shave)

Last edited:

Maybe one other reason Toovey went early was they felt that with Killer and Snake not getting any younger and the Turbos and Knight coming through, they couldn't afford to wait another year to reconstruct a winning side around these blokes, and that included rebuilding the coaching staff.

Toovey was ZtC's pound of flesh.

Seeing Toovey at the AGM and seeing him show his passion for our club and at no stage slag off the owners for the decisions and treatment he copped showed me that Toovey really believes the club is bigger than any individual.

I get the feeling that the fire in the man is burning and in the words of a famous Jedi knight once said to his adversary, "You cant win Darth, strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can ever imagine" Toovey is going to be at the helm of our club one day because he understands what the values of this club mean.

I haven't been impressed with the whole penn/zorba treatment of tooves, the football club and contracted players.
BUT as I have stated previously, the success of this club comes first.
I am impressed with player recruitment, and looking forward to another decade of dominance!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2