Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Long time observer, first time poster, long time fan, short term sufferer...

Whilst I have been a Tom Wright fan since the Holden Cup semi-finals last year, I fully supported Trent's pick-and-stick approach to young Croker (although I thought he lacked the x-factor in attack, I thought he may develop with confidence).

But now, with injury forcing his hand, I IMPLORE TRENT to resist media pressure to pick Hastings (who is a decent player but, for ****'s sake, HE IS NOT THE MESSIAH - HE IS A NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY BOY) and blood young Tom... After all, and considering our pathetic attack over the last 4 weeks, WHAT IS THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN????

Please, please, PLEEEEEEEEASE Trent...... Give the kid, and us suffering fans, a chance!!!

Pick the kid!!!!

You can watch Wright today for Blacktown and see if you still think he is an option. From what I've seen he would get targeted big time in defence at 6 at NRL level, so it's a no from me.

He does have some good attacking skills, so if we are going to blood him I'd prefer it was on the wing to see how he goes.

Tom wright was on our extended bench and dropped off with J Wright, so he must be on there radar . Only his defence from what ive seen could be a worry and thats the last thing Dce needs at the moment. Hope all is going well in Darwin , a shame you didnt hang around longer.

They keep picking him at centre so cant see him getting a call up at 6 in first grade.
Apparently Joey Lussick has been solid in recent weeks so another good game from him might get him the call up..

They keep picking him at centre so cant see him getting a call up at 6 in first grade.
Apparently Joey Lussick has been solid in recent weeks so another good game from him might get him the call up..

Tom Wright to centre and Kelly to 5/8

Have been quire supportive of Barrett since his appointment but will be genuinely critical if he does not select Tom Wright ahead of Matt Wright as a winger next week . The season "s prospects are looking a bit grim . but the time for ' safe ' selection options are really over now and probably the only positive highlight from Black town yesterday was Tom 's excellent show of acceleration and speed for his first try. Really not ready for 5 / 8 yet , but apart from his speed , seems to have good hands , fairly confident that he can cope defensively and is a reasonably big unit and so could manage general hit up"s . Even thought last year that maybe even Kelly could be tried as a 5 / 8 but him and Walker still seem the best center pairing at present . Not a fan of A P I at six , disregarding any off field issues still not sold on Hastings but if Matt Wright is the only other alternate , might have to go with Hastings , necessity may just require it .

Almost guaranteed to be Poo at 9 and Api at 5/8.

I’ve read it in the tea leaves!!

And I agree with another comment, if so , I think I’ll record it in case there’s a miracle but watch something else whilst the games on!!

Last edited:
Almost guaranteed to be Poo at 8 and Api at 5/8.

And I agree with another comment, if so , I think I’ll record it in case there’s a miracle but watch something else whilst the games on!!
Poo at 8 , what are you trying to scare the Roosters forwards into early submission .

Almost guaranteed to be Poo at 8 and Api at 5/8.

If Poo is anywhere in that starting side then I'm getting the strait jacket for Barrett

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8