Personal Try Tones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great idea!

They're starting to do this with some of the other sports to liven them up. This could be a good thing to get the crowd more involved.

codewana said:
Regarding the legality of playing music: I thought you were allowed to use a short sample of a song but only a certain length. Surely you could just use the itunes sample for each song?

There is, but it's a bit here and there and depends largely on how many people it's heard by. Eg a small shop can buy a very cheap annual license to play radio / cd's in the store using full songs etc. larger audiences are a different story.. there are ways around like, like you see songs on commercials that are ever so slightly different to the original, but you know the song. i think that would ruin the vibe of it though.

For something played in such a commercial environment to thousands of people at the ground, then potential for it to be heard over the tv broadcast, the publishers of the music would be going after the club like a dog on heat.

I really love the idea, if done right would really create a great atmosphere, just in this day and age with the music industry changing hugely with the rise of downloading, the fat cats want to milk for every cent they can get, making it that little bit harder to get a good deal, so it could be a tricky process, even though it should be the publishers banging the club's door down to get their songs incorporated in it etc as it's a huge exposure opportunity, and could lead to things like CD compilations with each players track on it and sold at games / online to members etc..

it'd be worth at least looking into anyway i reckon. could get lucky.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
codewana said:
Regarding the legality of playing music: I thought you were allowed to use a short sample of a song but only a certain length. Surely you could just use the itunes sample for each song?

could lead to things like CD compilations with each players track on it and sold at games / online to members etc..

Surely this is the definition of marketing genius!

I do like Pyscho Killer for Jamie but what about the old classic "Lion Sleeps Tonight"

Imagine the crowd at Brookie singing along

Ee-e-e-um-um-a-weh
Ee-e-e-um-um-a-weh

Wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh.......

Hoppa could be "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi.

Someone mentioned this in another thread. Why do we play music when the opposition scores? If it's a rule then fair enough but surely celebrating an opponents try is stoopid! I reckon when the visiting team get a no try from the video ref the bom-bow sound from family fued should sound too!

Fonz said:
I reckon when the visiting team get a no try from the video ref the bom-bow sound from family fued should sound too!

I can just see Scotty Cam as ground announcer with his sound effects machine.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8