Players & RLPA v NRL: Ongoing Saga

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
When the players go on strike , everyone will take notice , until then most don’t give a **** !!

But you can bet most of them are highly geared , and addicted to the $$$ so that’s very doubtful.
The covering the logo isn't going according to plan.
Some obviously aren't too fussed as their attempts didn't last long and haven't bothered to re cover them at half time.
Not really sticking it to the man is it?

Last edited:
The players are not doing themselves any favours.
I was once in a Union and I progressed, through experience and/or talent, up the gradings - from cadet to D,C,B and A-grade. My employer had a budget which provided for a certain number of A-grades etc. Promotion was blocked if all of the A-grade positions were full. The option was for the employer to retrench an employee in order to create a position or find another employer to take the unwanted A-grade.
Why can't such a system work in the NRL? A club's salary cap could stipulate a maximum of, say, three A-grade players (on, say $1m plus)... and so on down the gradings to cadets/rookies on the minimum wage.
This system would make it easy to check which clubs are breaking the salary cap.
Thoughts?

This system would make it easy to check which clubs are breaking the salary cap.
Thoughts?
None of that has anything to do with what is in dispute!
As many others have said, just check out the RLPA site for a clear statement of what the issues are.
As for channel 9 slamming the players assoc... who'd have imagined!

The players are not doing themselves any favours.
I was once in a Union and I progressed, through experience and/or talent, up the gradings - from cadet to D,C,B and A-grade. My employer had a budget which provided for a certain number of A-grades etc. Promotion was blocked if all of the A-grade positions were full. The option was for the employer to retrench an employee in order to create a position or find another employer to take the unwanted A-grade.
Why can't such a system work in the NRL? A club's salary cap could stipulate a maximum of, say, three A-grade players (on, say $1m plus)... and so on down the gradings to cadets/rookies on the minimum wage.
Thoughts?
That’s my points system that I have been banging on about for years.

I’m for abandoning the salary cap ( it’s a farce anyway ) but bringing in a points system.

Each side can pay whatever they want to get their 3 top players but they only get 3 as they need to consider their points value.

They can then probably only “ afford “ ( as in points ) 3 on the next tier also.

Each team only gets XXX points , and still has to have 30 players on the list , but you can’t stack your side with with the best players ( even if you’ve got unlimited funds) as they just don’t fit.

Clubs still get a salary to work with ( funded by the game ) anything else from their own funds or sponsors.

Third party bull**** is eliminated.

Now , the rich clubs will still do well , as they’ll be able to buy the top 3 players , and the top tier 2 , tier 3 , tier 4, tier 5 players BUT they can’t stack their sides with 6/8 SOO players and have another 10 fringe SOO players sitting in reserve.

Also , the juniors go into a draft , the last place side gets picks 1 & 2, and the side who won the comp last year gets picks 33/34.

Or something like this , the aim is to spread the talent.

the bits i have read and heard mention some of the wording around ongoing injuries post footy being a sticking point

Thinking that through i wondered if the concussion outcomes in other sports have something to do with this clause

its easy to imagine this being a major obstacle for both parties and in particular the NRL seems to be throwing the short term coin around

i also see that most of the negative press comes from media outlets with skin in the game. understandable i guesss but somewhat suspiciuos considering the players seem behind newton and that side of the media seem to despise him on a personal level

the bits i have read and heard mention some of the wording around ongoing injuries post footy being a sticking point

Thinking that through i wondered if the concussion outcomes in other sports have something to do with this clause

its easy to imagine this being a major obstacle for both parties and in particular the NRL seems to be throwing the short term coin around

i also see that most of the negative press comes from media outlets with skin in the game. understandable i guesss but somewhat suspiciuos considering the players seem behind newton and that side of the media seem to despise him on a personal level
You'd expect Nein & Fox to be pro the NRL.

Pretty hard for the RLPA to get their side out in the mainstream

Does Abdo ever get a job across the line?.... always at the end, Superman PVL flies in and sorts it out and looks like the saviour again.

Does Abdo ever get a job across the line?.... always at the end, Superman PVL flies in and sorts it out and looks like the saviour again.
He can't he always has to ask permission from PVL.
Just a puppet for the puppeteer

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10