Point your finger at the board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There's no value in this turning in to another closed thread because of name calling or abuse?

Bozo, if you are a member of the Football Club I'd encourage you to come to the AGM to have your say and ask your questions.

Alternatively, contact me via PM with your concerns or any questions you may have and I'm happy to take this off line?

I'm over the public slanging that seems to be coming from each and every quarter at the moment.

Whilst I may not agree with how some things are done or even understand why in some cases the only benefit of "washing linen in public" or leaking things to the press is to line the coffers of the tabloid press owners.

Plus of course add to the obvious glee of those who don't like us and hate the fact we are yet again premiers.

vidmar said:
OK - I'll bite...

Who do you identify as being the "faceless clowns" that must go?

you :p
nah get rid of jonesy hes a deadset clown vidmar your an old bastard so your only half the clown u used to be. :)

vidmar said:
There's no value in this turning in to another closed thread because of name calling or abuse?

Bozo, if you are a member of the Football Club I'd encourage you to come to the AGM to have your say and ask your questions.

Alternatively, contact me via PM with your concerns or any questions you may have and I'm happy to take this off line?

I'm over the public slanging that seems to be coming from each and every quarter at the moment.

Whilst I may not agree with how some things are done or even understand why in some cases the only benefit of "washing linen in public" or leaking things to the press is to line the coffers of the tabloid press owners.

Plus of course add to the obvious glee of those who don't like us and hate the fact we are yet again premiers.
Thank you for the offer Vidmar as i am happy to come to the AGM . I am a passionate supporter who wants our club to continue to ecxell, I am just bitterly dissapointed at what our club is going through at the moment. I am not faceless as a fellow Eagle supporter commented ,I am looking forward to meeting all of you guys and shaking your hands at the AGM.
PS
Birds of a feather stick together :D:D:D

I found the underlining slightly threatening BOZO, as well as the invitation to meet. What annoyed me about your points was the insistence that there are 'faceless' people on the board who make crap decisions. When you were asked to name names, you just repeated your 'faceless' claim. I read the threads quite closely, and I'm aware of the names of many of the persons on the various boards. There all there, all you have to do is look. See you at the AGM.

Masked Eagle said:
Hamster Huey said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Long time no view HH, welcome aboard (again?)

Been lurking but uninterested in much of the banter here. Haven't bothered with a Manly forum since the club official forum went claws up. Recent days worth of rediculous statements and over-reactions has prompted me to hit the 'Post Reply' button a few times tonight.

Thanks for the welcome back to the fold. Time will tell how long I bother posting.

I heard you were too busy carving up on the touch field, but I know thats not really true.

Sorry to take so long to reply ME; had a 1000 tweets from fans to respond to before getting back here.

As you realise yourself, the rain in Canberra stops all sporting activities dead so I've found time to post until the sky clears later this week.

Thanks for your support.

The names on the board(s) are publicly known so if anyone has a beef they should name the person(s) and explain why.

Theer are two Football Club board members on this forum...unless they go under another name I am unaware of any of the MWSE board members are on here (I doubt they would be).

So yes I agree with you DSM, "name and shame" or withdraw the comments.

If it's FC Board members we should be able to get an answer from Vid or Jonesey...the MWSE Board is an entirely different animal.

DSM5 said:
I found the underlining slightly threatening BOZO, as well as the invitation to meet. What annoyed me about your points was the insistence that there are 'faceless' people on the board who make crap decisions. When you were asked to name names, you just repeated your 'faceless' claim. I read the threads quite closely, and I'm aware of the names of many of the persons on the various boards. There all there, all you have to do is look. See you at the AGM.
[/quoteI honestly dont know how my post was underlined , maybe i pressed some button . You called me a faceless clown and I am not a faceless person and i am happy to meet any one face to face . What is so threatening about that ??? Our greatest player of all time and Immortal was quoted as saying there are faceless man on our board and i believe he has credibility to make a claim on this. I am looking forward going to the AGM and getting some answers.
I am as passionate as your self and every Manly supporter here and am looking forward to be with you all at the AGM.

DSM5 said:
I honestly dont know how my post was underlined , maybe i pressed some button ? .You called me a faceless clown and i dont believe i am a faceless person and i am happy to meet any one face to face . What is so threatening about that ? Our greatest player and immortal was quoted as saying there are faceless man on our board and i believe he has the cedibility to make this satement .
I am as passionate about the Sea Eagles as you and every other Manly supporter that will turn up at the AGM and i am looking froward to meeting every one of you.

DSM5 said:
I honesty dont know how my post was underlined, maybe i pressed some button?? .You called me a faceless clown and i dont believe i am a faceless person as i am happy to meet anyone . What is so threatening about that ?? Our greatest player and immortal was quoted as saying we have faceless man on our board and i believe he has the credibility to make such a statement .
I am as passionate about the mighty Sea Eagles as much as you and all the other manly supporters that will be at the AGM and i am looking forward to be there with you guys .

DSM5 said:

I honestly dont know how my post was underlined , maybe i pressed some button?? You called me a faceless clown and i dont believe I am a faceless person and i am happy to meet any one face to face ,What is so threatening about that ?? Our greatest player and immortal was quoted as saying we have faceless men on our board and i believe he has the credibility to say so.
I am as passionate about Manly as you and all the other supporters that will attend the AGM and i am looking forward to be with you all there.

