Game Day: Penrith v Manly [Round 12, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lost in attack, which wouldn't be so bad if we weren't also lost in defence. Some big holes opening up in the defensive line, look very vulnerable to a change in angle or quick-stepping half.

It's effort and intensity. , That's the issue. It's effort. We are looking like lazy slobs.

What did they say on Fox? Padestrian, and lacking in effort.

Lose. Fine. But lose while ripping in. The past 2 weeks, they just don't care.

Listening to the wrong commentators mate. Sterlo describes it as entertaining with both teams missing key players.

Not 1 good kick all half... Maloney is a good player he will lead them to victory. Our halves and hooker are playing like ass. Walker needs more ball... we dont look like we have any plays whatsoever or real direction. Hmmm we might not even score unless we start kicking better

Your emotions cloud your judgement, we are lacking the control that a top tier half like dce brings to a team. Nothing to do with being lazy.
I agree but they are without their number 7 also.
We just look like a very lost team tonight

Your emotions cloud your judgement, we are lacking the control that a top tier half like dce brings to a team. Nothing to do with being lazy.
So are all the commentators (who have played the game, and origin ) also wrong, and are their emotions clouding their judgement too ?

I don’t understand why we have 3 fresh troops sitting on the bench, hopefully that may provide some momentum second half

Mentioned this a couple of times already, it is absolutely absurd that we have a Dally m centre of the year getting absolutely zero early quality ball while we send all our attack to guy playing his 1st nrl game at centre with the 3 game winger beside him, off a fast play of the ball our immediate option should be heading to the left running something through Thompson and Walker

Cust played a solid debut but has looked out of his depth the last game and a half

Api has to play 80mins, Fainu or even Api into the halves with Cade, nothing lateral until the back end of the second half, grind away to get within a try then play a little more.

Api has looked dangerous through the middle when he is sharp and probing and could be dangerous off second phase when fatigue kicks in.

If Des is not confident with Fainu lasting 40mins persist with Elgey for 10mins and hope we snag a try then get Elgey off for a 30min burst.

Walker to play more central pushing through the ruck off quick play the balls playing fast and direct, he is not going to receive quality ball out wide so go looking for it through the middle.

The team is not on tonight. Lacking any attacking spark apart from Api. AFB making good metres. Walker trying hard but no x-factor from the team. They don't look like scoring at all. Des needs to rip off a door.
I kind of expected this tonight. We miss Jake big time.

So, Dylan Walker is our best attacking weapon, and we keep going the other way. Why?
We should be attacking their LHS as 2 of the Riff have 6 games between them.

But LG is not smart enough in attack and a turnstile in defense :confused:

Miski is also running in, instead of running at the 2 young defenders :cool:

Cade cust looks a little too casual, its great that he is not over awed by the occasion but he needs to seriously step it up a gear and stop looking at refs and whinging. He has the skills but he needs to get more of the hard graft. Elgey is creating and organising nothing. API is a waste of time at hooker, his service from dummy half is so bad thank god Fainu is coming through. Don't know what is going on with Thommo but he has been carrying on like a dick for a couple of weeks now, needs to be more mature and set an example for the other blokes not running around and mouthing off. AFB was on for too long hope that doesn't effect his 2nd half minutes because we will need them.

Jesus I cant listen to Yvonne Sampson dissect a game she is an absolute idiot.

I've got to name and shame Kapow and AFB. When they are on they are the best props in the comp. But again this week they just aren't interested in running straight and hard and getting a quick play of the ball. We have two props who want to be the half back this week.

Lack of Effort and intensity since the kick off.

Not what I was expecting this week.

As gusty as we were for a while, its been bloody frustrating waiting half the year to try and get our full team out there. Main problem thou is no contrlol without dce.

I can’t call them out for lack of effort, based on the way they have defended the tryline when Penrith are down there

There are putting in 100% defensively, but the attack is very stunted which is makes it become hesitant which looks like lack of effort, where it is more indecisive

Just can’t see any points in us. Only break was Elliott early in the game. Elgey clearly not a halves option. Cust having a go. Only hope really is getting Fainu out there to create something different.

Out enthused is what they are saying at half time on Fox. Not sure why STILL, people are excusing it. Call it for what it is. ****.

This would be happening with DCE and Turbo. Our forwards are rubbish. Waddell and Gosiewski cant get any post contact meters. Offloads non existent. Is Sironen and Thompson even playing???
Dude Siro has been trying his ass off. The rest not so much.. we have low energy and the pennys are full of it. Api had 1 good run and the halves are very bad. We had 1 good offload and it made us meters. 2nd phase will win this if we use it. Waddell has a great offload but hes not using it.. he is also not a starting forward like you said no post contact meters.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8