Philladelphia Eagles hit of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
The Eagles are having a great season so far. Desean Jackson scored a scintillating TD to start the game but he gets hammered here. The Eagles smashed the Falcons 31 - 17  but have a look at this hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmsAdwm7LHQ&feature=related

That's an awesome hit, isn't it?  My 11 year old has been ambivalent about NFL until he saw that.  His reaction was somewhat more enthusiastic than that of his mother.

Poor Desean, the guy is seriously tiny & that would've near killed him. I didn't expect him to get back up when watching the game.

Eagles were reporting earlier in the week that he has memory loss & still has difficulty moving his neck so I can't see him playing against the Titans, thank god for Jeremy Maclin.

I don't believe it was intentional from Dunta Robinson but he'll cop a slap on the wrist at the very least for the hit, they are really cracking down on defensive players leading with the helmet.

Btw Mick, Djax had scored 2 TDs at that point ;)

Edit- NFL has fined Dunta 50k for the hit

Yeah it's very rough for an unintentional hit. I can understand the NFL wanting to make an example of someone but it wasn't the right situation for it.

The cut block into the back of Brandon Graham by the falcons o-linesman was far worse IMO.

That hit is legal in Rugby League. Man up :)

but that was a huge hit

I can't believe the commentators wanting to get rid of that play. Great hit and looked fine to me. Yes it hurt but don't throw it to a receiver where he is being lined up like that.

ManlyBacker link said:
I can't believe the commentators wanting to get rid of that play. Great hit and looked fine to me. Yes it hurt but don't throw it to a receiver where he is being lined up like that.

The problem isn't so much the hit itself but rather how he lead into the tackle with his helmet. It's a dangerous way to tackle for not just the receiver but the defender as well.

I don't agree with how the NFL is going about it but something needs to be done to protect players to some extent.

For those who think the Dunta Robinson penalty was excessive, Kevin Kolb (Eagles QB) has been fined for a horse collar' tackle for the stop he made on the runback after he threw his only pick.

So watch out Tennessee, Kolb is a natural born killer. Michael Vick kills dogs, Kolb kills CBs.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2