Let me help you with that post Bozo.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

vidmar said:
Ceagle said:
Most people seem to be putting the full blame on Des for the fallout of staff leaving, but we have to point blame towards the dysfunctional board, they have obviously upset the apple cart enough for all these staff to be leaving. We can't just ignore what is going, we need to point blame towards the board and have them oust before any more damage is done.

Get rid of Reily or have URM buy the shares.

Your post suggests that you don’t perhaps have a full understanding of who is on the board of the Sea Eagles so just in case see here -

http://www.silvertails.net/supporters/48-mw-football-club/5371-membership-information

The board is made up of representatives of the owners of the Sea Eagles being the Penn's, Quantum, The Manly Leagues Club and the Football Club – FACT

No one person can determine the direction of the club or have any influence on contracts or pay and conditions of players, admin, officials or coaching staff - FACT

A post saying oust the board effectively means that you are asking for the owners to have no say in the running of their business – Not going to happen mate - FACT

Bob Reilly does not own any shares – FACT

Shares are owned by the Football Club and Leagues Club (which are both owned by the members ie you and me and other supporters) – FACT

As such he represents the interests of those entities as Chairman and is accountable to the boards and members of each (which Quantum and Penn Health are not) – FACT

The patrons of the Football Club are Arko and Kerry Sibraa – The direction of the Football Club and the actions of its board members are ultimately overseen by these guys.

They are kept very well informed and have an active involvement in day to day matters so take from that what you will?

Bob Reilly has been appointed unopposed as chairman of the Football Club for 2012 & 2013

If he is the problem as suggested why was this allowed to happen?

Why has there not been mass revolt by the members?

There wasn’t even a ballot needed to elect the board as the existing members were elected unopposed and have been joined by Zorba and Rory Muscat (who replaced Cliffy and Damien Smith who elected not to stand for another term.)

Might this suggest that those who have taken the time to get some facts, speak to the FC board members and be pro-active in finding out what has really been going on (rather than base their decision on Dean Ritchie et al) are comfortable that the FC are acting in the best interest of the club and members?

Might it be that these people trust people like me and Jonesy and our board colleagues to look after their interests and do the right thing?

To avoid any confusion - board positions on the FC are held by elected volunteers ie unpaid positions - they are held by people who are passionate about the club and want to do the best for it and the members - Not crazy people with political agendas to destroy the club.

Much as it works to paint Reilly as the “bad guy” – the fact is that he is the only person in this whole saga that is accountable to members’

If you have an issue (and you are a Football Club or Leagues Club member) you would be better served to ask the questions directly to your board members and the get the facts rather than speculate and rely on tabloid journos with an agenda?

There is an AGM on Thursday 15th December and I would encourage all members to attend.

I'm accountable to those who know me, who I stand with on the Hill, who see me at the Leagues Club before and after games, who I travel with on the supporters bus or gather with on MWTS tours.

I am very comfortable that the FC are acting in the best interest of the club and the members.

Obviously some of the board or club admin have pissed off the coach and support staff so much they are leaving. There is no other reason. If the coach and support staff have a right to be pissed off at their treatment is the unknown.

Garts.... If what you say is true, that the support staff are leaving because of the board, then why did Dave Warwick change his mind about leaving and sign for 3 more years? Did he suddenly decide that the board weren't that bad after all and stay? Of course not. He is staying because Crusher is leaving and he wants the top job. If the board was forcing him out he would not have come back regardless of what Crusher did. Cleal is leaving because Des is, and Des is leaving for money.

bones said:
Garts.... If what you say is true, that the support staff are leaving because of the board, then why did Dave Warwick change his mind about leaving and sign for 3 more years? Did he suddenly decide that the board weren't that bad after all and stay? Of course not. He is staying because Crusher is leaving and he wants the top job. If the board was forcing him out he would not have come back regardless of what Crusher did. Cleal is leaving because Des is, and Des is leaving for money.

We are all speculating. I am not saying the board were wrong in doing whatever was done, Des might have had a massive ego and been a massive pain in the arse and we were correct in not caving into demands, thats if there were any. I don't know and nor do many on here. But all signs point to some form of disagreement somewhere along the line. I do not believe Des and others would rip the club apart purely for money.

bones said:

And....if Des left because of the board, then why did he take up the option to coach Manly in 2012 knowing the same board were going to be there?

If he couldn't work with them, he wouldn't have signed on for 2012.

I also can't believe how Scott Penn has got out of this mess intact. He was the one doing the negotiations in the first place which he botched.

I don't believe one man on a board who doesn't have anything to do with running of the club could cause so much damage.

There is much more to this than meets the eye....i'm just not sure what it is!!!:dodgy:

DSM5 said:
I honestly dont know what happened with the underlining , i must have pressed some button ?? You called me a faceless clown and i dont believe i am a faceless person as i am happy to meet any one . Sorry you took this the wrong way. Our greatest player and immortal was quoted as saying we have some faceless men on our board and i believe he has the credibility to make this claim.
I am very dissapointed at what our club is going through at the moment and i look forward going to the AGM and meeting you and all our passionate supporters there!!!

Jatz Crackers said:

Let me help you with that post Bozo.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks for the offer Jatz I think i need a new lap top as its going Crackers.

manlywarringah said:
And....if Des left because of the board, then why did he take up the option to coach Manly in 2012 knowing the same board were going to be there?

If he couldn't work with them, he wouldn't have signed on for 2012.

The only reason mw is because he is contracted to coach in 2012.
(Don't read anything into that - just stating a fact, nothing else).

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8