Player Confesses to Teammates.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Susan, this witch hunt is being carried out (maybe) by the same incompetant fools who let it get to this stage....ASADA...WADA...ACC...not new departments.....If there is this massive problem (and I still doubt it)...all these gooses should be sacked.

Is regular, thorough testing carried out in all grades? I often wonder how some players are killing it in the lower grades for a few years, and then seem to hit a wall once given a chance in the NRL. There is no way I'm going to mention any names, but I wonder if the testing of players is more concentrated on the NRL players, and not so much with the teens. Anyone that hits the gym these days will find it VERY easy to obtain an "edge". Teenagers are a very easy target for some people that are "willing to give them an edge".

I must say the bit that worries me is the "The old boys club" (said in a general sense) will largely be happy if this is just swept under the carpet, and I don't think we can see that happen.

I too think the Government has handled this abysmally BUT "where there's smoke there's fire" and if this does nothing other than scare the living ****e out of those getting high every weekend by introducing better checks and "integrity officers" making sure they are doing things to the letter of the law then that will be a good outcome.

A disasterous outcome would be "150 players banned for 4 years".

I did mention last week the idea of a "line in the sand and start afresh", I don't know if that could gain legs but it would certainly be better for the game than the comment directly above this paragraph!!

By all means Frogs.But those are side issues.Find out what is going on is the only real issue.If it is a small problem then let the recriminations begin.
Until then lets just let them get on with it and watch the Eagles tear SBW a new one.Im flying down to watch us beat up on Bennys Bunglers in Round 2 and cant wait.My young daughters first trip to brookie in a Manly jersey.Now thats what it is all about.

susan said:
Until then lets just let them get on with it and watch the Eagles tear SBW a new one.Im flying down to watch us beat up on Bennys Bunglers in Round 2 and cant wait.My young daughters first trip to brookie in a Manly jersey.Now thats what it is all about.

As I said, lets get back to the footy!!

zambuck said:
On Wednesday morning i heard on ABC news that dear Kate's department had a 15million dollar funding cut in the budget and is not happy. so she has used asada as a tool to say hey we are doing something so we want a funding increase and that her own team advised her not to go public with anything until they had 100% proof and not conjecture but she still went ahead so she can put pressure on the treasurer to give them back the 15 mill. I have been around teams as a first aid officer for 40 years and i have never seen a doctor or any official encourage any one to take banned substances and assure all of you our club has always been beyond reproach on this subject. Not that some players have never taken recreation drugs in private as some have which is documented but our club has never condoned it. to me this whole subject stinks of a political agenda and should be treated with contempt and all clubs should band together and sue the living daylights out of those that will not show their evidence and name people, show it or stow it. sorry for the rant guys and gals but this really peves me off.
manly forever we will win it in 2013

And the ACC is also under pressure at the moment because their performance since Lawler took the reins has been ordinary with very few sucess'.

WAMF said:
Nthn NSW said:
c eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:
susan said:
Wicks was jailed wasnt he?Not sure.

In Grafton Gaol as we speak I believe. Chris Houston got off though.
Not in grafton any more as its been shut down
Glen Innes now

Don't know about Glen but gee Craig was a top buy!

Haha not bad!

I find it a bit of a coincidence that the ACC inquiry started after the Wicks case.Rumour has it there was a couple of big names mentioned in the Wicks phone taps.

TBH Matty (Just line up Boys) Johns & Mark (Where's there smoke there's Geyer) Geyer should have nothing to say about any problem in league. As for Joey he came out and told the media he was never caught and would have never got caught.

Another story doing the rounds is that another player (not the one allegedly confessing to team mates) spent several hours with his manager and a solicitor. Speculation is he could be preparing a statement of guilt. Player has been injured alot in the last few years. Could be the reason for using the talked about substance. ???

What's more interesting in all this is the public reaction. The demand for immediacy. It's like people (media addicts) are addicted to adrenalin.

If we can't get the final ultimate answer to everything this very instant, then who's to blame?

When a three year old acted like that we used to giggle at their immaturity and impatience. Seems there's a lot more to giggle at these days.

Rex said:
What's more interesting in all this is the public reaction. The demand for immediacy. It's like people (media addicts) are addicted to adrenalin.

If we can't get the final ultimate answer to everything this very instant, then who's to blame?

When a three year old acted like that we used to giggle at their immaturity and impatience. Seems there's a lot more to giggle at these days.

I'd rather hear it now and have it over before season start, than have a few players outed halfway through the season to have Manly's season or NSW's origin performance destabilised.

That being worst case and a Manly player is involved in the first place.

The Cowboys have not been cleared, as they had claimed.

''At no point has ASADA indicated to clubs or players that individuals are cleared of any wrongdoing, or that teams have no case to answer. ASADA welcomes the ongoing commitment expressed by the sports and clubs to fully co-operate with its investigation.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/asada-cowboys-are-not-cleared-20130214-2eg07.html

However in a new twist, the same article revealed a bizarre allegation about Dank's past:

"The six NRL clubs believe they are under investigation because of links with Dank, who worked for Manly from 2006 to 2010 and was a consultant at Cronulla in 2011.

He also met twice in 2011 with former Penrith coach Matthew Elliott, who told reporters at Warriors training in New Zealand that he had known Dank since his playing days at St George in 1992. It is understood that Dank was a masseuse at the Dragons."

Stephanie Dank??

Napper said:
Rex said:

I'd rather hear it now and have it over before season start, than have a few players outed halfway through the season to have Manly's season or NSW's origin performance destabilised.

That being worst case and a Manly player is involved in the first place.

And I'd rather win the lottery, but this is not about what we'd rather.

Every time anyone buys illegal drugs, for instance, that person is directly funding and expanding criminal activity. We can take a myopic self-interested view on what's happening, or realise that we're all in this together.

And sometimes our narrow self-interest may need to take a hit for the team.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The Cowboys have not been cleared, as they had claimed.

''At no point has ASADA indicated to clubs or players that individuals are cleared of any wrongdoing, or that teams have no case to answer. ASADA welcomes the ongoing commitment expressed by the sports and clubs to fully co-operate with its investigation.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/asada-cowboys-are-not-cleared-20130214-2eg07.html

However in a new twist, the same article revealed a bizarre allegation about Dank's past:

"The six NRL clubs believe they are under investigation because of links with Dank, who worked for Manly from 2006 to 2010 and was a consultant at Cronulla in 2011.

He also met twice in 2011 with former Penrith coach Matthew Elliott, who told reporters at Warriors training in New Zealand that he had known Dank since his playing days at St George in 1992. It is understood that Dank was a masseuse at the Dragons."

Stephanie Dank??

Beautiful

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8