Player Ratings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The morning after, taking the emotion out of it ... here are my player ratings for last night's loss.

Tom Trbojevic 2/10 - Tom's head just didn't seem to be in the game last night. He still got some decent stats in the end, but he kinda phoned that one in.

Jason Saab 5/10 - Two tries from the speedster, both utilising what he's there for - his height, and his speed. Wasn't that bad in defense when called upon.

Brad Parker 6/10 - Didn't get a lot of chances in attack, but as usual his defense was rock solid.

Morgan Harper 1/10 - The harder he tried, the worse things got for him. 5 errors that led directly to 5 Storm tries, and a hand in the 6th. Hopefully Des can keep his chin up because Morgan is a better player than that.

Reuben Garrick 4/10 - Hardly sighted other than the kick for Saab, the push in the back and when Turbo threw him a hospital pass. Most of the action was on the other side of the field.

Kieran Foran 5/10 - Foz never stopped trying, but he never really saw enough ball in attack to do much. Defense was about as expected.

Daly Cherry-Evans 4/10 - Better than given credit for last night, but like Foz just couldn't get into the game in attack as Melbourne were all over him when he had the ball. Needs to stop running out of the defensive line.

Josh Aloiai 1/10 - His best contribution was that his head proved harder than Brandon Smith's.

Karl Lawton 2/10 - Really didn't do much at all as the dummy half. Definitely seems more suited to a bench forward role. Yes, we missed Lachlan Croker. Defense in the middle was OK.

Martin Taupau 4/10 - Ran hard, but his sometimes poor handling unfortunately made an appearance last night.

Haumole Olakau'atu 6/10 - I thought he was one of our better forwards and he made some good runs.

Josh Schuster 2/10 - Not a good night for Shoe. Missed tackles dominated his stat line.

Jake Trbojevic 5/10 - Jake is Jake. He never stopped trying and 47 tackles says that. Little impact with the ball though. His best games come when he is running onto the ball. He was too flat footed last night.

Dylan Walker 8/10 - Easily our best player last night. Criticised in here for dying with the ball too much, but who was there to pass it too? He made good forward running metres, but our support play was almost non-existent. His defense was pretty good last night.

Sean Keppie 2/10 - Didn't see a lot of game time and really had little impact on the outcome.

Taniela Paseka 7/10 - Our best true forward last night, but almost played a lone hand.

Curtis Sironen 1/10 - Hardly sighted really. Unless Shoe is suspended, I think he might have played his last game for Manly because Croker should be back next week with Lawton back to the bench.

Collectively, out of a possible 170 points ... I gave us a total of 63, which unless my math is wrong is 22 below half. And that about sums up how we played really, well below our best.

Agree with most of that, but I think Parker and cherry were as much a non event as the others and did nothing to deserve their “better” rating.

I thought our gameplay was symptomatic of not been punished for the same errors in games that we won. A harder run in would’ve held us in better stead, as would players not reading and commenting on our their own press.

We didn’t look mentally up for it, which is a surprise for a des team

I don’t think Harper and Parker are a long term solution in the centres, unless they can evolve their game.

Not understanding people’s negative comments about Lawton. For a bloke that hasn’t played big minutes or started Hooker all year, all things considered he did a good job. Strong defensively, took a few runs from dummy half. The guy has been solid all year. You could tell he was gassed by the end of it, but I’m struggling to see why you rated him so poorly. We definitely missed Crocker though.

Bit harsh on Turbo. Hard for him to get in the game when the inside playmakers are crabbing across field and giving him absolutely nothing to work with. But he still wasn't good by his standards. Also laying the blame squarely on Harper is a bit harsh. Defensively he struggled, I agree, but he wasn't the worst in that department either. Walker and Paseka the only two I'd give more than a pass mark too.

Not one line break last night ! This from a team who are trying to paint themselves as the entertainers. Both tries from speculative kicks - shows how bereft of ideas and attacking prowess we were last night. Forwards got dominated and it flowed on from there. We went into frantic one out football with no structure and no clue on how to get momentum back.

Last edited:
Pathetic performance particularly by our forwards that gave our backs no chance.
Also consider -
Storm had 60% possession again
Storm had a 9 to 5 penalty advantage - thanks again ref as I can’t remember the last time we won a penalty count v Storm and they were offside all night
Storm completed 33/34 sets and Many completed 12/20
Manly missed 35 tackles because of the above that also directly led to Storm tries
I think Turbo was much better than 2/10 and I think both he and Jake have been suffering badly emotionally as they recently lost their Grandmother who they were very close to and could not attend her funeral due to Covid lockdown

All up a very very bad day at the office for a number of reasons and let’s get behind the boys next week to get back on track !! 🦅🦅🦅

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8